Spunky's Cafe (open to all)

Started by Spunky, November 16, 2009, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spunky

*peeks in, sees visitors having dropped by* Thank you all for sharing. *waves, sets out menu*

glimmertwin

Glimmer saunters in and takes a look around.  The place looks nice but, then again, what would you really expect with Spunky.   A dump? No way.  She knows how to run a business and how to market it.  With a dry taste in his mouth a beer would taste fine.  Just fine,  he decides and with that he walks up to the bar and takes a seat.

"Hello?  Anyone here?"  Roland looks around for the waitress.
"Sometimes I feel like my shadows casting me."  - Warren Zevon

Spunky

Quote from: glimmertwin on February 03, 2010, 08:49:20 PM
Glimmer saunters in and takes a look around.  The place looks nice but, then again, what would you really expect with Spunky.   A dump? No way.  She knows how to run a business and how to market it.  With a dry taste in his mouth a beer would taste fine.  Just fine,  he decides and with that he walks up to the bar and takes a seat.

"Hello?  Anyone here?"  Roland looks around for the waitress.

*pops up from behind the bar* Hello. *kisses* You look a man in want of a beer. *smiles, grabs one from the fridge, hands it over* You can always help yourself if no one is around. *winks*

glimmertwin

"Spunky!!" Glimmer exclaims!  "Whoa!  You surprised me a bit there.  What are you doing under the bar?  What you got going down there?"  He smiles at her and looks her up and down.  Dang she looks nice tonight.  Heck, she looks fine every night. 

Roland takes the beer and drinks deeply, letting the cold ale slide down his throat.  After not having much for dinner, he thinks, I better take it easy on these brews tonight.  Three or more and I will be good and buzzed.

"Spunky, you doing ok tonight?" Glimmer asks.

Spunky

Quote from: glimmertwin on February 03, 2010, 08:56:17 PM
"Spunky!!" Glimmer exclaims!  "Whoa!  You surprised me a bit there.  What are you doing under the bar?  What you got going down there?"  He smiles at her and looks her up and down.  Dang she looks nice tonight.  Heck, she looks fine every night. 

Roland takes the beer and drinks deeply, letting the cold ale slide down his throat.  After not having much for dinner, he thinks, I better take it easy on these brews tonight.  Three or more and I will be good and buzzed.

"Spunky, you doing ok tonight?" Glimmer asks.

I'm doing quite well. Thanks. *looks at the floor and leans in close to him* I have a series of tunnels so I can pop from one place to another around here. That way I can monitor the doormat and cafe at the same time, that sort of thing. How is your introduction thread going? Fun, fun, fun?

glimmertwin

Takes another long drink of the Bud Light and sets it down.  "Well, that is pretty cool.  I need to figure out some tunnels of my own!  Let me ask you something Spunky, what's better here, narrative wise.  To speak from my point of view (I take a long drink of beer and look around) or as the third party (He takes a long drink and looks around)?  I tend to write stories from the "I" narrative (I take you by the hand...). 

The process is just fine.  Getting some good questions and having fun.

Spunky

Quote from: glimmertwin on February 03, 2010, 09:06:50 PM
Takes another long drink of the Bud Light and sets it down.  "Well, that is pretty cool.  I need to figure out some tunnels of my own!  Let me ask you something Spunky, what's better here, narrative wise.  To speak from my point of view (I take a long drink of beer and look around) or as the third party (He takes a long drink and looks around)?  I tend to write stories from the "I" narrative (I take you by the hand...). 

The process is just fine.  Getting some good questions and having fun.

When socializing, many people use the first person. I tend to not write narrative when I'm chatting such as we are now. In the RPs, people seem to prefer the third person. To write in first person is too weird for many. The only first person writing I have done is in RPs that are strictly in the Private Messages, which you do not have access to yet.

*grabs a beer and sips it*

glimmertwin

*Looks Spunky up and down again while sipping a beer.  Ah....life is good. *

I tend to go back and forth from 1st and 3rd.  I like writing in 1st as I like telling folks exactly what I am thinking and I like leaving the other people to write for themselves.  If I am writing with someone I hate to write for their character.  You know?  I guess I will try to stick to third though.

Glimmer pulls a bar stool over and sits down.  Ahhhh...that feels great.  Been walking around this place all day.

Spunky

Quote from: glimmertwin on February 03, 2010, 09:18:07 PM
*Looks Spunky up and down again while sipping a beer.  Ah....life is good. *

I tend to go back and forth from 1st and 3rd.  I like writing in 1st as I like telling folks exactly what I am thinking and I like leaving the other people to write for themselves.  If I am writing with someone I hate to write for their character.  You know?  I guess I will try to stick to third though.

Glimmer pulls a bar stool over and sits down.  Ahhhh...that feels great.  Been walking around this place all day.

I know what you mean. I like to give a basic overview of my character so if the other person wants to include that their character is touching long blond hair or gazing into deep blue eyes they can. That sort of thing or a writing prompt isn't bad. Sometimes, you have your character wondering if that is a new shirt the other one is wearing and that is a prompt for your partner to comment to that. All that is fine, but I don't like my character's action being written by the other person unless we are in a group RP and have agreed that it be done. Like when I was out of town, I placed my character in a group RP with another character and the other person covered both in my absence without giving my character dialogue, just mentioned what she was doing, that kind of thing. Or if you want to move a character with yours to another room and you both know they are about to move, that's not a problem.

I do hope that makes sense? It's always good to read a person's writing style before you agree to RP with them. I've learned that the hard way.

glimmertwin

Many of the stories I have written have been erotic in nature.  I wrote a chain story with someone once and that was fun and tended to work out well. 

*Glimmer reaches out and gently places his hand on top of Spunky's.  With his thumb he gently rubs the side of his hand.  Leaning over the bar, he gives her a small kiss on the cheek and with his other hand turns her head to face him.  "Thank you for your help."  Glimmer whispers to Spunky.  He can feel a small smile spreading on his face and hopes that the warmth he feels is contagious.

Spunky

Quote from: glimmertwin on February 03, 2010, 09:34:17 PM
Many of the stories I have written have been erotic in nature.  I wrote a chain story with someone once and that was fun and tended to work out well. 

*Glimmer reaches out and gently places his hand on top of Spunky's.  With his thumb he gently rubs the side of his hand.  Leaning over the bar, he gives her a small kiss on the cheek and with his other hand turns her head to face him.  "Thank you for your help."  Glimmer whispers to Spunky.  He can feel a small smile spreading on his face and hopes that the warmth he feels is contagious.

*Feeling the warmth generated between them, Spunky smiles and kisses him in return. * A chain erotic story? I can't say I've ever seen one of those. How does it work?"

glimmertwin

*Glimmer returns the kiss and, yes, feels the warmth coming off Spunky in waves.  He wonders if it's the beer, Spunky or both.  Hoping it's just Spunky.  Hoping.  "There any more Bud's in the fridge?"

Well, the chain story I wrote was I just started a story such as two people work work at a Paper business and one night they have to work late so I would start to write and stop.  Then she would take up and write more.  We would both only write for each other or the male/female.  I might start to unbutton her top and she would write something like "I stop you and move your hand away and remind you we are supposed to be working".  We would tease each other (and other readers like that).  Well, we would frustrate each other by doing that is more like it.  lol. 

Spunky

Quote from: glimmertwin on February 03, 2010, 09:46:05 PM
*Glimmer returns the kiss and, yes, feels the warmth coming off Spunky in waves.  He wonders if it's the beer, Spunky or both.  Hoping it's just Spunky.  Hoping.  "There any more Bud's in the fridge?"

"As much as you'd like." She smiles and gently rubs his left forearm with her right hand.

QuoteWell, the chain story I wrote was I just started a story such as two people work work at a Paper business and one night they have to work late so I would start to write and stop.  Then she would take up and write more.  We would both only write for each other or the male/female.  I might start to unbutton her top and she would write something like "I stop you and move your hand away and remind you we are supposed to be working".  We would tease each other (and other readers like that).  Well, we would frustrate each other by doing that is more like it.  lol.

Ah, I see. It sounds like it was in IM? I don't do those. It gets too distracting for me to track.

glimmertwin

*Looks down at her hand rubbing his arm and smiles.  Glimmer feels that warmth spreading and regrets this is a Non-Adult cafe.  "Can I have another beer?"  Glimmer asks.  Hoping that she will have to bend over again to get it.  That was a nice view last time.

What is a IM Instant message?

Spunky

Quote from: glimmertwin on February 03, 2010, 09:53:45 PM
*Looks down at her hand rubbing his arm and smiles.  Glimmer feels that warmth spreading and regrets this is a Non-Adult cafe.  "Can I have another beer?"  Glimmer asks.  Hoping that she will have to bend over again to get it.  That was a nice view last time.

What is a IM Instant message?

"Sure you can." She bends down and gets one, opening it on the way up to handing it to him in one fluid motion.

Instant Message, yes. I only did one story that way, and I was writing both characters. It was a story I wrote one sentence at a time with the other person making comments.

glimmertwin

*Watching her all the way down getting the beer, Glimmer watches her come back up.  Wow.  That was nice.  Those pants are so tight you can what she is wearing under them.  That was a nice enough look to go to bed to.  Glimmer looks at the beer and back at Spunky.  6:00 comes very early.  He is exausted and needs to hit the sack.  He tilts the beer back and downs half of it, slamming it down on the bar.

"Well, Spunky, it's time I tossed these clothes off and...go to bed." Glimmer takes another drink of his beer and looks at Spunky.  "It's been great talking to you tonight.  Thanks for your advice and help.  I really appreciate it and please, if I need to change the way I write in any way, let me know.  It will really help!!!"  Glimmer leans in, takes Spunky by the hand and opens his mouth for another kiss.

Spunky

Quote from: glimmertwin on February 03, 2010, 10:07:06 PM
*Watching her all the way down getting the beer, Glimmer watches her come back up.  Wow.  That was nice.  Those pants are so tight you can what she is wearing under them.  That was a nice enough look to go to bed to.  Glimmer looks at the beer and back at Spunky.  6:00 comes very early.  He is exausted and needs to hit the sack.  He tilts the beer back and downs half of it, slamming it down on the bar.

"Well, Spunky, it's time I tossed these clothes off and...go to bed." Glimmer takes another drink of his beer and looks at Spunky.  "It's been great talking to you tonight.  Thanks for your advice and help.  I really appreciate it and please, if I need to change the way I write in any way, let me know.  It will really help!!!"  Glimmer leans in, takes Spunky by the hand and opens his mouth for another kiss.

She gives him a sweet, exploring good night kiss then steps back and gently squeezes his hand before letting go. "Sleep well, handsome. I'll look for you around tomorrow."

glimmertwin

The door swings open and Glimmer staggers in.  A very wrinkled Glimmer that is.  His shirt is untucked, hair is a total mess (well, he has very short hair so it's hard to mess up) and a very sleepy look haunts his face.  Glimmer shuffles up to the bar and looks around.  Was it just 10 hours ago that I was here?  Whoa!  Glimmer moves a chair aside to sit down.

"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH!!!!" The metal chair tears into the silence of the morning as it scoots across the metal floor.  Glimmer winces and sits down, leaning his elbows on the bar and resting his chin on his hands.  Last night was rough.  It all seemed so innocent when he left here last night.  That kiss was nice but very innocent.  Why then did he toss and turn all night?  Sure, he could have done something, released some pent up energy and gone to sleep but he didn't like to do that, if he didn't have to.  Well, heck, let's be honest, he didn't want to do that because he was hoping the phone would ring and he could get the real thing so he was, what? Saving himself? Oh, brother!!!

Glimmer looks around again and wonders where SPunky is.

Spunky

Quote from: glimmertwin on February 04, 2010, 10:13:14 AM
The door swings open and Glimmer staggers in.  A very wrinkled Glimmer that is.  His shirt is untucked, hair is a total mess (well, he has very short hair so it's hard to mess up) and a very sleepy look haunts his face.  Glimmer shuffles up to the bar and looks around.  Was it just 10 hours ago that I was here?  Whoa!  Glimmer moves a chair aside to sit down.

"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH!!!!" The metal chair tears into the silence of the morning as it scoots across the metal floor.  Glimmer winces and sits down, leaning his elbows on the bar and resting his chin on his hands.  Last night was rough.  It all seemed so innocent when he left here last night.  That kiss was nice but very innocent.  Why then did he toss and turn all night?  Sure, he could have done something, released some pent up energy and gone to sleep but he didn't like to do that, if he didn't have to.  Well, heck, let's be honest, he didn't want to do that because he was hoping the phone would ring and he could get the real thing so he was, what? Saving himself? Oh, brother!!!

Glimmer looks around again and wonders where SPunky is.

Spunky sees cafe feed on her laptop and puzzles. Poor boy. He looks worse than what the dogs drag in.

"Good morning, handsome." Spunky pops up behind the bar with a beaming smile. "Coffee or tea?" She starts the brewer for both and pulls out the Irish whiskey. "Need a hair of the dog?"

glimmertwin

"Hair of the dog...wha?"  Glimmer looks up at Spunky.  "No...no.  It's not that."  His eyes walk all over her and then skirt away quickly.  "Tea, please.  Do you have any green tea".

Nico

glimmertwin

Turns around and looks at Nick.  "Hey Nick!  Good to see you."

Nico

~waves to glimmertwin~ Good evening.

Spunky

Quote from: Nicholas on February 04, 2010, 11:04:21 AM
~peeks in and waves to Spunky~

*waves, smiles* Hello, Nick. Nice to see you.

glimmertwin

Glimmer looks up at Spunky, clears his throat and waits for her to look over at him.