You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 08:52:19 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Chasing Amy Discussion  (Read 352 times)

Offline HenreichTopic starter

Chasing Amy Discussion
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:49:52 PM »
I'd first like to state, this topic does have to do with sex, but not describing it, nothing explicit. If there's a problem though please let me know.

Anyways,
In Kevin Smith's "Chasing Amy", the main character, Holden McNeil, falls in love with a lesbian, Alyssa Jones. Alyssa ends up falling for Holden and they end up dating, but here is when the the plot gains a lot of its conflict. Holden starts to have "hold ups" about Alyssa's former boy friends/sexual encounters. (Fingercuffs... hehehehehehe)

I saw this movie again recently, and have found it funny and entertaining in the past. I still do, but now it seems harder to relate to, it's something I haven't thought about much before though. My question: Why care about what your significant other has done in the past, I can see maybe for a disease for example, but sexual exploits?

My question for you guys and gals is, would you care? I personally wouldn't or don't think you should, but is there reason I'm maybe not thinking of on why I should? Or have a "hold up" about? Anyone back up my opinion? I want to see what other people's perceptions/experiences with this are.

At first I found this ridiculous, but then realized I haven't had to much experience in the whole significant other department.  :P  That's why I want to hear other people's opinions.

Offline Kyung Soon

Re: Chasing Amy Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 02:36:58 PM »
Welp.

Personally, I don't care about the exploits either.
x.x Because oh man, would that mean the pot calling the kettle black.
(Or however that expression is used.)

But. I have been Alyssa Jones' end, so to speak. Past significant others have had loads of issues with me and my experiences. I'm a big believer in "don't kiss and tell" myself, but for whatever reason, others ask questions and inquire about things they really, really don't want to know. >_<; It goes back to an individual's insecurities, I think. The more comfortable someone is with themselves, and with their partners, the less likely they are to care about what said partner has done. O-o Make sense?

Offline HenreichTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 04:52:30 PM »
I have to say that makes perfect sense

Offline Zinder

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »
I care a little. I mean: OK, it doesn't really matter what my lover did in the past but still - some experiences counts. Maybe that’s why so many great things start with “have you ever tried …?”
Emotionally speaking – what’s done is done and I am not the kind of person who will ask for things that happened before. We are too different today – what happened before happened to someone else in a way… I hope I make sense.