You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:11:19 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Obviously, stuff is broken : /  (Read 12773 times)

Offline Kip

Re: Obviously, stuff is broken : /
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »
I'm still having issues with signatures beside instead of under posts, and stretching pages like mad...

Saff - are you using Chrome?  Is it linked to this?.

I think Vekls said it had been put on the buglist for SMF.

Offline Saffron

• ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2009, 05:53:58 PM »
Saff - are you using Chrome?  Is it linked to this?.

I think Vekls said it had been put on the buglist for SMF.
No, I'm using Safari

Offline grdell

« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2009, 12:01:39 PM »
I'm having significant issues with the site when I try to access it from work. Admittedly, I'm only using IE 6 at work (I wish they'd let us upgrade!), but we've got a good strong connection...

First, the formatting is all messed up with images piling on top of other images and indents all whacked out.

Second, when I try to post, I get all kinds of "session verification" and "session timeout" errors.

I'm thinking of upgrading one of my computers (at work) to IE 7 or 8, and to hell with the consequences. Would that fix the issues?

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »
This is what I typed in the New Message text box.

What's new?  What's happening?  I don't know.  We're not here.  Aren't you going?

This is what the text looks like after I click Preview.  The text in the Preview box is fine.

What\'s new?  What\'s happening?  I don\'t know.  We\'re not here.  Aren\'t you going?

This is what happens when I click Preview again.  The text in the Preview box has single slashes.

What\\'s new?  What\\'s happening?  I don\\'t know.  We\\'re not here.  Aren\\'t you going?

Each time I click the Preview button I get new slashes added.  I'm using Firefox.  Any advice?

Online VekseidTopic starter

« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2009, 02:40:11 PM »
No, I'm using Safari

Safari and Chrome use the same engine.

« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2009, 02:56:44 PM »
I'm having significant issues with the site when I try to access it from work. Admittedly, I'm only using IE 6 at work (I wish they'd let us upgrade!), but we've got a good strong connection...

First, the formatting is all messed up with images piling on top of other images and indents all whacked out.

Second, when I try to post, I get all kinds of "session verification" and "session timeout" errors.

I'm thinking of upgrading one of my computers (at work) to IE 7 or 8, and to hell with the consequences. Would that fix the issues?

Gah, I can't even get the Internet Explorer collection to work properly ATM. It mostly works as per the IE collection, but I know that's not very faithful to some of IE 6's quirks, especially with me running XP 64.

Session timeouts may have to do with your cookies and cookie settings - try putting elliquiy.com in your trusted zone.

This is what I typed in the New Message text box.

What's new?  What's happening?  I don't know.  We're not here.  Aren't you going?

This is what the text looks like after I click Preview.  The text in the Preview box is fine.

What\'s new?  What\'s happening?  I don\'t know.  We\'re not here.  Aren\'t you going?

This is what happens when I click Preview again.  The text in the Preview box has single slashes.

What\\'s new?  What\\'s happening?  I don\\'t know.  We\\'re not here.  Aren\\'t you going?

Each time I click the Preview button I get new slashes added.  I'm using Firefox.  Any advice?

I'm not getting it, but I see where it's probably coming from. I'll file a bug.

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2009, 03:11:28 PM »
I'm not getting it, but I see where it's probably coming from. I'll file a bug.

Thanks.  I wasn't such a problem until I was PMing about a story and kept forgetting to remove the slashes or forgot to not use contractions.  I'm a big fan of contractions if you haven't noticed.

Offline grdell

« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2009, 05:26:27 PM »
Gah, I can't even get the Internet Explorer collection to work properly ATM. It mostly works as per the IE collection, but I know that's not very faithful to some of IE 6's quirks, especially with me running XP 64.

Session timeouts may have to do with your cookies and cookie settings - try putting elliquiy.com in your trusted zone.

Upgraded to IE7, which fixed the formatting problem. Added Elliquiy to trusted sites, but still get the timeout problem.

« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2009, 05:42:20 PM »
Hm. Anything for privacy at all? Can you tell if Elliquiy's session cookie is actually getting set? How about your computer's clock?

Offline Cecilia

« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2009, 12:53:08 AM »
A few times now, I've used quick-reply and hit post, only to have it disappear on me entirely.  IT appears to happen when someone else posts at the same time, but I don't get the usual red warning about someone else posting.

« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2009, 05:54:52 AM »
A few times now, I've used quick-reply and hit post, only to have it disappear on me entirely.  IT appears to happen when someone else posts at the same time, but I don't get the usual red warning about someone else posting.

...let me know if they magically reappear all of the 'sudden'.

I think, sadly, it's time that I stopped looking forward to SMF and just moved on : /

Offline Cecilia

« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2009, 06:35:04 PM »
This happened again just now, and by chance I thought to hit the back arrow on my browser.  It actually appeared with the red warning "someone just posted".   A sort of strange bug?  If two people hit post at the same time one of the posts seems to completely disappear, but when you go back it reappears.  *poof*

Offline kylie

• Bratty Princess of Twisty, Creeping Secrets. Frilly | Fussy | Framed | Dreamy | Glam | Risky | Sporty | Rapt | Tease | Ironic | Shadowed | Struggling | Whispery | Bespelled
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Darkly sweet femme for rich & insidious scenarios.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2009, 10:33:56 AM »

I have been connecting with Firefox forever now with practically no problem at all.  Right now, I cannot log in with it at all.  It says,

"You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings."

This happens regardless of whether I start out with http or https.  I have confirmed I have the right password (thus I'm able to get in with IE8).  I'm on Win XP SP 3, same machine as all year.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2009, 10:35:44 AM »
Seems to be a transitory issue.  I had that problem earlier where it said I wasn't logged in, or couldn't log in (similar setup).  The login button/password towards the top of the screen worked where the one in the center of the screen (associated with the error message) did not.

Offline Lilias

« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2009, 10:38:48 AM »
While I was logged out twice today (the second time even not accepting my saved password until I had retyped it), which is odd, considering the 'always' box was and remains ticked.

Offline kylie

• Bratty Princess of Twisty, Creeping Secrets. Frilly | Fussy | Framed | Dreamy | Glam | Risky | Sporty | Rapt | Tease | Ironic | Shadowed | Struggling | Whispery | Bespelled
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2009, 10:41:08 AM »
Seems to be a transitory issue.  I had that problem earlier where it said I wasn't logged in, or couldn't log in (similar setup).  The login button/password towards the top of the screen worked where the one in the center of the screen (associated with the error message) did not.
   Thanks for answering, but neither of those buttons is working for me at the moment.

Btw, I also checked the Firefox cookie setting.  It's accepting them until they expire.  I don't believe I've touched it in ages, either.  Haven't changed or installed anything dramatic that I can think of recently; I was on with Firefox not long ago. 

Offline Torch

• Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain/Trieste's sarcasm buddy
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." P.B. Shelley
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2009, 10:41:39 AM »
While I was logged out twice today (the second time even not accepting my saved password until I had retyped it), which is odd, considering the 'always' box was and remains ticked.

Ditto. Same thing happened to me this morning. More odd than annoying.

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2009, 10:46:40 AM »
I had the same issues three times this morning, once when trying to preview a post, and twice when trying to open a thread.  It happened on two different computers and while trying to log back in on both computers I received a password error message for the stored password on the computer.  I hadn't changed the stored password.  It just wouldn't work.

Offline kylie

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2009, 10:48:29 AM »

Is it all happening when using Firefox, or does this happen with other browsers too?

Offline Torch

• Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain/Trieste's sarcasm buddy
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." P.B. Shelley
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2009, 10:50:57 AM »
     Is it all happening when using Firefox, or does this happen with other browsers too?

Using Firefox here. 

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2009, 10:51:45 AM »
I use Firefox, too.

Offline Lilias

« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »
So do I. But I'm tempted to load up Chrome as well, to see how that one reacts.

« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »

Those were my fault. Shouldn't happen again, really, but will see : /

I had the same issues three times this morning, once when trying to preview a post, and twice when trying to open a thread.  It happened on two different computers and while trying to log back in on both computers I received a password error message for the stored password on the computer.  I hadn't changed the stored password.  It just wouldn't work.

Stored passwords might not (the way logging in is setup by default, you don't even send your password with javascript enabled). If you're having issues, I would recommend clearing all elliquiy.com cookies from your browser, as well as any Elliquiy specific stored passwords, and any cache. You will need to restart your browser.

Offline kylie

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2009, 11:00:10 AM »
If you're having issues, I would recommend clearing all elliquiy.com cookies from your browser, as well as any Elliquiy specific stored passwords, and any cache. You will need to restart your browser.
     Just tried that.  It doesn't seem to be resolving it at the moment.

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
Thank you, Veks.