You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 11:56:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons Request :)  (Read 4609 times)

Offline KateTopic starter

Re: Dungeons and Dragons Request :)
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 12:02:19 PM »
i have a few ideas but i am new to this forum and want to join one as a player before hosting myself - if any are keen on gming a dungeosn and dragons one please put your hand up :)

Im so fired ! :) - and btw pale happy to help you out - happy to make a character as something you can change however u feel fit

Offline shadowspale

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 12:45:15 PM »
Downloaded that character creator. Will get to it asap

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 12:47:34 PM »
dont shadow ! abort - we are not running with 4 - we had someone who knows the rules saying that version 4 is for hard core stragetists ! :) - the earlier versions are "lighter" for us mainly free-formers :)

Offline shadowspale

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 12:52:56 PM »
Good thing I hadn't opened it yet, uh? To bad, I was wanting to poke it an see what it could do

Offline WyzardWhately

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »
Well, go ahead.  It's fun to play with.  If you end up liking it, it might be something to discuss.

Offline shadowspale

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »
Yay! I gets to poke it! :P

Offline WyzardWhately

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 01:05:03 PM »
It's really cool to me how you waited for permission.   ;D

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 01:09:14 PM »

><     <- domme side of me getting shitty for someone not choosing to assume the mantle of the storyteller yet ! :)

Offline shadowspale

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 01:11:14 PM »
haha I am tired but wanting to keep this thread and my own at top so peoples can find them. I hadn't even realized I did so.

Offline shadowspale

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »
I would but its been so long since I played

Offline WyzardWhately

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 01:13:49 PM »
><     <- domme side of me getting shitty for someone not choosing to assume the mantle of the storyteller yet ! :)

I honestly just don't have the time to properly GM a game.  I'm too detail-oriented to half-ass it, and law school precludes me from devoting that kind of time to the task.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 11:59:24 PM »
And i've got so many games going, with my comitment o starting an Earthdawn to boot, the last thing i have time for right now is another D&D.  (Which, by the way, I'm prettty bloody burned out on.  I keep winding up running it beause i have good people with good story ideas, but i cringe every time.) 

Offline WyzardWhately

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 12:09:04 AM »
And i've got so many games going, with my comitment o starting an Earthdawn to boot, the last thing i have time for right now is another D&D.  (Which, by the way, I'm prettty bloody burned out on.  I keep winding up running it beause i have good people with good story ideas, but i cringe every time.)

I think my problem is that 3.x and earlier D&D models, more perfectly than almost any other RPG I've ever seen, my concept of what playing an extremely powerful wizard should be like.  And high-end spellcasters are pretty much my favorite thing to play.  What I have never untangled in my head is the direction causation runs - do I like D&D because it fits my natural inclinations, or do I have these inclinations because of my formative experiences playing D&D?  It's a conundrum.

In any case, despite how I feel about trying to teach it to new players over the internet, Earthdawn is a damned fine game and I hope you have great luck running it.  I think it deserved to be more popular than it ever was.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2009, 02:42:45 AM »
Well spoken, Wiz. 

Kudos to Greenwood for showing us an Elminster who cast spells our charecters could cast and progressed through levels our charecters could progress through while still spinning a damn fine yarn. 

Online Doomsday

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2009, 02:51:45 AM »
Do we have a GM? I wouldn't be adverse to a D&D3.5e game.

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2009, 02:53:17 AM »
not yet :)

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2009, 03:04:04 AM »
Alas, no, i'd enjoy a chance to play with you fine folks. 

Let me see who I can find... 

Offline WyzardWhately

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2009, 03:11:13 AM »
We'll just have to hope that the already long and somewhat wandering thread, plus Kate's domme tendencies showing from the player side of the screen ( ;) ) won't scare off any potential DungeonMonkeys.

Offline Cythieus

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2009, 05:57:39 AM »
Has this started already? I can't GM as I have to GM my Flagship game and there's 16 characters in it, but I would love to have a game like this to play in. I'm great with a few classes. You're using 3.5 or Pathfinder?

Offline shadowspale

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2009, 06:14:11 AM »
I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think everyone has pretty much moved to this thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=47568.0.

The game hasn't truly started yet so I am sure there is time for you to join.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 07:05:23 AM »
Signing up as yet another useless player who can't GM, always fond of group RP, and prefer systems.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:39:31 AM by kckolbe »

Offline wildstar

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »
I am curious too. I use to play D&D when I was growing up but I never GM'd or DM'd a game before. I loved playing freeform and exploring. if you lads and ladies get a game going I'm game. I'd even join those already going. I hope that is if you'd like a fighter along. 

Offline MasterMischief

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »
I posted this while I was waiting to be approved.  I am not online much during the week, so I would likely only be able to post on the weekends.  I could also run those games in a Yahoo chat room if there was interest in that sort of thing.

Happy hunting!

Offline OldSchoolGamer

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2009, 12:54:17 AM »
You know, one possibility I'll throw out into this thread is OSRIC:

http://knights-n-knaves.com/osric/downloads/OSRIC.pdf

The advantages of OSRIC are that:

1) It's a free download, so anyone can acquire the source materials
2) The ruleset is basically Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (Second Edition) with the serial numbers filed off.  A few carefully selected concepts from Third are added, but really, if you know AD&D 2.0, you already know about 90% of OSRIC.
3) There's enough structure to run the game, but enough ambiguity to allow for house rules and other mods.  And if you have any supplements to Second Edition lurking around, they can be used with only slight modification.
4) I might, possibly, be talked into running an OSRIC game...

Offline Cythieus

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2009, 02:56:10 AM »
AD&D seems kind of hard to learn compared to 3.5