too much email

Started by shadowspale, September 22, 2009, 04:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspale

Is there away to stop emails from just certain boards? I am getting anywhere from a 1,000 to 2,000 emails daily from the forum game/socializing board. I can't find anything important in my inbox for all the replies coming in from there.

Bliss

It sounds like you clicked notify on the whole board; go to it, and click Notify again (it's in the row with Mark Unread, Start New Topic, etc). It'll pop up a dialog asking you if you want to disable notification. Click okay, and it should stop emailing you. :)
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

shadowspale

Thank you! I have been going crazy.

Kip

I get a fair few emails from E and my computer dings every time I get one... but one to two thousand a day....

I'd go insane.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

shadowspale

It was horrible! It would freeze my computer for what felt like forever while they deleted. I have had family and friends calling to ask why I never answered their emails. Five quick moving word games and then all those from the doormat....

shadowspale

I feel so stupid about now. I did what was said and was still getting swamped. I knew there had to be a way to turn things off so got to looking at the settings in my profile. Silly me at some point had checked the box to receive notifications from each board I posted on. I didn't remember doing it but it seems to have solved my problem.