News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[Blog Series]Miss Marguerite & The City - Day 48

Started by Marguerite, October 03, 2009, 11:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

Oct. 3rd [48] - You Are Mr. Romance? No. Fucking. Way.

I am shocked. Today, I received a message through a friend about my 'cousin' D who is featured on a few romance novels and was dubbed Mr. Romance. Now, I have no clue what Mr. Romance is (I have searched online and youtube, finding a few interesting articles on him) but I do know that my 'cousin' has been modeling for a year or two now. Now when I mean 'cousin' is I have known D for a few good years. He came into the lives of the familia by dating one of my female cousins. Truthfully, I was hesitant with him because while the familia is accepting of all cultures and backgrounds, we are wary whenever someone outside the Mexican/Irish background comes into the 'nest'. We protect one another. We have one another's back even if it means tying one's hand behind their back to protect them. With D, we wanted to make sure he was not going to break out cousin's heart even though now their relationship is one I call an on/off switch.

Now, D is a guero or an American boy who is looks as if he can be a cowboy riding a horse or All-American football league. I had a feeling the familia would have a great time grilling him on items. Where do you come from? What about family? Close to your parents? Any siblings? Arrest records? How long was your last relationship? Where you taking out daughter/cousin/niece? Are you going to treat her right? Man, our familia can be brutal especially if the whole clan (fifteen plus) comes out to see who is the new guy and whether he will past the test. At the time, he passed the test and became part of the family.

Six years later, while my cousin and D no longer are together, the two are still friends and he is still considered part of the famila. He comes over for certain BBQ's, events and I believe Thanksgiving if he is not doing a few photo shoots in November. My own niece calls him Uncle D and he has mentioned her in his interviews. Now in the last few years, he started to get into body building and flexing his muscles in a few competitions. Later on, he delved into modeling and until now I did not know of how big he was getting until I get a message from a friend. My friend, R, lives in Los Angeles and we met three years back during a Migrant Ed Conference. She and I email one another and talk when we have the time. We both are into romance novels because why not enjoy a good day with a romance with a glass of wine?

I receive a text from her in the morning informing me my cousin D is featured on an e-book novel and there are youtube videos of him online being interviewed on his Mr. Romance title. Now I heard he received a few photo shoots for books but I did not know it was that big he was featured in a few romance magazines. Immediately, I take to the web to find as much as I can while at the same time texting and letting my cousin know how proud I am but also miffed he did not let me know about the books he was featured on. Here are a few sites you can read about the lovely D and yes, I asked him about featuring him on my blog series. The man is touched, though I think he has been touched in several places by his female models that I posted him here on Elliquiy.

He is a model, gorgeous one at that and such a sweet guy. I dub him as Vanilla D because how easily he gets flustered when I corner him and ask him about his sex life. What? I am always curious to hear him explain his way out of how inappropriate it is for me to know about these things and yet he knows I am a human sexuality major. Next time I see him which will probably be in two weeks because he is invited to my nephew's Halloween Birthday party, I plan to get down the list of books he will be put on the covers. I plan to post the pictures all over my niece's walls to let her know her Uncle D mentioned her to big, important people in the Romance novel world. Enjoy the lovely articles and his youtube interview about his feelings on winning Mr. Romance. Take a look at the flickr photos of him dressing up like a pirate for a cover shoot.

Mr. Romance 2009 Charles Paz
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rtbookreviews/sets/72157619846383767/detail/
http://www.loveromancepassion.com/mr-romance-charles-paz-reflections-on-rt-2009/
http://www.rtbookreviews.com/podcasts/2009-06-17-charles-paz.mp3

Miss Marguerite & The City

P.S. I love comments.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Andy

-Makes notes that Marg likes Romance Novels-

Wow, you (almost) have a "celebrity" in your family  :o

Okay maybe not in the familia.. but still..

Nice Blog post Marg ^^
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

Ashleebabe

OMG

I still cannot believe that he was made Mr. Romance. Oh please let me be on the phone or there when you grill him. At least there will be someone I understand there. LOL

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.