You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 10:25:28 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Block individual avatars (As opposed to seeing them all or seeing none)  (Read 592 times)

Online DoomsdayTopic starter

I know Elliquiy is all about comfort, and sometimes I feel like my comfort is being infringed by some avatars. I don't want to name names, because I'm not trying to call anyone out, I was just curious if the Gods and Goddesses could perhaps integrate some sort of profile option to omit certain poster's avatars from showing up?

As I understand now, you can go to your profile and choose "Block avatars" or something like that, or I know I can simply right click on an avatar and say "block all images from elliquiy.com", but I don't want to block all avatars. Just... One or two :o

Offline Vekseid

Re: Block individual avatars (As opposed to seeing them all or seeing none)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »
If an avatar really bothers you, let us know. Otherwise, you can always just turn off avatars.

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:00:19 PM »
Well, I know that I can block all avatars, but as I've stated, that's not my intent. Some of the avatars are very nice to look at. some are funny; Some are cute or sexy. Some are neutral. And then there are the overwhelming minority...

I know that people have different comfort levels, and I don't want to complain and have another user's avatar taken down just because me, one single person, doesn't want to see it, when a lot of people have stated they love this person's avatar. I don't want to be the bad guy. This person's avatar, while risque, is not outside of the unofficial (or official, not sure) avatar policies.

But then, when I see it, I sort of get this bad feeling in my gut. It makes my skin crawl a bit.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 01:24:08 PM »
If you're using Firefox, I seem to recall that the AdBlock add-on allows you to block an individual image.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 01:28:41 PM »
O RLY

Let me look it up.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »
Awesome, Adblock works as Oniya said. Crisis averted!