You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 04:49:51 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Let Us Sing a Sad Song for Australia  (Read 1069 times)

Offline InkiduTopic starter

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Let Us Sing a Sad Song for Australia
« on: November 01, 2009, 04:53:46 PM »
I recently heard that their government regulated video game raters are not allowing Left 4 Dead 2 to be sold in the Continent/Island/Country. On a positive note. The zombie apocalypse is probably not hitting them too hard when it comes.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Let Us Sing a Sad Song for Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 05:06:22 PM »
Either that, or it will hit there harder than anywhere else, seeing as the populace will not have the opportunity to sharpen their zombie-fighting skills.

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 05:07:48 PM »
Either that, or it will hit there harder than anywhere else, seeing as the populace will not have the opportunity to sharpen their zombie-fighting skills.
Then again they might do fine. We'll be easy targets because we'll all be yelling about lag, and cheaters while the zombies sneak up on us.

Offline Sabby

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 12:16:18 AM »
Uhm... you might wanna recheck your sources. Its only been censored. Still being released. EVen so, I won't be getting it. I'm ordering the uncensored version from over seas.

Offline Doomsday

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 02:22:44 AM »
Not too sad for them even if it was totally banned (I guess it's not as Sabby says). L4D1 was a terrible disappointment in my eyes. It just felt like a bunch of mini-games. Sure killing zombies is fun but I was expecting... I don't know. A long campaign mode? And an open-world game was what I was really hoping for.

Offline Archermonkey

• Sesquipedalian (adj). Pertaining to or given to the use of overly long words
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Illusion is the first of all pleasures~Oscar Wilde
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 02:44:36 AM »

Are you kidding?  In Australia we have three kinds of animals.  Things with big claws and teeth; things that are venomous; and sheep.  Trust me, you don't want to piss off the sheep.  The zombies won't stand a chance.

Plus, I'll be getting my survival t-shirts printed up soon, which should help.  "Fellow Zombie - DO NOT EAT" will be emblazoned across my chest and back in large letters..

Offline Doomsday

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 02:57:15 AM »
Are you kidding?  In Australia we have three kinds of animals.  Things with big claws and teeth; things that are venomous; and sheep.  Trust me, you don't want to piss off the sheep.  The zombies won't stand a chance.

Plus, I'll be getting my survival t-shirts printed up soon, which should help.  "Fellow Zombie - DO NOT EAT" will be emblazoned across my chest and back in large letters..

Hehe. This reminded me of a Cracked article I recently read.

In 2004, a man tried to stab Jumer Selimovski, who retaliated by shooting the man in the hand. Since then, Jumer hasn't felt safe, so he picked up his family and moved elsewhere. Even in the new house he didn't feel safe, believing he heard footsteps on his roof and swearing to cops that he was the victim of "disturbing events." We couldn't find any details, but this is Australia, where they wake up and have to kill five of the most deadly insects on Earth to go to the crapper, so we're guessing this was a bit more intense than your usual drunken shenanigans. So, with a family to protect, he did what any sane man would do.

Offline Archermonkey

• Sesquipedalian (adj). Pertaining to or given to the use of overly long words
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Illusion is the first of all pleasures~Oscar Wilde
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 03:08:59 AM »
Hehe. This reminded me of a Cracked article I recently read.

In 2004, a man tried to stab Jumer Selimovski, who retaliated by shooting the man in the hand. Since then, Jumer hasn't felt safe, so he picked up his family and moved elsewhere. Even in the new house he didn't feel safe, believing he heard footsteps on his roof and swearing to cops that he was the victim of "disturbing events." We couldn't find any details, but this is Australia, where they wake up and have to kill five of the most deadly insects on Earth to go to the crapper, so we're guessing this was a bit more intense than your usual drunken shenanigans. So, with a family to protect, he did what any sane man would do.

*Snickers*  I love Cracked.

Oh, re: Zombie Apocalypse, I should have mentioned, we run annual drills in my hometown.  We should be fine.

Offline Sabby

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 07:41:10 AM »
Put a dozen zombies in a street with a Casowary... just as effective as 4 people with shotguns.

No, serious, those things are mean. They would kick those zombies about like soccer balls.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »
Put a dozen zombies in a street with a Casowary... just as effective as 4 people with shotguns.

No, serious, those things are mean. They would kick those zombies about like soccer balls.
Yeah but then there's the possibility of zombie-Casowary.