You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 02:48:33 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin One-Shot! (Looking for Male Player)  (Read 519 times)

Offline iridum248Topic starter

Hello, all- Recently, I've played through the *excellent* Castlevania DS game...Where the main 'gimmick' is that you control *two* characters, switching between them freely, as you delve into the titular haunted castle...

This, by the way, is Charlotte, the female lead:

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net

Now, there's this idea for a one-shot I've been nursing; In the game, certain enemies respond *differently* to the main characters, varying their attacks depending on whom they're facing- Especially an incubus called 'Zacchino' in the bestiary, who's lightning-quick with a rapier...If you're playing as the male lead.

If you're playing as Charlotte, though, he's completely harmless- And actually offers her a bouquet of roses instead, looking quite forlorn if you walk away! Of course, you can't actually *do* anything- As the characters are side-by-side for most of the game, but there *is* a section where the Johnathan is resolving some solo subquest of his own...Which, of course, gives us a window of opportunity to play with. ^_^

The RP idea I've had is, what if a very, very bored Charlotte- Who at this point, is so high-level that the Castle's not much of a threat to her- decides to take up Zacchino's offer...And a date? Of course, this leads to something *more*...But I'm envisioning a light-hearted romp that's quite self-aware, and pokes fun at some of the gameplay mechanics...Anyone interested? ^_^
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:52:32 AM by iridum248 »

Offline Kyoudai

• Modern-day samurai
  • Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin One-Shot! (Looking for Male Player)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:57:36 AM »
As a long time fanatic of the castlevania series, and a huge fan of roleplays involving video game and anime characters, I can't say no to an idea like this. It's been quite a long time since I played Portrait of Ruin, so I'll have to brush up on the characters other than Charlotte. I definitely remember her and that skirt teasing me the whole game.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 06:13:52 AM »
Bumpy~

I won't mind playing as *this* girl from Order of Ececclesia *something*, either, but I guess it'd necessitate a change in plot. Dracula takes an off day?

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=497779

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=525617

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=396625
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:31:13 AM by iridum248 »

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »
Here's a decidedly more hardcore version of the OP; For some reason, this one appeals to me tremendously.

Now, as mentioned earlier, the gimmick for this game was that our lovely sorceress was partnered with a fairly boring, blonde invincible hero named Jonahthan. You controlled *two* characters, switching between them freely, as you delve into the titular haunted castle...Until a certain point, where Jonahtan had an annoying subquest...To unlock the powers of his whip, he had to battle the, uh, Whip's Memory, a gloriously 8-bit sprite, and win a solo battle. When you do, he heads out, and rejoins Charlotte to carry on with the adventure...

Well, the wicked idea I'm nursing is- What was Charlotte up to, at this point of the game? Certainly, they're both so stupidly overpowered that the castle isn't much of a challenge to them~ But a girl could get very, *very* bored. There's the kindergarden childhood tension between her and the hero that *never* goes anywhere, of course...But that's not what this story is about.

See, there's always a hint of something *naughty* about Charlotte~ Something I'd like to explore! The idea for this game is that our sorceress goes roaming by herself...And, in a fit of boredom, or under the influence of some charm, cursed equipment or spell that makes her more * susceptible*, shacks up with a creature that she *really* shouldn't. It's a tempting thought, her being banged, *taken* by a bitch by some weakling of a monster that she'd never give the time of day...Maybe a goblin, or a giant Fleaman, and so on! Of course, she doesn't pay her ill-timed tryst any mind~ She might even cover her tracks by *killing* it, after all...

-But, well, it's not a good time for our lovely sorceress~ And nine months later...She has an unfortunate legacy. -_^ The idea I *really* liked about this: After her 'date' is over, Charlotte goes back to being the sweet innocent childhood friend with Johnathan~ Still with the UST between them...Unaware she's already been knocked up in a bang-bang-bang tryst with some perverted, weakling monster! That would be...awkward to explain. This scenario could be stretched out by varying it each time~ A different monster, a different aftermath.

Spur of the moment thought, but what do you think? ^_^

Offline ReijiTabibito

• Gatecrasher
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • There cannot be another Fall.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 11:47:00 PM »
Forgive me for asking so...but haven't we heard this tune before?

It might just be my memory, though....   ;)