And in my opinion, for all the talk, there's no guts in them for really doing this.
Never assume that there isn't a fool willing to do what he or she thinks is right. That has been a major fallacy through out history.
Oh I believe the hard right definitely has potential firebrands that could motivate some people to act in this manner…how many is the key.
The momentum to pull it off, or attempt to, is again going to be dependent on how many standing military units they could call to their banner.
Even if it was 75% of our armed forces that fell in line with the stupidity, that remaining 25% with civilian support and most of our active units overseas could give them a hell of a guerilla campaign, if not direct engagement.
Other major points to ponder here-
Moving enough military force into DC to take it is one thing, and maybe to impose initial order in major urban centers, martial law, et al., once it goes down.
But if Iraq can teach our military anything, it’s that taking a thing is one thing…HOLDING it is another entirely. Care to take on a large slice of the population that’s sniping you, setting roadside bombs, etc., and going for civic installations and giving you the Oklahoma City bombing x50?
Do you pull 200,000 personnel home from Europe, Japan, Iraq and Afghanistan all of the sudden? Do you think you can do that without repercussions?
Do you think you can do it all without a siren call to maximum arms and efforts from a hundred overseas terrorists or aggressors that want to see the powers-that-be here crumble?
Detaining or killing Obama is almost certain to trigger a race war against white and conservative America. If it goes down, I’ll be standing in line against them too, because the far right is not white like me. We may share a complexion, but that’s it.