I'm in Monos Archein myself. My country is about a year and a half old.
1) Trades. Make sure yours are fine-tuned so that you get all those bonus resources (well, you can't get them ALL, but I have Steel, Automobiles, Beer, Construction, Microchips, Radiation Cleanup, Asphalt and Scholars).
2) Infrastructure. Many newbies make the mistake of going for Technology. You should get up to around 50 tech or so, then don't even worry about tech until you're at 2,000 infrastructure. Infrastructure is the key, because that's your tax base. You'll notice your upkeep costs rise and it may seem like you're not even breaking even, but you are. Growing your infrastructure is key to success in the game.
3) Improvements. Go for the moneymakers--banks, stadiums, schools, etc. As soon as you get an open slot, buy an improvement.
4) Land. It's good to buy land from time to time, but you shouldn't need to buy land too often.
5) Wonders: don't even think about Wonders until you've bought all the money-making Improvements.
6) Military: focus on the basics: troops, fighter aircraft, and tanks. If you get into an alliance you won't have to worry about rogue attacks.
7) War Chest: It's best to hold about ten days' tax revenues in reserve in case you're attacked and thrown into Anarchy.
PM me with your nation name and I'll send you some moolah.