Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
1. Casting a spell takes like 5 seconds (wth). Then you need to aim as well, which means when the spell goes off, the enemy is long gone.
2. Casting animation fills about 80% of the screen, yes. You see jack shit.
3. 90% of the game seems to take place in dark caverns, which has you have to activate a night sight spell, which disables itself after like 10 seconds again. Has you casting the damn spell over and over.
4. Oh, did I mention yet that Night sight reacts with violent brightness to any spells you cast? You go literally blind, see nothing when you cast spells. Those last 20% visibility? Yeah, they are gone.
5. You can sneak. You can get sneaking skills. They will be absolutely useless, since nearly no Monsters stands alone, and you will have to fight them in groups. Not so good with the sneaking if they see you after the first attack.
6. Poison. Spiders use it, zombies use it, and it lasts for like 2 minutes, killing you DEFINITELY if you don't have an antidote. Antidotes are hard to come by. F*ck poison.
7. The levels are horribly boring, frustrating, and terribly designed, except maybe 2, making it a chore. Finding 3 gems to activate a door feels like they just want to prolong you staying in that damn, dark dungeon, where you have to cast one spell over and over (night sight) and run into DOZENs of poisonous mobs (Zombies). NOT FUN!
8. Health Regeneration? Mana regeneration? Be ready to play for like 12 hours until you get em. Until then, have fun running out of mana every 2 spells, and die to a lot of stuff quickly.