Silkroad online accounts saftey

Started by XartusX, June 15, 2009, 04:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XartusX

Since there are many people that have been hacked lately. I decided to make this thread.Some tips that will make your computer more secure. Not only for SRO.

1- Use an UPDATED Anti-Virus/Spyware/Adware. This is essential.
Avg or Kaspersky is enough for that I think. Btw. Choose Iceword at the same time is better.

2- Don't use the same ID/Password of your game (SRO. in this case) on Forums.

3- Do NOT use illegal 3rd party programs (Cracked programs). Since most of 'em are viruses.DO NOT use bot.I know its well for some lazy bones. BUT. Its danger.

4- Be careful with the files you open (recent downloads). Also I'd recommend checking every downloaded file with an anti-virus.Dont click the link if you dont know if its safe.I played wow before.ebay is the best choice for the gold =). In Sro. I choose Gkplayer for that. some of other 'gold sites' full with virus. Good Luck.

5- We all know this one. DO NOT share your accounts with others.

6- Keep the "Remember Me" option always checked, doing so will save you from re-typing your account info if you've had a keylogger on your computer.

7- And the last but not least.. ALWAYS use a secure password.

8- DO NOT TRUST ANYONE. who knows if the person you're giving your account info has keylogger and such malicious programs on there computers. >.>

That's all, I hope this thread be useful for y'all.