I'm glad everyone's happy to see me.
I've got a few questions that the wiki and other sites didn't answer:
1) What is the setting for this story? It is the Carpathian Mountains, as the name of our (anti)heroes suggests?
2) Is the setting modern day?
3) The carpathians can turn into animals...how many? Is it just one type, or are there more?
4) What other powers to they possess?
5) How much does sunlight harm them?
6) Any other odd weaknesses or strengths?
1. Although her books can cover a variety of areas, I figure we can have ours set in the Carpathian mountains for now. Any foreign people (like my girl) can either have family there, are tourists, or are students.
3. I think it depends on the man. Most turn into birds of prey, wolves or such. Animals that are native to the mountains of their home.
4. Many. They can control the weather. Basically, they are of the "earth." So anything earth related they can control. And they can shapeshift into creatures with wings, so they can fly.
5. A lot. As much as the vampires of the old. However, they can be out in twilight and early morning as long as it's cloudy. Vampires cannot be out in the sun at all.
6. I'll add more to this when I get home...basically, their biggest strength is soil. It heals them, restores them, etc...they are an "earth" race.