What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLa Killer

FFXIII. Just got the game and it is pretty cool I guess. Don't really see what the whole big deal was about it.

Heaven Sent Blossom

Finally got hold of War for Cybertron, the three-player co-op is just rocking--even if I did have to battle like a lion to ensure that I got to play as Skywarp.

Wolfy

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on August 04, 2010, 07:08:19 AM
Finally got hold of War for Cybertron, the three-player co-op is just rocking--even if I did have to battle like a lion to ensure that I got to play as Skywarp.

360? o3o..You should hit me up sometime to play escalation or something..o3o

Swashbuckler

Everquest 2.

Again and again.

Although a friend and I are trying to beat Halo 3 co-op on Legendary.   Needless to say, it is not going well....*laugh*

Heaven Sent Blossom

Quote from: Wolfy on August 04, 2010, 09:48:37 AM
360? o3o..You should hit me up sometime to play escalation or something..o3o

Yeah 360.
I'm always down for shooting contrary giant robots in the face with like-minded giant robots so if you want to "holla at your boy" as they say, then hit me up. Gamer tag is in my sig---I think.

Inkidu

News From the Front: (A.K.A. My Rise of Nations game)

Today the North Koreans were defeated in the Inchon Offensive bringing the whole peninsula under the glorious banner of capitalism.
Operation Bay of Pigs went off stunningly stamping out communism in Cuba.
The police action taken in Mexico now has a more receptive government.
The Vietcong were crushed in a mighty U.S. offensive bringing the dominoes to a standstill.
The Soviets disarmed the remainder of their nuclear arsenal.

The brave boys of the army marched into India today to take it back from Soviet control. We're at war with Ivan.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Pixilicious

Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Brandon

I rented Blazeblue today, poped it in for about half an hour and loved every minute. Now I really like fighting games, but Capcom vs is probably my favorite series. However the music just makes this game so good I have a hard time putting it down ;D

If the Capcom series was Capcom vs everyone and it had this kind of music it would reach a level of perfection unachievable by any other game
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Falanor

Beat Red Dead Redemption.  Flipping between Mass Effect 1 and Fable 2. 

Koyume

Started playing Phantasmagoria of Flower View recently, but now I'm stuck on bloody extra mode.

Wolfy

http://kotaku.com/5597038/valve-bans-modern-warfare-players-by-mistake-apologizes-with-free-left-4-dead-2

I swear...Valve may be the best. company. ever.

What other Company would hand out not one, but TWO free copies of one of their games because of an error they made?..o-o..Valve is awesome. o3o

Also! More interesting news in gaming:

You got Donkey kong on this thing?

So yeah..apparently a boy's DSI XL was dropped into the Gorilla pit/cage..whatever...and well..the gorillas tried to play it! :D

Wolfy

Also..I'm playing Plants Vs Zombies now..

And, speaking of said game...

One of the best distractions to use on a prison guard turns out to be PopCap's Plants vs. Zombies.

That's right..Plants vs Zombies caused a Prison break. :D

Sabby

Gave Alpha Protocol a second try... glad that I did :) Sure, it's a bitch to play until you level up a few times, but it's the only game I've ever played where I felt like I had REAL choices! Enough so that I wanna replay. The games a freaking spider web of story paths, instead of a linear campaign with a few black and white moral dilemmas.

And Steven Heck is AWESOME!

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on August 19, 2010, 11:22:45 PM
Gave Alpha Protocol a second try... glad that I did :) Sure, it's a bitch to play until you level up a few times, but it's the only game I've ever played where I felt like I had REAL choices! Enough so that I wanna replay. The games a freaking spider web of story paths, instead of a linear campaign with a few black and white moral dilemmas.

*tackles Sabby* Where have you been, Mister? You got some 'splainin to do! o3o

Brandon

Quote from: Sabby on August 19, 2010, 11:22:45 PM

Welcome to the camp Sabby, a lot of people thought AP was a horrible game till they started playing it. It gets really good about the time you finish off your first global mission (Taipei, Moscow, or Rome). I love the game and have thus far replayed it probably 6 or 7 times

Although, Wolfy's right. Where have you been man?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Really now? I might have to think about picking it up..hmm...Well, it's either get That, Katekyo Hitman Reborn DS Flame Rumble XX, or The Halo Reach Wireless Headset...hmm..decisions, decisions...

Brandon

Well wolfy if you really like RPGs and like mass effect style cover systems, even more so if you like spy/undercover covert ops type games  then yes Alpha protocol is a great game. You can play just about any style throughout the game from a pistol wielding stealthy martial artist to a tech savvy shotgun wielding run and gun nut. Everything is workable once you get skills up high enough

If you're on the fence about getting it, rent it first and try it out everyone I know who did that has ended up buying the game later

Hemingway

I think people were disappointed by Alpha Protocol mainly because they were expecting it to be something closer to Mass Effect. AP plays more like a typical RPG. Once I got over that, it was a great game. A lot better than some games I could name, that still did way better in reviews and such. Damn you, critics!

It's no Mass Effect, though. Best. Game. Ever.

Literal Chaos

Hmm... Lately I've been rocking Ghandi's world on Civ IV, a friend just introduced me to something called League of Legends, I've recently re-discovered my love of Supreme Commander, and as always The Sims are there, waiting for when I need... fewer explosions.
Did I say irregular?  I apparently meant nonexistent.  Well, I'm back!  Newly improved with a 600% increase in stability!*
The Method of the Madness

*this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration
*six-hundred percent of zero is still zero

grayfoxz

Mhh iv'e been swappng a lot, battlefield bad company 2, secret of monkey island, killzone 2, uncharted (1&2)
a lot actually. :)

Wolfy

Well..o3o..

I'm currently playing MW2 and Halo 3...waiting for September so I can get Halo Reach and FFXIV. o3o

Buut..I'm also thinking about buying Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions and Front Mission Evolved in September too..

Then I'll have to pre-order Kinect so I can get that payed off in time for it's launch date. o3o..

Brandon

Ill be getting Front mission as well. Its one of the few Sqauresoft series that has stayed consistantly good (well ok I didnt play the 5th one cause I cant find a copy). Plus I love the tactical battle system of the game. That said, Im not sure how Ill view this new game which is supposed to be more cover system but Im expecting lots of giant robot smashing gun shooting wanzer blowing up fun!

grayfoxz

I was just playing secret of monkey island: special edition :D
finished it :)

Hemingway

Stalker: Call of Pripyat.

Story is awful, but the setting .. well, the setting is great!