I'm ready for my closeup Mr. Spielberg

Started by Arander, April 05, 2006, 10:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arander

Well I've been away from the site for some time now, mainly just lurking around here and there. I'm ready to start playing again and I've got a couple ideas of what I'd like to do.

D20 games

I would love to play a game based in the Iron Kingdoms setting. I think its a great mixture of Fantasy/Steampunk and has been of interest to me lately.

Any DnD 3.5 game, Fantasy setting preferred with Forgotten Realms setting even more highly preferred. I've read/own quite a few books and source material of this setting and would love to put some of it to use.

Maybe Exalted? I've read a little about it, but to be honest I have no idea how the games run, how characters are created/supposed to act etc.... 

While I have nothing against Freeform games, its not exactly what I'm looking for. Allthough a one-shot or two would be nice to fill the void. Take a look at my Ons/Offs and if you have a setting/scene you'd like to play out, well just let me know.

Really glad to be back again, and I look forward to some good times with everyone.
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

On's & Off's

monkeygirl

Hi there.  Just read your post and, while I'm currently shying away from actually running a game, I'd be interested in beign a player in a game that features fantasy and steampunk.  I am familiar with DnD 3.5 and the forgotten Realms setting as well (although I do need a little guidence from time to time, not on the easy stuff, but hey - some of it's a little complicated!  All those grappling rules, for instance! (and besides, why would I want to break a grapple - seems sort of counter-intuative to me.  ;D) 

I don't know anything about exalted and looking at your ons and offs, I doubt we'd be ideally suited for one on one, but I'd love to get involved in something a little bigger? :)
bisexual and submissive

espeically likes BDSM, beastiality, pain play, humilitaion, exhibitionism, good writing!  oh!  And becoming quickly obssessed with the idea of tentacles - shame on you people ;D

Arander

I also don't have a lot of experience with running a game, but if someone wants to take the reigns for an Iron Kingdoms game, I could help GM it. I have access to the players book and a couple of adventures to get characters up to level 7 or so.
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

On's & Off's

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: monkeygirl on April 05, 2006, 07:11:22 PM
Hi there.  Just read your post and, while I'm currently shying away from actually running a game, I'd be interested in beign a player in a game that features fantasy and steampunk.  I am familiar with DnD 3.5 and the forgotten Realms setting as well (although I do need a little guidence from time to time, not on the easy stuff, but hey - some of it's a little complicated!  All those grappling rules, for instance! (and besides, why would I want to break a grapple - seems sort of counter-intuative to me.  ;D) 

I don't know anything about exalted and looking at your ons and offs, I doubt we'd be ideally suited for one on one, but I'd love to get involved in something a little bigger? :)

Come over to D&D: Shadows & Shades I've been consistantly playing in that from the beginning and have a new player, can use more. Its set around Waterdeep and is 3.5 with other rules allowed. The GM is nice and helpful.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Arander

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on April 05, 2006, 07:46:56 PM
Come over to D&D: Shadows & Shades I've been consistantly playing in that from the beginning and have a new player, can use more. Its set around Waterdeep and is 3.5 with other rules allowed. The GM is nice and helpful.

Ahh cool. I'll have to take a look at that. Can't go wrong with good 'ole Waterdeep.

On's & Off's