You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 12:44:36 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Twilight Convention  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Maeven

Re: Twilight Convention
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »
Yeah, but I read the entire Anne Rice series too, all the way to Memnoch the Devil and besides the daylight thing, they had it pretty good too.  Back when it was the 'it thing' people complained about Louis's neverending angst (which is similar to Edward's quandary about whether he has a soul) and 'why was he so upset about it when he had it so good.' Those vampires were beautiful, strong and fast as well... and I seem to remember Marius and some of the ancient ones flying in some of the later books though it's been years so I may be just making that up.

Perhaps the later books work to dispel some of the sparkliness when Meyer explores the history of the various clans and their trials and tribulations. The first book doesn't even begin to touch on that aspect.

Offline SinsOfEden

• Female aspect: Zyrkirius || Male aspect: Lloyd ~~~ "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • Champion
  • Seducer
  • Formerly 'Ghost' || Still The Captain's Sinister, Vicious Kitten
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Twilight Convention
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 05:28:24 AM »
Uhh....

What?