You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 10:22:51 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Amazing Disappearing Avatar  (Read 611 times)

Offline RhapsodyTopic starter

The Amazing Disappearing Avatar
« on: August 02, 2009, 03:04:02 PM »
So... more often than not, when I change the page (either by refreshing the current page or moving to a different one entirely) my avatar does this:

Continuing to move around the site, it appears and disappears seemingly at random.  I have no idea what's going on.

Offline Dakota

Re: The Amazing Disappearing Avatar
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 03:14:48 PM »
Thats Odd, my av has never done that

Offline Skye

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »
Mine used to do that once in a great while, Rhapsody. Is your avatar downloaded into the Wiki? I noticed that after I did that, and got the link from there, it was fine.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:30:04 PM »
I'm fairly certain that all avatars are hosted by Elliquiy's server, no matter if it is linked from elsewhere or uploaded from your computer.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »
Yes, though, the shoutbox won't work until all images have loaded, so something must have gone wrong with downloading/parsing her avatar on her machine.

http://www.downloadatoz.com/multimedia-design_directory/jpeg-png-stripper/

I use this for jpeg files and something called tweakpng for png files to remove unnecessary file info.

Offline RhapsodyTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 05:44:38 PM »
Mine used to do that once in a great while, Rhapsody. Is your avatar downloaded into the Wiki? I noticed that after I did that, and got the link from there, it was fine.

No, it was uploaded from my machine via the option on the [Edit] Forum Profile section.

Yes, though, the shoutbox won't work until all images have loaded, so something must have gone wrong with downloading/parsing her avatar on her machine.

http://www.downloadatoz.com/multimedia-design_directory/jpeg-png-stripper/

I use this for jpeg files and something called tweakpng for png files to remove unnecessary file info.

Thanks, I'll try it. 

It's only been acting up in the last day or so.  It's been perfectly behaved for the month or so it's been my avatar.