You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 08:23:13 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Feature Suggestion: Customizable Sub-Sections Within Bookmarks  (Read 1555 times)

Offline CaeliTopic starter

Feature Suggestion: Customizable Sub-Sections Within Bookmarks
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:46:43 AM »
Veks! ^__^

This is a feature suggestion for the future, when you have more time to devote to coding more awesome things for Elliquiy.

I think it'd be really cool (and very useful) to have customizable sub-sections within our bookmarks.  Like file folders within a filing cabinet. Or folders within a binder.

At the moment, I mostly bookmark my roleplays, but lately I've taken to bookmarking other threads of interest, like the recipes thread, NaNo threads, and other peoples' roleplays. Having these sub-sections would allow members to sort their bookmarks by type more easily. :-)

For example, within my bookmarks, possible subsections might include:
  • My Non-Roleplay Topics
  • My Roleplays
  • Dead Roleplays
  • Roleplays I Follow
  • Threads of Interest

That is all. :-)

Offline Vekseid

Re: Feature Suggestion: Customizable Sub-Sections Within Bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 02:52:44 AM »
I'm going to be working with the SMF team a bit to see about phasing out the current user-topic portion of the schema and replace it with something a bit more robust. So I'll take any sort of suggestions that involve you (as a member) and topics (like this thread, your roleplays, etc) and their features. For example

* Removing topics from your 'show new replies since' list
* Ignoring single topics entirely
* Topic ratings as with MyBB and some other forums (see http://personalroleplaying.com for an example)
* Caeli's idea above with the bookmarks
* Anything involving notifications

Etc. and so on. It's all the same 'style' of issue, so I'd rather implement the set and be done with it for awhile.

Offline Haibane

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:03:51 AM »
Sounds fantastic. My bookmarks seem to be about the same size as the site and organizing them better would be a big help.

Offline Krysia

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:44:55 AM »
I totally agree with the suggestions Caeli made. >:) It would make my life so much easier and I'm sure it would make others easier as well. I hate digging through my bookmarks to find the one I'm looking for.

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya till you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 06:34:02 PM »
-snip-

-snip-

Want, crave, desire!

Offline Skye

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 06:36:18 PM »
Veks! ^__^

This is a feature suggestion for the future, when you have more time to devote to coding more awesome things for Elliquiy.

I think it'd be really cool (and very useful) to have customizable sub-sections within our bookmarks.  Like file folders within a filing cabinet. Or folders within a binder.

At the moment, I mostly bookmark my roleplays, but lately I've taken to bookmarking other threads of interest, like the recipes thread, NaNo threads, and other peoples' roleplays. Having these sub-sections would allow members to sort their bookmarks by type more easily. :-)

For example, within my bookmarks, possible subsections might include:
  • My Non-Roleplay Topics
  • My Roleplays
  • Dead Roleplays
  • Roleplays I Follow
  • Threads of Interest

That is all. :-)

I do the same, and I love this idea! -Gives Veks the puppy dog eyes-

Offline jouzinka

• Elf Guardian of the Blind Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken. Law, Hr nn, dollen i Rw
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • The E mantra: Sip, swallow, scroll, sip, swallow..
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 04:09:48 PM »
I'm going to be working with the SMF team a bit to see about phasing out the current user-topic portion of the schema and replace it with something a bit more robust. So I'll take any sort of suggestions that involve you (as a member) and topics (like this thread, your roleplays, etc) and their features. For example

* Ignoring single topics entirely
* Topic ratings as with MyBB and some other forums (see http://personalroleplaying.com for an example)
* Caeli's idea above with the bookmarks
* Anything involving notifications

Etc. and so on. It's all the same 'style' of issue, so I'd rather implement the set and be done with it for awhile.

Could I add that it would be nice to be able to show incoming/archived/outgoing PMs from/to a certain person? Or at least be able to search PMs received or sent to a certain person...  O:)

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 07:42:11 AM »
Could I add that it would be nice to be able to show incoming/archived/outgoing PMs from/to a certain person? Or at least be able to search PMs received or sent to a certain person...  O:)

If you click on the header of the 'From' column, it will sort your PMs by the username there, either ascending or descending.  It's not exactly a search, but it makes it easy to find messages from one person.

Offline jouzinka

• Elf Guardian of the Blind Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken. Law, Hr nn, dollen i Rw
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • The E mantra: Sip, swallow, scroll, sip, swallow..
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 07:43:45 AM »
If you click on the header of the 'From' column, it will sort your PMs by the username there, either ascending or descending.  It's not exactly a search, but it makes it easy to find messages from one person.

Thanks. :)

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 10:07:47 AM »
I'd like to support the request for sub-sections in bookmarks.  I, for one, would find it useful.

http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=48983.0

I'd love being able to build folders for the stories I'm writing, the stories I want to follow and other items I'd like to keep track of.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:57:39 AM by Beguile's Mistress »