Fall of Absalom (Pathfinder RPG, Up to NC:E)

Started by Myrleena, August 31, 2009, 06:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umbral Sanguinus

Just to clarify, are you using Pathfinder's point buy or the old 3.5 point buy? They're slightly different.
Ideas Roleplays Ons and Offs Apologies and Absences
"As political and economic freedom diminishes, sexual freedom tends compensatingly to increase." -Aldous Huxley

Myrleena

Everything is using the Pathfinder system.  Welcome aboard.  ^_^

So everyone knows, I probably won't be creating the threads until Thursday or Friday, as I'm still in process of building templates for the various factions.

Phaia

i am working up a bard for Calistria..a Profession Courtesan... even taking profession skill:courtesan

She works in high society normally, stays queit. learns sercets..enjoys the lust and passion ..learns secrets...eye candy..dancer..musican

of course a 4th level bard can be nasty

Phaia

ShamshielDF

Wait...so a Lawful Good cleric of the goddess of Love, Beauty and Music is intending on starting a civil insurrection?

Am I the only one imagining Woodstock: Golarion?
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Jeramiahh

Just to throw my hat in the ring; I'll be running with a rogue, with Rogue talents and a trait to give him spellcasting, who's hoping to set up a Xanatos Gambit or two in his favor.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

RubySlippers

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 01, 2009, 10:41:56 PM
Wait...so a Lawful Good cleric of the goddess of Love, Beauty and Music is intending on starting a civil insurrection?

Am I the only one imagining Woodstock: Golarion?

Non-violent resistence is resistence to. Ghandi broke the British hold on India with it. And what better reason for her people to invade the critical harm to commoners following one of their people encouraging Common Rule would be one good way to anger the citizens of the Republic into action.

Myrleena

Okay, two things first.

1) Attempting to instigate a revolution by commoners is not a Lawful action unless the rulers are illegitimate.  I see Ghandi as Neutral Good at best.

2) I am not bringing in a 6th major power.  I have 6 major powers already, and I am not bringing in an official presence of Andoran of any major strength.  Minor independent groups, yes, but the government is not getting involved.  I'm having enough trouble determining how things go as it is with this many.  If you bring in someone from Andoran, she will not have government sanctioning.

RubySlippers

No biggy I can do a NG cleric of Shelyn a local woman know for being non-violent and at the moment just trying to help those in need and seeing prisoners are treated properly. In other words will be annoying but the kind of woman that would be just a devout cleric of her goddess and shows mercy since that is really part of showing love while encouraging the deities other virtues.

It may be different but should be an interesting role-play for me.

ShamshielDF

I was going to point out the minor difference in situation.  Ghandi broke the British hold on India, yes.  And Martin Luther King Jr. rallied the people for equality of color.  But Ghandi's civil disobedience campaign was based on a peaceful removal of a foreign power that was not bent on a militaristic domination of the country.  Had Ghandi been in 1930's/1940's Germany, attempting civil disobedience, or early Stalinist Russian, he would have simply been shot out of hand or disappeared by one of the secret police.

It might work against some of the sects, but attempting to chain oneself to landmarks or interfere with the movement of the Chelaxian forces will likely result in one being rations for the hellhounds, hellcats and various devils with them.  Lets not forget that if Cheliax is involved there is every likelihood of Demons getting involved as well, just to confuse the situation.

Guerrilla insurgents would seem a more likely against a military takeover of the city/country.  Striking at supply lines, ruining food, disrupting command structure, etc will have more impact and be more likely to succeed.  It will be...exceedingly difficult to motivate people to peaceful protest when there are rumors flying that the last person to stand in the way of a Cheliax patrol was devoured slowly, taking half an hour to die before his soul was consumed by a devil.

Just some suggestions ^_^  If you're hell bent for playing Ghandi in Nazi occupied France, feel free.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Kolbrandr

If you're still taking in concepts, I had a notion for a paladin from Osirion affiliated with the faction from such, here out of the belief of that, whatever may or may not being going on with Aroden, his renewed civilization needs to be here, as the city would otherwise be at the mercy of infernalists, decadent empires, plutocrats and the like. That it would generally be bad for his own people otherwise if the city fell into the hands of any of those as far as the strength it would give them, that they could then turn on others. So an idealist basically, who legitimately believes the reborn strength of his homeland can be a force for stability and good across the planet, though an idealist not without an understanding of wider political nuance. Otherwise a believer in the need to boot the other groups out of the city, to show the benefits of being under the aegis of his homeland, to make sure the people in districts under their control are being treated well and having their hearts and minds won over, as the expression goes. Possibly reach out to such local insurgencies as may be forming. Certainly aware and no doubt seeing first hand a lot of horrible crap going on in the city, but only having that strengthen his resolve to maintain a honourable core to himself and show others that can be done.

So of the "idealists/not" conflict in Osirion, a representative of that first group. I'll put together a full writeup in a bit, just wanted to float the initial idea first.

Myrleena

Fine with me.  I'm not putting a concrete cap on players just yet.  Besides, at the moment I'm busy building a few dozen basic NPCs for the game.

Umbral Sanguinus

Do you want full sheets posted up here, or just the bio/background?
Ideas Roleplays Ons and Offs Apologies and Absences
"As political and economic freedom diminishes, sexual freedom tends compensatingly to increase." -Aldous Huxley

Myrleena

Just the basic concept for the moment.  As I said, I'll try to get up a couple of basic threads tomorrow or the next day.  And unless someone makes a concept that doesn't fit in the game at all, I won't deny it.

And so everyone knows, you do not start with lodging.  That you have to acquire for yourselves.

Kolbrandr

If you're affiliated with one of the various groupings, wouldn't you be housed with their forces? If in a "wherever is serving as the barracks" kind of way.

Myrleena

If it's a direct affiliation, yes.  But by the same token, that means that you have to follow orders that that side gives.  The whole double-edged sword bit.

Kolbrandr

*nods* I'd figure as much, but it was part of the shtick I had in mind, so it's a built in issue.

Myrleena

Kolbrandr

Put my full background up in the character thread.

Callie Del Noire

Myrleena

As I've said before, I don't currently have a maximum number of players in mind.

Phaia

I am gonna for now back out of this! but want to follow the story and if allowed alter might like to join

Phaia

Myrleena

Okay...let me explain.

Unless you arrange it with another player, all players will be operating independently of each other.  You may come into conflict on occasion, but that is not going to be common in a city that huge.  As such, you can play any of the classes from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and I won't bat an eye.  If you would like to join, welcome aboard.

Faeylin

I'm secretly eying (and that's such a funky spelling, but my spellchecker says it's right) this thread, but I know I shouldn't get into anything else...yet. I'm going to try to slip into this a few weeks from now. But the Myrleena brand name really is enough to get me on board. I can only imagine this is going to be amazing.
"Come into my parlor," said the spider, ever sly.
"I have these sexy, long legs, and I'd love to suck you dry!"

Ons & Offs - My Idea Thread [F/F]

Myrleena

Nah, I've GMed a lot with new players before.  Not via play by post, but I've watched a lot of people, and think I have it figured out.  In any case, I'm going to try to finish up the city information today, but I can't guarantee it.  After I have that and have brainstormed somewhat, I'll be starting the first PCs that I have everything for.

Myrleena

Decided that since about 3/4s of the potential players went missing to bump this.