R.I.P. Senator Ted Kennedy

Started by Avi, August 26, 2009, 01:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090826/us_nm/us_kennedy

Regardless of political belief, it is undeniable that Ted Kennedy had a profound impact on politics in this country.  All I can say is that I hope that he  gets to see his brothers again... he was never the same after he lost Jack and Bobby.  Rest well, Teddy.  You served us admirably and fought bravely.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

The Overlord

The Kennedys are a family beset by decades of ill fortune and tragedy. Despite all their wealth, power, and prestige I would truly not wish to be a part of that family...it all seemed to have come at much too high a price.

That being said, US politics has lost one of its great ones. I really did not have hopes for him, seeing what happened to my aunt, who died last month of a brain tumor. I know what his family went thorough and my heart goes out to them. I understand the frustration of slowly losing his faculties and being unable to pursue his goals, of still being 'in there' but unable to communicate and interact as you want to when the logic and neural paths start shutting down, because I know what it looks like.

Let this squelch any conspiracy theories of the best treatments and cures only going to the rich and powerful- if the Kennedys can't hold off cancer, than no luck for the rest of us either. No one is immune. He was diagnosed May 2008 and died in August. My aunt was diagnosed in September 2008 and died this July…you’re lucky if you get more than a year.

Rest in peace, Senator Kennedy, you earned it.

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Trieste

I know that there will be another senator, that things will move on and whatnot, but this man has shaped my state for the span of my entire life, and for most of my mother's. I'm positive that much of the character of Massachusetts is the result of Senator Kennedy, for better or worse, and he has often stood up for what he believed in. I remember feeling cold when I heard about his sickness a couple years ago, hoping he'd hold out and come back to us.

It used to be that we would talk about how much Kerry sucks, how he's just a wannabe who botched his prez roll and is now collecting a paycheck. Those observations would always end in, "At least we still have Kennedy."

... who do we have now?

Moon and Star

I... normally stay out of the politics board, but I spotted this on the index page.

All I can do is wish him to rest in piece. He's earned that much, and no matter what waits us on the other side I'd like to believe, like my late mother who suffered from Kidney failure and eventually passed from a brain aneurysm, at least he's no longer in pain.

He is an amazing individual.

Callie Del Noire

'Teddy' Kennedy was a very .. unique man, and one who I had felt never given his due by the media for the simple reason of who he was related to. He'd lived in the shadow of his brothers (in the media's eyes)

Did he make some mistakes.. yes, BUT I think he did the best any man could do with his life. And a good part of it was always missed because of his mistakes.

justsomeroleplay

Yea may be some controversies regarding him or his ways. But he is an icon and politically was very influential. rIP