You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 28, 2016, 07:24:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Posting in the forums for someone else...  (Read 430 times)

Offline EpicurusTopic starter

Posting in the forums for someone else...
« on: August 17, 2009, 04:54:13 AM »
Alrighty, lovely admins,

I have a nibble of a question - I have a friend on another site who is disheartened by that site's lack of quality in regards to RPers. However, it's the site to go to for RP that particular popular platform (note: MMO). I am trying to convince her to join up here, but she's dubious that it will just lead to more disappointment.

I realise that in all likelihood I probably can't post an ad specifically on her behalf here. However, if I could, where would I place said advertisement, remembering it's for a gaming platform rather than IM or Forums? If I can't place an ad for her, am I allowed to make a post asking if there's at least people of her particular specifications, and then get her to join up? Where would I post said topic?

Thanks very much!

Offline Maeven

Re: Posting in the forums for someone else...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 08:35:04 AM »
Well, I know that we have members who play a myriad of MMO's.  If you have a look through Off Topic there's many threads discussing different games and there was even some talk of forming an Elliquiy guild on WoW. 

You're correct though, you can't post an ad on her behalf here. She'll need to go through the application process before doing so but I'm certain she won't be disappointed in the quality of role players here and perhaps she might even find other areas of enjoyment. :)

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 01:09:13 PM »
Just a thought, but if you were to find a thread in the Off-Topic (public area) that dealt with your friend's particular MMO, you could direct her to look at it without logging in - it would show that there is interest that she could then get involved with should she become a member.

Offline TheBawdyErotic

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 02:00:45 PM »
Hmmm if you have a wow guild.. let me know which server  bwahahahahah!