You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 08:18:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Gamer Question: WoD!  (Read 403 times)

Offline ElayneTopic starter

Gamer Question: WoD!
« on: October 25, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »
Alright, I'll confess I'm not up on gaming news, so I'm asking my Elliquiy peeps.

A friend of mine told me that there was a World of Darkness mmorpg coming out from the company that made the Conan mmo.

Confirm?  Deny?  Does it look awesome?  (I'd consider playing a WoD mmo!)

Offline Raveled

Re: Gamer Question: WoD!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 05:27:49 PM »
Turbine is the developer you're thinking of.  There's been no word of a collaboration between them and White Wolf (publishers of World of Darkness).  However, Turbine is developing a dark urban fantasy MMO called the Secret World.  From what I can glean from the website, it involves mortals, possibly empowered by magic or supers science, or else wielding ancient relics, fighting supernatural baddies and trying to keep the populace at large out of the loop.  Needless to say, this feels a lot like WW's Hunter.  If there is some tacit deal in place or whether we'll see Underworld-style whining from WW remains to be seen.

Of course, rumor is that Funcom is having budget and funding problems, so this game may be dead in the water.

Offline Mr Self Destruct

• If I had known things would turn out this way, I might have stayed up a little later, talked a little longer, and hugged you a little tighter. How foolish of me to think that we would last...to think that I wouldn't have regrets.
  • Knight
  • Seducer
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 06:52:56 PM »
http://www.ccpgames.com/company/merger.asp

This is an article that announced the merging of CCP, the creators behind Eve Online, and White Wolf Publishing.  Their stated goal was to bring the World of Darkness into an online format, though whether that means in an MMORPG format is uncertain, though it seems likely that with Eve being such a hit, its very likely.

There is news that the MMO is on hiatus at the moment.  I'm basically against it, as White Wolf scrapped their Roleplaying Chats because of this, a place where I had spent years as a volunteer in their online gaming.  We'll have to see what happens, though.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 08:11:44 PM »
http://www.ccpgames.com/company/merger.asp

This is an article that announced the merging of CCP, the creators behind Eve Online, and White Wolf Publishing.  Their stated goal was to bring the World of Darkness into an online format, though whether that means in an MMORPG format is uncertain, though it seems likely that with Eve being such a hit, its very likely.

There is news that the MMO is on hiatus at the moment.  I'm basically against it, as White Wolf scrapped their Roleplaying Chats because of this, a place where I had spent years as a volunteer in their online gaming.  We'll have to see what happens, though.

I liked EVE Online when I played it.. it was kick ass fun (till I got nailed by a gate camper)

I miss the old World of Darkness a lot too.