News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiddenhart

Quote from: General Valter on October 07, 2010, 11:23:32 AM
I should have asked this first. ^^''
Do you have any interests in doing an RP for FFT?
I'd love to ^^

Mr. Vyce

Hemingway

Quote from: Geeklet on October 07, 2010, 10:09:06 AM
A good case of scary without a horde of enemies: the 'Robbing the Cradle' level in Thief 3: Deadly Shadows

Also, Ocean View Hotel.

I never actually got to the Cradle myself, but maybe I should ... Thief 3 is an amazing game. I've often heard the Cradle and Ocean View Hotel mentioned in the same paragraph, though.

Inkidu

I find Dead Space to be scary both ways. It wears you down with environmental and ambiance then bam! It hits you with a small horde of necromorphs to make you put down the controller in sheer, abject terror.

I'm kind of in the same camp as Wolfy though. Anything before the age of 3-D gaming tends to not be defined enough to visually terrify me, not in a horror sense anyways. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on October 07, 2010, 12:01:29 PM
I find Dead Space to be scary both ways. It wears you down with environmental and ambiance then bam! It hits you with a small horde of necromorphs to make you put down the controller in sheer, abject terror.

I'm kind of in the same camp as Wolfy though. Anything before the age of 3-D gaming tends to not be defined enough to visually terrify me, not in a horror sense anyways.

Dead Space 2 is going to be even better. :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on October 07, 2010, 12:02:34 PM
Dead Space 2 is going to be even better. :D
I know right! Issac's getting a voice and personality this time and I've already got it pre-ordered, by accident but still... awesome!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hiddenhart

Quote from: Inkidu on October 07, 2010, 12:04:51 PM
I know right! Issac's getting a voice and personality this time and I've already got it pre-ordered, by accident but still... awesome!

Dead Space was already creepy enough...gosh, the death scenes xD My favorite being the wall-tentacle-monster one.

I can't imagine Dead Space 2 XD

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on October 07, 2010, 12:04:51 PM

I'm waiting for a collectors edition before I pre-order mine. :P

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on October 07, 2010, 12:07:49 PM
I'm waiting for a collectors edition before I pre-order mine. :P
Yeah... those don't appeal to me. A bunch of artists' renderings and sketches maybe a soundtrack or figurine and you paid anywhere from 20 to 50 bucks extra... Oh but it's a metal game case.. and a lot end up in Game Stop anyways. Well like I said mine was accidental anyways. I was going to pre-order Dead Rising 2 and the guy put it in as Dead Space 2. Not a horrible mistake and kind of understandable.

Wolfy

Psh...what I'm most excited about is that one gun....the one that impales them to walls..then you can either eletrocute them or make them explode. :D

Gonna be my number one gun as soon as I get it.

Wolfy

And in other gaming news.

The Bible Online.

...Yes. A free browser based MMO...based on the Bible...

Oniya

Is there a tactical/strategy section where you lead the Israelites through things like the battle of Jericho?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

I'm trying to figure out how that relates to Issac's normal arsenal of highly-modified industrial equipment. In Dead Space all the weapons are actually tools (exception to the pulse rifle wish is just lame anyways).

So how does an electric harpoon gun work into that, I wonder.

Hemingway

So, did anyone else try Medal of Honor?

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on October 07, 2010, 06:34:59 PM
So, did anyone else try Medal of Honor?

I tried.

But the fact that I couldn't connect to the servers after several attempts of trying, coupled with the fact that the same thing happened to me in Bad Company 2, Rendered me to the opinion that EA's servers are crap. >_>

grayfoxz

Quote from: Wolfy on October 08, 2010, 02:54:03 AM
I tried.

But the fact that I couldn't connect to the servers after several attempts of trying, coupled with the fact that the same thing happened to me in Bad Company 2, Rendered me to the opinion that EA's servers are crap. >_>

never had that problem. play BFBC 2 all the time. played the ps3 beta a while ago, no problems either. gonna get that one fo sho :D

Hemingway

Just preordered Medal of Honor. Its Steam release is on Sunday, for some weird reason. Wait, no. Monday. Midnight.

Sabby

Gears 2 and Wolfenstien.

Aimed a sniper at a bald, trenchcoat wearing super powered Nazi. He looks at the scope, and goes spectral form, just as I fire. Bullet goes through him harmlessly. He calls out in his wavering, ghostly voice and then rushes out of scope sight, then crosses it again, closing the distance with an impossibly fast zig zagging.

I fire... just as he reformed. He stops, and then slowly topples over, with a single bullet shot on his crotch.

The moral of the story? Doesn't matter how many planes of existance you can phase through at will, I will still shoot your dick off.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on October 09, 2010, 12:39:14 AM
Gears 2 and Wolfenstien.

Aimed a sniper at a bald, trenchcoat wearing super powered Nazi. He looks at the scope, and goes spectral form, just as I fire. Bullet goes through him harmlessly. He calls out in his wavering, ghostly voice and then rushes out of scope sight, then crosses it again, closing the distance with an impossibly fast zig zagging.

I fire... just as he reformed. He stops, and then slowly topples over, with a single bullet shot on his crotch.

The moral of the story? Doesn't matter how many planes of existance you can phase through at will, I will still shoot your dick off.

Sabby, you do many things, but shooting it isn't one of them.

Hemingway

And, like I figured it would, the Steam release of Medal of Honor was, ah, "updated". It says six days now, instead of twenty hours. Can't say I'm really surprised, but a little disappointed.

Brandon

Finished Halo Reach today. Once again, a good but not great game, Halo fanboy's should probably stop reading here. The key to making good sequels is to adjust or remove the old problems so they work better or aren't there to annoy the player and then add in balanced new stuff. Of course Bungie didnt follow that.

Once again, the warthogs handled like a shopping cart with cement blocks for wheels which really disappointed me after they cleaned up the driving in ODST. Likewise I know some of the weapons were problematic in previous games but they got nerfed into the ground this time (I'm looking at you assault rifle!).

Then the story which was barely there and impenetrable at the same time. I know that Bungie and halo games aren't known for story but my god it was just bad this time around. The only thing that saved that side of the game was the actually good characterization of Noble team. I felt like they were humans which usually isnt the case in Halo games or even most games.

Its still the best Halo game to date but that really isnt saying much.

Anyway, I dont know what Im going to play next. Maybe CiV
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Inkidu

That's kind of sad because the Halo universe is well-developed and rich, it would make fantastic story fodder. I mean seriously an Alamo-style shootout with a fanatical religious coalition of alien species. That's awesome! The fact that they make such standard un-enthused shooters with it is sad.

Meanwhile, Inkidu in anticipation of Fallout: New Vegas and Fable III had decided he's going to play every Xbox 360 game he owns in alphabetical order.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on October 09, 2010, 05:54:22 PM
That's kind of sad because the Halo universe is well-developed and rich, it would make fantastic story fodder.

I recall seeing actual novels set in the universe.   I wonder if any of them could be worked into a game storyline.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on October 09, 2010, 06:36:31 PM
I recall seeing actual novels set in the universe.   I wonder if any of them could be worked into a game storyline.
They tried that. There's a novel called Halo: The Fall of Reach which details more or less the same subject matter as the game. If not from the same perspective I believe. Game Informer said though that the characters of the Spartan team in Reach weren't as well-developed and real as they should have been. Not being a fan of Halo apart from its universe I can't really say myself. Bungie is not known for good characterization though.