Enslaved [Fantasy]

Started by Daril, July 07, 2009, 01:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daril

This is a revision of an earlier RPG idea I had that sort of got pushed back in the pages without going anywhere.  I considered trying to bump it, but since the idea had changed a bit since it's original conception, I figured starting a new thread would make things clearer.

Basically, this plot focuses on a young elf maiden who hailed from a group which historically had good relations with humans, but hadn't had a lot of contact with them as of late.  She had a bit of wanderlust, and ended up traveling.  Unfortunately for her, the human areas she traveled into had come under the domain of an Empire, and some of the humans she met took advantage of her trust and naivety and sold her into slavery.  As such, she eventually wound up in a slave market in one of the major cities.

I'd originally thought of playing the character myself, but found I wasn't particularly comfortable with the idea (funnily enough, because I do play female characters quite frequently).  But I liked the storyline, so I've been thinking of playing as the noble who purchases the elf, and have been hoping to find another player who is willing to play her.

I should probably note as far as the treatment this elf is likely to get, her new master isn't the type who likes to be cruel for the sake of being cruel, but he does expects her to be obedient and to behave in a manner appropriate for a slave, so he may be quite harsh to her at times, especially initially.  As far as his plans for her, he does have an interest in her specifically, but he also bought her partly so that he'd have something exotic to show off (and this is partly why he has high expectations for her behaviour).

Is anyone interested in playing out this story?

mkkdreams

This idea intrigues me.  I'm rather interested.

MovieFreek

I wouldn't mind doing it ^_^

Daril

Okay, between posts here and private messages, I've got several responses.

I think what I'm going to do to settle this is ask each person to send me a message containing a) how they interpret the character they plan to play and b) what they would write if they were writing the first post of this RPG.  Hopefully that's an acceptable way to settle things.