You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 02:43:45 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Suspension of Disbelief  (Read 2922 times)

Offline NeroonTopic starter

• Sneaky Little Weasel
  • Oracle
  • Addict
  • Beware of geeks bearing gifs
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
The Suspension of Disbelief
« on: August 12, 2009, 07:10:56 PM »
It is, of course, obvious that this is my first entry here.  Part of the reason I've not blogged here before has been work, part of it a simple lack of inspiration and part of it the fact that I already blog on WordPress.  However, it is high time I started blogging here on Elliquiy.  Those who are familiar with my sense of humour will be hardly surprised at the tone of what I write and to any unfamiliar with my sense of humour, I can only ask that you forgive me.

You see, I spend a great deal of time at Elliquiy, the place that is, in my opinion, one of the best places to be the net.  I do, it must be said, frequent other places online and feel perfectly at home in a couple of them.  Yet, in the end, I have to conclude that Elliquiy is special.  The people here are nice and pleasant, by and large, the standards of writing are good and it is a place that is open and accepting of othersí points of view, kinks and other miscellaneous quirks.  Indeed, I know of few forums that would create a third option for gender, so that people in indeterminate sex could have a place to call their own.  Such an option is perhaps one of the reasons why, by and large, Elliquiyís members are so honest.

So you can imagine my feelings of outrage and betrayal when I found out that alady vampire with whom I was role playing such steamy scenes of hot haemovore action was not what she claimed to be.  Her anatomy, in real life, was quite different from as advertised and, let me tell you, it cast a distinct pall over the virtual necking we were doing.

You see, she was not, in fact, a vampire.

You might argue that it should not matter to me as, after all, the storyís the thing, isnít it, not the writer.  But I simply canít get past it.  How can I ever let her character bite mine in the jugular again, when I know that she lacks the dentition to do so in real life.  I can suspend my disbelief so far, but this would be hanging it by the neck.

I tell you, this situation is a right pain in the neck and I will be petitioning the rest of the staff to put a stop to such an outrage.  How can they knowingly allow people in who can write so convincingly that I would believe that they are of a completely different dietary type.

There is only one solution that will satisfy me: they must demand that every one here furnish proof of their dietary status and blood group immediately.  Or that they can, at least, do dental screenings of prospective members.  If they donít, who knows where this will end.  I mean, Iím already starting to look suspiciously at that werewolf  Iím thinking of starting a game with.

Offline Caeli

Re: The Suspension of Disbelief
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 07:28:50 PM »
I ran into the same situation recently. :-( Except he wasn't writing a convincing vampire...

Could have sworn he was an elf, though.

Online Myrleena

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 07:48:45 PM »
*sighs and wishes she was an elf* My therapist is of the opinion that I'm otherkin, and was an elf in a previous life.

Offline Enmuro

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 12:04:33 PM »
But on the internet nobody knows you're a dog!... Or a vampire, elf, short order cook, etc.  Hmm, a vampire elf short order cook would actually make a sweet char.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 01:06:10 PM »
*sighs and wishes she was an elf* My therapist is of the opinion that I'm otherkin, and was an elf in a previous life.

*wishes she was in a state with such understanding therapists.*

Online Myrleena

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:31:46 PM »
Karren lives in Utah, just like me.  >:)

Online Mithlomwen

• ~ E's resident kilt inspector ~ ~ Atropos ~
  • Goddess
  • Carnite
  • ~ Thunder only happens when it's raining.... ~
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 08:13:37 AM »
There is only one solution that will satisfy me: they must demand that every one here furnish proof of their dietary status and blood group immediately.  Or that they can, at least, do dental screenings of prospective members.  If they donít, who knows where this will end.  I mean, Iím already starting to look suspiciously at that werewolf  Iím thinking of starting a game with.

*gigglesnort*

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »
I've always believed that sincerity is the key to success.

Once you learn to fake that you can learn to do anything.

Offline Sho

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 02:04:33 PM »
This is fantastic, Neroon. Love it!

Offline Kurzyk

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 02:48:15 PM »
Yea. You know Neroon I take offense to this blog. In a Demon roleplay I was recently in I was asked if my wings were real, and furthermore if I would consent to a dental examination with posting the results for her to view.

They obviously took your suggestion and it's now spreading across the E community. I even heard another member shouting that they have a list of fake beings passing as human. There's even talk of a registration act?

Look I don't mean to be critical but I don't think this course of action is healthy for the community; a place where freedom is encouraged, and individual liberties are cherished.

Just my two cents.

Offline Bubblez

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 09:02:39 PM »
I loved this..Great Job..

Oh ya, if we have to register...,

I am putting in anything and everything as my designation.......*laughing naughtily*

Offline Cythieus

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 01:28:04 AM »
I know of a guy who pretends to be a banana.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 07:15:34 AM »
But does he enjoy hard vore?

Offline Kurzyk

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 07:45:36 AM »
hahaha!

Offline Cythieus

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 04:36:19 PM »
But does he enjoy hard vore?

We posted this gif of a girl ramming a Banana down her throat and he got all offended.

Offline Kenshin

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 07:32:03 PM »
I am confused? People advertise to be vampires and demons in real life here?

Offline Will

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »
As it should be, yes?  Could you imagine writing a vampire RP with someone who's not a vampire?  It's a little crazy.

Online Doomsday

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 09:55:34 AM »
In real life I'm usually a cirrus cloud though sometimes I'm a AAA battery and even a woman. I like to play sore throat lozenges on E. No offense.

Offline Meri

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 02:11:36 PM »
Cough, cough, cough.  My throat hurts.

Offline Thufir Hawat

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 08:06:21 AM »
Not any more than I am a werewolf ;D. The post consists of maxed-out irony.
I liked it.

Offline Chevalier des Poissons

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 11:04:27 AM »

No, no. I tell the truth: I am a golden saint serving the Goddess Athena.

• Sneaky Little Weasel
  • Oracle
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »
Hmmm Athena was served by golden bees or was that an owl.  So which are you, Shambler?

Offline Chevalier des Poissons

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 03:08:32 PM »
=S You don't know an anime called Saint Seiya?

• Sneaky Little Weasel
  • Oracle
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »
I confess, I do not.

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 07:46:12 PM »
Yea. You know Neroon I take offense to this blog. In a Demon roleplay I was recently in I was asked if my wings were real, and furthermore if I would consent to a dental examination with posting the results for her to view.

They obviously took your suggestion and it's now spreading across the E community. I even heard another member shouting that they have a list of fake beings passing as human. There's even talk of a registration act?

Look I don't mean to be critical but I don't think this course of action is healthy for the community; a place where freedom is encouraged, and individual liberties are cherished.

Just my two cents.

...I had the same thing happen. I mean, wtf? Hello? What's going on here? Should I be afraid of police coming at my door to check if I'm an Angel?