WARNING: This is an advanced roleplay. What I mean by the term "advanced" is not of post length, quality, or frequency. I mean that I am looking for a very specific kind of roleplayer. I have tried group roleplays in the past, and none of them have worked out because there was not the right kind of people involved.
I am not looking for players, nor am I looking for Player Characters. I am not a Storyteller, Game Master, or Dungeon Master. I am a creator, and I am looking for co-creators. I want the following qualities in people looking to join this game:
1) Readers: Nothing bugs me more than pouring my heart and soul into a story, only to have people ignore or skim through my hard work. If you think that reading is a chore, look elsewhere. I won't be making super large posts, but I am setting up the world itself, and would like people to know what kind of situation they are getting into. Please don't ignore or skip over anything anyone else posts.
2) Innovators: I've worked with many group roleplays in the past, and all of them have fallen apart for this reason. I just create the world, people! I don't want to run things with an iron clad fist. Make suggestions, create plots and subplots, work together! Don't be shy, state your opinion and be willing to work together as a team of creators, a team of writers.
Okay, now that we've got that out of the way, on to the roleplay itself!
I am looking to do a World of Darkness version of Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series. While some themes will be recurring from the books, I will not just copypaste the plot. Instead, I'm looking at exploring the ideas of alternate universes, and an epic story crossing through them all to decide the fate of everything.
Zeon Twilight and I came up with this idea, and such, he gets to play the Roland-esque gunslinger character who gets the whole thing started.
This story will be crossing over between new and old world, looking at the two versions as different dimensions. It will also jump around locationally and time wise, as there are SO many ideas linking together. You are encouraged to create multiple characters. You are very encouraged to create sub-plots and to contribute your ideas to the main plot. We'll also be jumping around different versions of each old and new world, looking at everything from post-apocalypse to the beginning of man.
While a main plot is still in the works, I thought I'd put this up to see if I could get anyone's interest. I have the giant warning up to say that I am getting to be very picky about who I want involved in group roleplays, since all of my epic ideas keep falling apart when I have them open to the public. 2, 3 slots are open at most.
If you do not have any idea of either the old or new world, than I will be more than happy to teach anything you'd like to know. As for system, we can create character sheets, but I hope the stats onto themselves won't be that important, and will only really be used when we can't agree on what way to go plot wise.
Oh, and a few last notes:
1) Power level of characters: I'd like characters to be starting a little above beginner, but not ridiculously powerful right off the bat. This will be an epic, but there's no point if it devolves into DBZ syndrome, with me making more powerful enemies to match your uber powerful characters.
2) Posting frequency: For me, will be all over the place. I work, and I am a full time college student. Along with all this, I finally have a social life after not having one for all of high school, so I will be very distracted. I will try to get in a post at least once a week, usually during the weekends after work, but no guarantees. I'll at least try to keep you guys updated when a post comes in.
3) Starting Character types: While I want to be open, I think the following types are reserved for villains, since they'd be hard to put on the "good guys" side: Nephandi, fomori, hunters (old and new) and anything relating to Pentex. The Technocracy and Marauders are maybes, but it'd be extremely hard. As for the hengeyokai and kue-jinn, I don't think they'd work power wise, since they seem to be a lot more powerful and I haven't finished reading the books.
Remember the face of your father. There are other worlds than these.