What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenophile

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword - Rise of Mankind mod, latest version.

Holy shit goddamn, this thing's addictive.
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on December 17, 2010, 01:16:05 PM
Prothean would make a good deal of sense, actually. The Protheans didn't stand a chance at resistance because they were taken completely by surprise. The genocide, however, took a long time. It's not entirely unthinkable that, similar to the Protheans on Virmire, others were hiding elsewhere, developing weapons. I'm just saying.
How would they communicate? Unless the Prothean's had some writer's convenience of pangalactic communication. Remember even a laser telecommunication signal takes years traveling at the speed of light. ME also has quantum entanglement communication but they're expensive and dedicated. Right now I think they use relay stations of some kind.

So keeping that in mind once the Protheans are cut off from the citadel their survival degrades into a planet at a time. To build a weapon with even a cooperative effort would be next to impossible.

I'm voting for Shepard finding the Reaper A.I. core (or choose your other McGuffin) and blowing it up. That's kind of how he/she's done it in the past... it works.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Quote from: Hemingway on December 17, 2010, 01:16:05 PM
Prothean would make a good deal of sense, actually. The Protheans didn't stand a chance at resistance because they were taken completely by surprise. The genocide, however, took a long time. It's not entirely unthinkable that, similar to the Protheans on Virmire, others were hiding elsewhere, developing weapons. I'm just saying.

The only reason Virmire got left alone was because it wasn't in the Citadel database, and the Reapers didn't know about it. I don't remember why though... some political in fighting made the Mass Relay research kind of a hot button topic, I guess?

Even if a super weapon was under development, the Reapers would have found it, and destroyed it, at the very least, maybe even adapted against it. The only way around this is if the planet in question was off the star maps, like Virmire, and I can't see how it would be.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on December 17, 2010, 04:16:01 PM
I'm voting for Shepard finding the Reaper A.I. core (or choose your other McGuffin) and blowing it up. That's kind of how he/she's done it in the past... it works.

It would kick an unspeakable amount of ass if they found their way to the original Reaper homeworld ( if my hypothesis concerning the origin of the first Reapers, as a species that completely transcended their biological origin, holds water, anyway ), possibly in some distant galaxy, by way of an ancient relay. Arrive on a planet that's been deserted for potentially billions of years, and uncover something both frightening, awesome and devastating.

It would be awesome.

Sabby

I always thought that the image they teased in the Beacon (later turning out to be the black hole on the other end of the Omega 4 Relay) was their homeworld... as with all things Lovecraftian (and I do place Reapers in that category) it lost much of it's creepiness when you found out exactly what it was.

Hemingway

The galactic center was creepy as all hell to me. I actually expected it to lead to intergalactic space.

ANYWAY.

Guys.

Battlefield Bad Company 2: VIETNAM.

OH YEAH.

GET SOME. GET SOME.

Sabby

Trying to find a good game based off of either Terminator or Stargate. I know of one good game for the latter, but it's not really an option right now. Confuses me why both franchises have such shitty games :/ both are made for gaming.

Xenophile

Quote from: Sabby on December 18, 2010, 08:19:42 PM
Trying to find a good game based off of either Terminator or Stargate. I know of one good game for the latter, but it's not really an option right now. Confuses me why both franchises have such shitty games :/ both are made for gaming.

There was a Battlefield 1942 clone made as a tie in with Terminator 3 a few years back. It wasn't exactly critically acclaimed, but I enjoyed it in part for the pretty varied player classes.
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on December 18, 2010, 08:19:42 PM
Or you could give up hope of their ever being any good movie/T.V. (but still technically a movie I guess) based games. Join the rest of us, Sabby... join us...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Xenophile

Quote from: Inkidu on December 19, 2010, 06:20:38 PM
Or you could give up hope of their ever being any good movie/T.V. (but still technically a movie I guess) based games. Join the rest of us, Sabby... join us...

Hey now, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis was a pretty neat game.
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Quote from: Xenophile on December 19, 2010, 06:27:13 PM
Hey now, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis was a pretty neat game.
Oh, there are a couple.

Wyrd

Playin CoD 4. Why not? the new one sucked lemons
Ragtime Dandies!

Xenophile

Quote from: Inkidu on December 19, 2010, 06:30:01 PM
Oh, there are a couple.

And I hear that 007: Golden Eye for the Nintendo 64 was alright too.

But yeah, I won't argue against you. It's almost a rule that move games suck rancid ass.
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Quote from: Xenophile on December 19, 2010, 06:37:59 PM
And I hear that 007: Golden Eye for the Nintendo 64 was alright too.

But yeah, I won't argue against you. It's almost a rule that move games suck rancid ass.
The best James Bond game I ever played was 007 Everything or Nothing. It was the only one that wasn't tied into a movie. It was awesome. Additional objectives for harder difficulties. 007 rewards and objectives. A bike chase across the Lake Pontchartrain Bridge in New Orleans. Pierce Brosnan and Willem Defoe provided voice overs. If you have a Gamecube, Xbox, or PS2 you can still play it. 

Oniya

I was somewhat partial to the one that Parker Brothers put out on the Atari 800.  Of course, I was a midget gamer at the time.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Hey, one of the greatest games of all time was based off of a movie >.>

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. That's how a movie tie in should be done.

Bayushi

Quote from: Sabby on December 18, 2010, 08:19:42 PMTrying to find a good game based off of either Terminator or Stargate. I know of one good game for the latter, but it's not really an option right now. Confuses me why both franchises have such shitty games :/ both are made for gaming.

Stargate has an MMO in the works, Stargate: Worlds.

We'll see, I guess.

Brandon

I spent a few hours playing the newest castevania last night. I have to admit being able to, at some points, mount a giant monster and ride it around is cool but after the fifth time I started wondering if I was playing some kind of reskinned barbie horse adventures game. The linearity is also a huge deal breaker for me. Ever since I played lament of innocence I just cant take a linear castevania game seriously. Even Simon's quest (the best one IMO) had a nice open world, go where you like feel to it. Im gonna give it another chance but Im just not liking Lords of shadow so far
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Crisis

Hello, everybody!

I'm playing the DC Online Universe beta. I'm mostly done with it, though. Level cap and nothing to do.
Didn't like that last Castlevania, BTW. Everybody says it gets better later, but I didn't get past chapter 4 or so.

Inkidu

Quote from: Crisis on December 20, 2010, 11:41:47 AM
Hello, everybody!

I'm playing the DC Online Universe beta. I'm mostly done with it, though. Level cap and nothing to do.
Didn't like that last Castlevania, BTW. Everybody says it gets better later, but I didn't get past chapter 4 or so.
I always love the it-gets-better-later argument. That's like saying a root canal stops hurting after the first hour or so.

Xenophile

Quote from: Inkidu on December 20, 2010, 01:05:41 PM
I always love the it-gets-better-later argument. That's like saying a root canal stops hurting after the first hour or so.

Or that a turd will smell better if we leave it in the sun for a day or two.
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

I've been throwing around some of my older titles. Really far too eager to get my Dead Space 2 on but I have to wait. Rekindling my hatred for all things in the sports-game genre. Seriously, statistic masturbation is all they seem to be. Kind of like some RPGs but without any story to make you forget.

Bentley

Already finished Dragon Age once this month so I could make a different decision regarding Morrigan. Starting again so I can go for ruling with Alistair.

Also playing WoW.

Chaosengine

Blade Kitten. PC version was 4.99$ from Steam.

Inkidu

Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It's awesome. Although if you're used to the auto-injector from the first one, 2 kind of kicks your ass. (Because I keep throwing grenades looking for it. XD)