You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 21, 2016, 10:39:43 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: An Earful of Cider [MUL] (seeking M or F characters) (Updated 4 May 2011)  (Read 809 times)

Offline Achmed the MadTopic starter

I'd quite like to play the (female) victim of this one, though I could also play her opponent. Most of the details are open to negotiation; for example, I've written her opponent as a man, but it could just as easily be a jealous rival.

"One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to come up to you and show you a nice
brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken, and this guy is going to offer
to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your
ear. But, son, do not bet this man, for as sure as you are standing there, you are going to
end up with an earful of cider."
-- Damon Runyon

It was the night of the big costume party, and Melissa was determined to make an impression. She'd chosen a particularly sexy costume, and everyone had looked at her as she'd walked in with a sexy swing to her hips; the men had kept looking, with varying degrees of subtlety, while many of the women had simply looked daggers.

Melissa had heard of Damon Runyon's warning about not taking certain bets unless you wanted an earful of cider. But when one man loudly and drunkenly bet a thousand dollars that Melissa would take off her costume in front of everyone within the next half hour, she laughed.

"You're drunk!"

"Maybe. But the bet still stands."

Melissa thought for a moment, trying to see the catch.

"You planning on trying to strip me?"

"No, I don't need to. Nobody will touch you unless you ask them. I said you'd remove your costume, and my uncanny mind powers will accomplish the feat. The only rule is that you forfeit the bet if you leave the room in the next half hour."

"Uncanny mind powers? You really are drunk! OK, you're on. I could always use an extra thousand."

Melissa laughed. She'd never make an easier thousand!

"And what sort of forfeit if you lose?" asked the man slyly.

"What, getting me out of my clothes isn't the forfeit?"

"No. You'll be doing that by your own choice."

The man looked smug.

"Not afraid you're going to lose, are you?"

So taunted, Melissa made up her mind.

"You're on."

Clearly, the man has something up his sleeve to guarantee he'll win (no 'uncanny mind powers', though!). It's possible the trick is already underway, and Melissa's costume is pre-sabotaged (perhaps he owns the store it was bought from) - or something she ate or drank was.

And what will Melissa's forfeit, her 'earful of cider', be? :)

Please check my Ons and Offs.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:00:21 PM by Achmed the Mad »

Re: An Earful of Cider [Light or BON] (seeking M or F)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 07:40:37 PM »
Looking to run this with someone else, since the current game has ground to a halt.

Instead of a costume party, it could be a club, or some other setting.

Re: An Earful of Cider [Light or BON] (seeking M or F characters)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 06:23:08 PM »
Re-jigged the set-up in the hope of attracting more interest.

Slightly re-worked, with a picture added.