Mystery-Men in Time (Superhero, UN, plot ideas welcome)

Started by Marlow, July 05, 2009, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Sleepless

Name: Miles Edward O'Brien III.
Alias: Cormac II.
Height: 6'8".
Weight: 400 lbs.

Physical Appearance: Tall, broad shouldered and muscular, the young man can only be referred to as a human tank. Fair skin with a reddish tint to his cheeks, matching his slightly curly hair; green eyes and a contagious smile.

Personality: Good-natured; but quick tempered, Miles is every much the Irish stereotype. He likes to party, drink, and loves to chase after ladies, but he doesn't treat them like some guys do, he's a gentleman. To evildoers, he's a bane, to his friends he's a great friend, and to the general public, he's a protector.

Origin: Miles' grandfather, after whom he and his father are named, was an Irishman, born in Dublin. He fought in WWII as an infantryman, and during an offensive in northern Europe, he was hit by a mystical Nazi weapon.

At first, it seemed he would die, but his body started to develope superpowers. The strength, resistance, reflexes and healing ability of ten men were his, and soon he was on his feet. There were many mystery men around in his time, and doing their share on the front, so he adopted a costume and a codename: Cormac.

Cormac was everywhere, hitting Nazis and their allies. In fact, it sometimes seemed he was in more than one place at the same time; so much all over the place was he. After the war, he moved to America, and settled in New York City.

He married Angelica O'Shaughesny, a nice Irish girl who'd arrived to the US at the start of the war. He became a policeman, and kept fighting evil both in his day job, and as Cormac.

Unfortunately, Angelica and Miles couldn't conceive a child, as much as they tried. With the years, however, his powers started to wane, and by 1958 they had all but disappeared... and it was then when they had their first child, Miles Edward O'Brien II. He retired from superhero life that year, and only his closest friends and family know of his secret identity.

In the end, Miles I's powers all but vanished, leaving him however with the physical condition of a man in his prime. To this day, at age 91, he has the shape of a man in his late fourties, a great late fourties. He fathered three more children with Angelica: Sarah, Thomas, and Michael.

Miles II never exhibited any kind of superpowers, and became a policeman too; rising through ranks, becoming a detective at age 25. He was already married to Melissa; and soon she gave birth to their own firstborn; Miles Edward O'Brien III. He was followed by his only sister, Elizabeth, who's six years younger than he is.

Little Miles, or Eddie as some called him (altough he insists on being called Miles) was an active child from an early age. Sports, outdoors activities, he didn't stop moving even when others were exhausted.

Grandpa Miles noticed this, and when, on a fishing trip, Eddie (aged 15) punched a rampaging bear in the face out of instinct, he knew his grandson had inherited his powers.

Eddie had exactly the same powers as his grandpa, but he seemed stronger and more resistant. While Miles I could only lift a small vehicle under the strongest of pressures; Miles III has no problem lifting a regular-sized car, and has been known to lift things as heavy as a train car, although the effort leaves him exhausted.

Trained by his grandpa, Miles III learned how to control his strenght; not only to not hurt people, but to be able to keep on playing football without cheating. He can "dial down" his strenght and reflexes to a normal human level, although his endurance and healing factor are innate, and cannot be "turned off".

When he graduated high school, he got a scholarship in a police-oriented college. There he studied law enforcement subjects, and by the time he was 23, he graduated top of his class. He's not overly smart, just normal, but he's as hard working as they come.

On a personal level, he has a great relationship with his parents (who know of his dual identity), and loves his little sister very much; he tries to not scare off her suitors. He had a steady girlfriend until he went to college, Jessica, but they split up because she felt she couldn't hold long distance relationship, attending college in California.

Now he's joined NYPD as his father and grandfather, and is proudly patrolling his neighborhood of Brooklyn. Of course, grandpa revealed to him that he was Cormac in the 40s and 50s; which was a pleasant surprise to Eddie, who had read so much about him.

With grandpa's help he designed an updated version of his costume, and more than fifty years after the first Cormac's retirement, a new one fights crime in the streets of New York!

Powers: Cormac has superstrength; enough to lift one or two tons under normal circumstances, or five or six with extreme, exhausting effort.

His reflexes and speed are superhuman; several times over those of an olympic athlete. His top speed, which he can only hold for a few minutes, is a 100 miles per hour.

Endurance and resistance to injury are also superhuman. Anti-personnel weaponry can't hurt him; only high caliber bullets (50 or higher) make a mark on him, and then only slightly. Of course, other superhumans with similar or higher power levels can hurt him.

If he gets hurt, however, he heals at amazing speeds. It's not known if he's able to regenerate lost limbs, but wounds that would keep anyone else out of comission for months take him only a few days to heal.

Talents: Skilled in law enforcement procedures and detective work, he's also competent in mechanics, being fond of working on his car and bike.
In his (very little) free time, he plays the bass in a hard blues band, The Brooklyn Bastards, with modest success in NYC and surrounding areas.

Due to time spent with his grandfather, he's very knowledgeable about WWII events, particularly those related to superheroes and villains of the time.

Weaknesses: Not much can hurt Cormac, but sonic weapons are one of the most effective... he learned that the hard way, and has dampeners built into his mask, as well as flash reducing lenses, since he's affected by those
He also has only normal resistance to psychic attacks (with a great willpower), although due to the mystical origin of his powers, he has exhibited certain resistance to magic.

OOC: Maybe he's fought alongside Imperator, Dark Angel or the Gray Ghost? Pics will come soon.

Cold Heritage

Perhaps Imperator and Cormac both saved NYC from the Shamrock Shake, a villain with the power to control seismic activity and manipulate earth/stone? Or they put an end to the villainous capers of Black O'Seamus, the Shadow Thief, who was stealing diamonds and selling them on the black market?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Marlow

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I've been thinking about this idea and I've come to not care for it. Not that I think it's a bad idea, I just don't have the drive to RP it at the moment.

So, I'm going to back out. However, feel free to continue on with this. You guys made profiles, so you shouldn't be robbed because I've had a change of heart. Sorry for the bale, but I figured it'd be better to drop out before it started than to derail in once it had started.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Cold Heritage

DarkAngel

YOu know we could make this free form and someone can guide the story instead of DM

Just a suggestion all we need is someone to do the first post.. No biggy and guide everyone to the same place...

YOu know like a sign that says Please all super heros come here!! lol

GabrielM

I agree with LPG I think it could work as free form if we just get it started...

DarkAngel

Gabe Make the first post who want to play will follow

Doktor Sleepless

Freeform or not, we still need someone to guide the story, and that's the same as a DM.

DarkAngel

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on July 10, 2009, 09:05:46 PM
Freeform or not, we still need someone to guide the story, and that's the same as a DM.

Oh hell I'll Guide it through just some make the first post

GabrielM

I can do a first post it it doesn't have to lead everyone else more like an intro of where and what my char is doing. Is there a IC board up? Or I can make on...

DarkAngel

GabrielM

Where should it go extreme, NC, light what any Ideas?

Doktor Sleepless

Extreme just in case anyone wants to go that way; I don't usually do much but light.

GabrielM

Thats what I was thinking just to be safe...I dont think things will get too rough but as a just in case thing. Well I have to work early in the morn so I am going to get off for the night but I will get stuff started while I am at work.

GabrielM

If we could do a quick check of how many of us there are ready to go that would be great so I know if I need to start this in small groups or large groups.

DarkAngel

I'm not sure I would say small would work if we get bigger we can always change location if must be

Cold Heritage

GabrielM

Alight it is started. I posted as if we are not at the moment needed by Dr. Chronos or it could even before we have come together for the first time so we can discuss where we want to go in the OOC thread.

IC link: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=41684.0

OOC link: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=41681.0