You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 06:40:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Halo in 5 Minutes  (Read 540 times)

Offline SabbyTopic starter

Halo in 5 Minutes
« on: September 19, 2009, 07:16:39 PM »
Halo in 5 Minutes (sort of)

If you were planning on getting a pre-owned copy of Halo 3, or picking up ODST, and have never touched the series before, I highly recommend you click :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 11:32:22 AM by Sabby »

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Halo in 5 Minutes
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 10:59:52 AM »
Meh, I've always though Halo just a first-person shooter, a very good science-fiction first-person shooter, but I never gave it an A for it's story, or progression of that story. ODST is supposed to change up that formula though from what I read in Game Informer.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 11:06:54 AM »
Halo's story isn't so great anymore... the universe of it is good quality sci-fi, but the plot and direction of Halo 2 and 3 isn't as good as it could have been.

If you want to play Halo for its storyline, I highly recommend Halo: Combat Evolved :) comparing Halo 1 to the rest of the series is like comparing Alien to Star Trek.

Offline Cythieus

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 01:34:26 AM »
Sci Fi just must not be my genre because when I tried to read the Halo novels that were so highly praised I just found myself bored. I am kind of meh about Halo.

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 01:36:59 AM »
Sci Fi just must not be my genre because when I tried to read the Halo novels that were so highly praised I just found myself bored. I am kind of meh about Halo.

Drowning it in science made it a crawl in areas. I couldn't even finish the third book.

Offline Limoncello

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 02:11:25 AM »
Halo 1 is a game which completely blow me away. I love Halo 3 because I always have so much fun oline with my friends. So naturally I think Halo is one of those it is what you make of it kinda game.

Offline Cythieus

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 07:25:53 AM »
Halo 1 is a game which completely blow me away. I love Halo 3 because I always have so much fun oline with my friends. So naturally I think Halo is one of those it is what you make of it kinda game.

Never been the online gaming type and I just couldn't get into Halo back then, going back and playing it now I might be able to appreciate it.

Drowning it in science made it a crawl in areas. I couldn't even finish the third book.

Yeah there was that and then there was the fluff, the slow down, the dragging explanation. I mean I tried to be non-biased because I'm not really the biggest XBOX fan. But I honestly couldn't get behind it. Which isn't saying much, I love Metal Gear but the novelization of it is terrible in comparison.