News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

iPhone

Started by Bliss, July 06, 2009, 01:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

I'm getting one! It should arrive today, yay! I've been browsing cases online; I haven't delved into checking out the apps yet. I have gotten a couple recommendations from offline friends, but I wanted to ask here.

What gear/accessories do you have/ What do you recommend - and what is crap?

What apps do you feel are must-have? What are optional, but super fun or useful anyway? What apps are lamer than they sound?
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

DeviantWolf

I love my iPhone.  As for gear a screen protector is good.  If you have the money there is one that costs $20 I can't remember the name though.  It has a lifetime warrenty with it.  I've heard it is the best to get.  I didn't get one and have a few scratches on my screen so said F it and didn't bother to go out and get it when I heard about it.  When I get my new 3G S I will.

For Apps I live in storm central so I have WeatherBug Elite.  It's great for checking the weather when you are out.  I go fishing so it's good to know if a storm is coming.

IM+ when they fix the bugs is a great IM Client that handles all IMs including facebook and twitter.

I also have a facebook ap which lets you check facebok with a simple interface.  Also Photobucket App for easy uploading.

I also have Photo Safe allows me to hide all my questionable photos with a password so if prying eyes get their hands on my iphone they won't find the naughties.

I use my paypal app often to check balance.

Stanaza is a great book reader.  I like it better then the kindle app.

Oh and get your iphone a rubber!  I have a rubber case that protects the backs, sides and even the screen somewhat if dropped.  I have dropped my phone a few times and I feel the rubber has absorbed the impact preventing chips, scrapes or worse.
~~ I'm loving what you wanna wear ~~
~~ I wonder what's up under there? ~~
~~ Wonder if I'll ever have it under my tongue? ~~

Bliss

Apps I've had recommended to me elsewhere:

TwitterFon
SolFree
UrbanSpoon
Pandora
Lightsaber
Zippo Lighter
Shazam
Flixter
Fish Tycoon
Distant Shore
Fieldrunners

I'll definitely want to get an IM client, and the facebook client as well.

*makes note of Photosafe and Stanaza*

As far as protecting, a screen protector is a clear must; my case shopping has turned up the Candyshell by Speck. Hard slightly flexible plastic exterior, with a softer rubbery liner. Protects against big bumps and cushions against shock. Plus, neat colors, not just Black White Or Silver!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

DeviantWolf

I had a massage App for a time but it didn't do much.  The vibration in the 3G isn't all that strong, half the time when my phone rings and I have it silences I don't even feel it vibrate.

I have twitterfon and it's pretty good.

Used to have zippo and lighter app but got rid of them when I started collecting to many apps.  Had to remove some of my less used ones.  They were fun at first then got very little use.

Pandora is good when you are fairly stationary but if you are driving around town there's a good chance you will lose internet connection a lot.
~~ I'm loving what you wanna wear ~~
~~ I wonder what's up under there? ~~
~~ Wonder if I'll ever have it under my tongue? ~~

Bliss

I made a background image for my phone while I was doing the writing-in-a-coffeeshop thing last night:

(My handwriting is crap AND it's really pixellated since I shrunk the image, so I'm not worried about all y'all stealing my hard work. ;) )
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Inkidu

Quote from: Bliss on July 15, 2009, 08:32:28 AM
I made a background image for my phone while I was doing the writing-in-a-coffeeshop thing last night:

(My handwriting is crap AND it's really pixellated since I shrunk the image, so I'm not worried about all y'all stealing my hard work. ;) )
That notebook is my iphone. Technology is just too evil sometimes.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Bliss

What notebook is your iPhone?
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Inkidu

Quote from: Bliss on July 16, 2009, 09:02:57 AM
What notebook is your iPhone?
Cheap-ass little Five Star. I didn't even spring for a leather bound one. I'm not that tech savvy.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Bliss

Heheheh.... I don't think there's particular tech involvement to leather vs. paperbound cover, is there? (I should tweet that and see how sorely my bookbinding friends trounce me for it.)

Lessee... I ended up getting a Frogz Luxe cover in red/black instead of the Candyshell, because the green Candyshell I wanted is discontinued. No matter, because I love what I got.

I've been picking up a bunch of neat apps; Distant Shore is a big favorite, and one of only two apps that I've actually shelled out money for. The other is Myst, which I played when it first came out. LOVE IT!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3