A year of Elliquiy!

Started by Fragile Dreams, October 28, 2009, 08:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragile Dreams

Today is my Elliquiy birthday, since like today, a year ago I signed up on Elliquiy after doing a search on google about adult roleplay. I was coming from furry fandom community forum, pretty much like Elliquiy, but through time I discovered that, few forums can be matched with Elliquiy. The friendships, the partners, the staff, the mentors,the games and everything that happen during the last years made Elliquiy, my second home.

Firstly I would like to thank everybody on Elliquiy. People I've met, people I haven't met, people that I talked only for a brief time, and people that I just shared a short greeting. Most of all I would like to thank the staff, for approving my application one year ago, though reading it sometimes I wonder how was I approved. ^^

I remember when I clicked on Elliquiy Adult Roleplay Community from Google, first thing that intrigued me, was the name. Until this day, I really don't know what Elliquiy means, but I surely like spelling it, though I still have some issues with that too. When I logged and registered my nickname, Fragile Dreams, which I took from my favorite song from the band Anathema, first thing I did was to check the rules, because in the last forum I was in, though there were rules, the staff were kinda overlooking on them, to have their friends and other people inappropriate for an adult community to exist.

After reading the rules and stickies on the introductions, I made my own, thinking that it was something that would make me approved immediately. You see, I didn't know there was an approval process, so I presumed, that it was something automatic after you post an introduction. To my surprise the first questions popped up and they kept coming, something that I enjoyed dearly, making me forget that I was being in a test for being accepted. The days went by and by, reaching one week to be accept. Well, the Mentoring system wasn't up back then, I remember it came briefly after my acceptance and few of the first Mentors I remember, were Lilias, Mithlomwen and Marguerite (I'm sorry if I'm forgetting someone).

Well to be short, the year went by excitingly. Meeting new people, playing some games, though all of them died, well I suppose it was my fault for that to happen and I'm terribly sorry and I appologize to all my partners so far. Then the Mentoring came for me. Once again, I wanna thank the staff for believing in me to make me a Mentor. It maybe a volunteering job, but to be one, I think the staff must trust you to do it. I enjoy every minute of it. Helping new members and interacting in their introduction threads, in the threads one year ago, I was making the same to be part of this community.

So... In overall, I'd like to thank everyone again, Elliquiy means a lot to me, and I'm sure it means a lot to most of the people that in overall, form this beautiful and idealized community to be a haven and sanctuary of thoughts and imaginations for all of us.

To renew my anniversary I thought I should make a new introduction thread, so people can know me, and ask questions... or even the new members, take their revenge from me and ask their crazy questions on me. :D

So here goes:

1. Sex - Your real sex. Male, though sometimes I feel like a woman, trapped in a woman's body.

2. A confirmation that you are over eighteen (18) years of age. I'm over 18, actualy in few days I have my birthday. 12/11/1982 was my birth day, and like I wrote in my first introduction, the song November Rain was writen the exact day with my birth day. It was raining outside the hospital as well. Weird huh?

3. An acknowledgment that you have read the rules and understand them. Totally read them and totally understand them and respect them. They are the solid ground that keeps Elliquiy standing.

4. Your native language(s), your time zone and/or general availability. I live in Greece so my time zone must be GMT +2 (I always sucked at time zones. :S) I think I'm good at english, so I won't have any problem communicating. If you have any problem understanding what I'm saying, please say so, and I will edit.

5. Tell us how you found us, please? What you mean? I've always been here? >.>

6. Do you have a preference in sex of the person you are playing with? I don't mind really about the person who is typing. I just want to have a decent story going and a character that can keep you interested in the game. RP is RP and RL is RL. So whoever you are in the story, that's who you are in the RP.

7. Your sexual preferences I'm heterosexual. I don't feel uncomfortable being around sexualities other than my own. To be honest, I had many good times sitting around people with different sexualities so why would I have a problem with that?

8. Your sexual nature. I'm neither a dominant, neither a sub, and not a switch. I'm feral. Which means that I don't like dominating or being dominated. If someone tries to dominate me, I protest, if someone comes with submissive emotions, I try to tell them that I'm not a dominant.

9. Let us know about your pet peeves or other things that bother you. Anything that has to do with the bathroom, well except the shower maybe and the bathtub :P. I don't like kiddy play stuff either and If anything else comes up I will let you know.

10. Are you new to role playing? No, I'm not new in role playing. I started with Dungeons and Dragons 8 years ago and since then I tried games like Shadowrun, Legend of the 5 rings, Alternity, Vampire the Masquerade, Vampire Dark Ages and many custom games which I prefer to most of any other games that exist.

11. Elaborate on what you consider a roleplaying partner to be. A roleplaying partner is someone, you share some thoughts and imaginations, to build a story around you combined minds. Under discussion and swapping ideas you and the partner start creating a story, hoping that you both like it and why not, whoever else read it.

12. What are your reasons for joining Elliquiy? I wanted to find a decent and friendly adult community a year ago, so I found Elliquiy. Which kept me until now.

13. As part of the application process, would you prefer crazy questions, a writing prompt, both or neither? Hit me with both... and your best shots!!

14. Do you have any questions of us? No I don't have any questions for you, I hope you enjoyed reading this.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Beguile's Mistress

Hooray!  I'm first!  Congratulations on your anniversary!  And thank you for all the cookies!

Fragile Dreams

Hehe, thanks for the wish. You're welcome... I'm sure, more cookies are about to come. :D

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Butterflykiss

I love that you've redone the application, very nice~

Congratulations. May this year be just as great, if not better, than the first.

Mysterica

Congrats on making it a year. 

If you were trapped on a deserted island and could only bring one thing, (nothing that can be used as, or to secure a way off) what would you bring?

Fragile Dreams

Quote from: Blood Butterfly on October 28, 2009, 09:14:17 AM
I love that you've redone the application, very nice~

Congratulations. May this year be just as great, if not better, than the first.
Thanks Bloody Butterfly. I really appreciate your wishes and I hope the year to come will be great for everyone. :)

Quote from: Tear on October 28, 2009, 10:29:36 AM
Congrats on making it a year. 

If you were trapped on a deserted island and could only bring one thing, (nothing that can be used as, or to secure a way off) what would you bring?
Hiya Tear and thank you for your congrats. Well I've been thinking about this question and I'm not really sure what I would bring, but here's a crazy scenario. I'm trapped in a deserted island but somehow from the wreck, an untouched laptop with satelite internet is saved. It would be my only communication with the outside world, as well with my family too, so they will pay the internet bill to keep in touch with me. Now you'd say, "If you're having satelite internet, it's very easy to locate where you are." Well, I'd say, "Maybe I don't want to be saved." ;)

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Mysterica

Hehe...  There's that, but how do you intend to keep the battery on the laptop going?  Hehe...  Now try and weasel your way out of that!  lol

Fragile Dreams

Hmmmm... Since the laptop will have satelite internet, probably it will be a high tech one. So it will work with solar power, if the battery runs off. ;)
I can live without anything else, but without internet I think I'd go crazy. ^_^

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]