You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 02:42:45 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Xbox Live...help?  (Read 949 times)

Offline RisaTopic starter

Xbox Live...help?
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:48:12 AM »
Okay, so to all of you who use Xbox Live (Hopefully a few of you), I have a bit of a dilemma. Now, I haven't signed into my Xbox Live account for quite a while (about a month), and whenever I go to play Guitar Hero 3, it always says "The current Gamer Profile is not enabled for Xbox LIVE multiplayer game play." I mean, I have a Silver membership, do you need Gold to play online? If so, I'm going to have to use another gamertag.

Thanks for helping out,
Risa

Offline Kyrsa

Re: Xbox Live...help?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 10:54:18 AM »
You do need to have a Gold Membership to play online, though you can still download content and have a gamerscore with a silver account. At least that's my understanding of how it works, if I'm wrong someone please correct me!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:29:28 PM by Kyrsa »

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:03:02 AM »
Gah, alright then. Thanks for your help. ^^

Offline Kyrsa

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 02:29:48 PM »
You're quite welcome.

Offline DrFier

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 09:53:33 PM »
From what I've been told, you cannot download anything with a silver, but I don't know because I have a gold account.

Offline Lone

• A sad man once said, "I laughed." A mad man once said, "I can't stop." I, can not stop.
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • The mad man lives, the sad man dies....
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 01:21:19 AM »
No, you can download stuff with a silver account.

Online Doomsday

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 02:01:53 AM »
Is it ok if I semi-Hijack? My issue involves XBOX Live as well, though I'm beyond the point of asking for help, just sort of moping and curious if anyone else has encountered this problem.

Let's start in the Summer, say May, or June. I bought a 13 month card of XBOX live, and activated it, so my live subscription will logically run out sometime next summer. I move my gamertag around on different XBOXes a lot, usually via my harddrive or a memory card, though I've found just recovering my GT is pretty nice as well. For those who don't know, gamertag recovery is used to 1.) Get your tag back if you accidentally baleete it, or 2.) Download your tag onto an XBOX (could be your own, or somebody elses). Well it turns out there's issues with manually transferring your gamertag via a harddrive or memory card... It usually corrupts the data. Leaves the actual game data alone from my experience, but ruins the gamertag. No problem if you can recover your gamertag, which I do all the time.

But I tried to recover my GT again about a month ago, in mid August, and I got this error prompt. "Signup for XBOX Live is unavailable at this time, please try again later." I was kind of mad, though it didn't really matter; I could just try again later, right? Well I tried again about 2 weeks ago, and got the same error. On a different XBOX, with a different internet connection, with a different game... etc. I called Microsoft and they basically told me that they don't know jack about shit, so I might be boned out of a 13 month subscription.

Anyone else experience this?

Offline Lone

• A sad man once said, "I laughed." A mad man once said, "I can't stop." I, can not stop.
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 02:32:37 AM »
Yeah, I have heard of it happening. I believe my brother had the same problem.

Offline Raven41174

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 10:43:10 AM »
See, should have bought a PS3 :P   Free gaming online, built in wi-fi and does not have a 53% failure rate(red ring of death).  But, I can't fault you, because I have both :D

Offline Ryven

• Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 12:26:17 PM »
I can't play Netflix on a PS3 though :<

Offline Lone

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »
Haha, yep.

PS3 made so little money last year they did a 100 some dollar price-drop, whereas the 360 is still at corprate standards for a system of it's age.

360 = Win.

Offline Raven41174

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 12:11:51 PM »
laughs, try to play a blueray move on a 360, PS3=win

Online Doomsday

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »
Oh my god, Blue-ray... such a huge difference.

Offline Lady Annabelle

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »
I really don't think the idea of this thread was to turn it into a bickering war between PS3 and 360 fanboys.  Both systems have their faults and their positive notions.  What's the point in arguing when you can own both?  No console is better than the other.

Let us not turn this thread into every single video game website on the internet.

* Lady Annabelle loathes console wars arguments.

Offline Raven41174

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 01:33:26 PM »
true, because I have to admit, I own both and both have their perks and weaknesses.  The only system I don't have so far is Wi

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 01:43:39 PM »
*wishes that someone would make a console that played ALL the games.  Including the crappy old 8-bit ones that I adore.*

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 12:27:16 AM »
Alright, I've solved the problem, so I'm going to lock the topic. Thanks for your input, everyone.