You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:17:55 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]  (Read 258667 times)

Offline Wolfy

Re: What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]
« Reply #6325 on: August 27, 2012, 08:38:14 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lJk0idhG-qI#!

Huh...I just got an invitation to the closed beta for this.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #6326 on: August 28, 2012, 08:46:50 AM »
HEY SABBY

Official Tengami Gameplay Trailer

Does this tickle your fancy? :3

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #6327 on: August 28, 2012, 09:05:33 AM »
I'm still playing Arkham City.  I finally collected all the Riddler Trophies and all the side quests but the Riddler Hostage missions.  I understand you have to have every Riddler trophy to beat the Riddler, but do you have to do all the challenges as well?  If that's the case I may be in trouble.  I'm horrible at combos.

Offline HUSS

« Reply #6328 on: August 28, 2012, 10:13:01 AM »
Replaying Serious Sam 3. Nothing like some rungunfun. :)

Offline Rage

• The Hunter, Lord of Pain, Gentleman with a secret.
  • Restricted
  • Seducer
  • Location: You know that guy that follows you home at night..?
  • Lost in the Abyss of your heart
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6329 on: August 28, 2012, 10:13:59 AM »
After a few hours running around on Newgrounds

Sonic Boom Cannon 2

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #6330 on: August 28, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
I've started a new game in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. Crossfire is fun, but they're quite different.

I guess I might as well explain, in case anyone's considering getting either, but don't know which to start with. Crossfire is standalone, so BiA is not required to play. Crossfire is also a more linear experience, has a smaller world with fewer areas to capture, money's more scarce and so is good equipment. It's not really a more difficult game in any way, and in some ways it's even easier. Crossfire is better in some ways, because the areas are designed in a way that takes better advantage of the game's engine. Well, that's my opinion, anyway. In BiA, there are lots of large, open outdoor areas, while Crossfire has more buildings and urban maps, which makes it more tactically interesting. Crossfire also has a larger selection of mercenaries and weapons.

Still, it's a considerably shorter game ( It is technically an expansion ).

Anyway, I started playing Back in Action again, and I've done some things differently. I'm having a blast - again! It's even better this time than the first time I played it. In part because I started out with just two mercenaries - one really good, expensive one, and a cheap one. They've now been joined by a good marksman/explosives expert, and together they're tearing Arulco apart.

One thing I noticed is that things seem to progress more slowly now. Maybe it's because I'm doing everything faster - capturing more areas in fewer days. Well, I'm not complaining. In my first playthrough, I started coming up against high-level enemies very early, which made things very difficult early on. I'm not really sure why.

Anyway, that's enough information that nobody cares about, since I'm apparently the only person in the world who actually likes Back in Action.

Offline DevonFox

« Reply #6331 on: August 30, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
Just finished chapter 3 of the Walking Dead game on PS3. That game is MEEEEESSED UUUUUUP!!!

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #6332 on: August 30, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »
Guild Wars 2, Darksiders 2 and The World Ends With You solo remix for Iphone.

Offline SabbyTopic starter

« Reply #6333 on: August 30, 2012, 01:32:50 PM »
HEY SABBY

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Does this tickle your fancy? :3

*yawns* Oh wow, that looks great... the novelty of the setting is worth paying for and completing an entire game.

Lately, I've been considering upgrading my computer. I stumbled on this.

Borderlands 2 GeForce GTX PhysX Trailer

You get the game for free if you buy the NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 Ti. I have no ear for this stuff, so I just watched a few video reviews until I was pretty sure I understood. It'll take a month for me to save up for it, but damn it's powerful for the price. Plus I have a raging barbed erection for physics engines, and trying to picture the first Borderlands with all that yummy simulation stuff flying around in the thick of gun fights.... want. Want so friggen bad.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #6334 on: August 30, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »
I like the graphics card, though I wonder if I could fit two in my rig.  I have two AMD Radeon 6850s in there right now.

« Reply #6335 on: August 30, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »
You can have two? o.o

...why do I feel silly asking that? ^^'

Offline Life in Color

• Caradoc's Comic Goddess •The Cure to Writer's Block • E's Resident Comic Columnist • Wanderer of the Fade • Shameless Tease • Decidedly Distracting • Lover of Heroes and Villains • Pro-Mutant • #teamdreynastia #teamcap • #teamsupes •
  • Lady Mentor
  • Seducer
  • 🎶 Bite that tattoo on your shoulder 🎶
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #6336 on: August 30, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »
You can have two? o.o

...why do I feel silly asking that? ^^'

It's called cross firing, the latest generations of graphics cards can do it. Just make sure you have the right memory board, two of the same kinda of graphics cards, enough RAM to make it worth it.... And amazing cooling.

:)

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #6337 on: August 30, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
I have 4gb ram, 7 fans and a liquid cooling system.  I run most everything on full graphics.

Offline Estevia

« Reply #6338 on: August 30, 2012, 04:57:18 PM »
Currently I am playing Tera Online and Diablo III

What I can't wait to play (and waiting patiently for the release) is Resident Evil 6!

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6339 on: August 30, 2012, 05:02:37 PM »
I have 4gb ram, 7 fans and a liquid cooling system.  I run most everything on full graphics.

*peers in, fascinated*

Liquid cooling system?  How's that work?  You have little water pipes running in and out of your machine?

Offline Melthin

• I am one who is many. What facade do you wear this day?
  • Lord
  • Orgiest
  • Shall we play a little game?
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6340 on: August 30, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »
Persona 4 Arena and Final Fantasy 6 while I wait for Borderlands 2. I can't wait to run around as Zero and see what the deal is with that Mechromancer class ^^

Offline Brandon

« Reply #6341 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:35 PM »
Ive been playing some blacklight retribution. Although its arguably pay to win it doesnt seem that way just yet.

Although if I have one major gripe about it its that hardsuits (big mechs you can pilot and mow people down with) are to cheap. In most game modes people just grab them as quick as they can, then you have to spend your currency on anti armor weapons or hardsuits to counter them. So halfway through a game you have 2 sometimes 3 people sitting in a hardsuit on one objective and thats really hard to counter unless you have very specific equipment

I like the idea of hardsuits I just think 1300 points is to cheap for how much power they have and how much counters you have to buy to take them out

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #6342 on: August 31, 2012, 11:01:09 PM »
*peers in, fascinated*

Liquid cooling system?  How's that work?  You have little water pipes running in and out of your machine?

It is a self containing device and the tubes are in the tower itself.  Tomshardware.com should have some very good articles and such on them.  I recommended them to hardcore gamers or those looking into gaming on pc with dual graphics cards.

I am waiting for my big ass chest for borderlands 2 and the mecromancer class will probably be released a few days after the game goes live.  It is dlc that you get for free if you pre-order the game.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:06:00 PM by SinXAzgard21 »

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #6343 on: August 31, 2012, 11:37:44 PM »
So guys, guys!!!

It's been announced that there's going to be a Metal Gear Solid Movie, and the same producer who gave us "The Amazing Spiderman" is signed on for the project.

Could this possibly be...the first good video game movie adaptation?

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #6344 on: August 31, 2012, 11:40:31 PM »
Good luck casting Snake.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #6345 on: September 01, 2012, 06:03:11 AM »
I guess David Hayter needs to start working out.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6346 on: September 01, 2012, 05:43:27 PM »
It is a self containing device and the tubes are in the tower itself.  Tomshardware.com should have some very good articles and such on them.  I recommended them to hardcore gamers or those looking into gaming on pc with dual graphics cards.

I am waiting for my big ass chest for borderlands 2 and the mecromancer class will probably be released a few days after the game goes live.  It is dlc that you get for free if you pre-order the game.

A few years ago, I had to get a new machine because of overheating issues.  Iit would bluescreen almost every two hours during the summer, but never during the winter.  The tech support people I took it to couldn't make heads or tails out of it, since they worked in air conditioned rooms.

« Reply #6347 on: September 01, 2012, 05:45:53 PM »
Andy went all Nostalgia Mode on me from some Command and Conquer pack Dx Every game ever. I noticed there was a shooter in it, and mentioned I hadn't played. He went ballistic and forced me to.

I like it :3

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #6348 on: September 01, 2012, 06:53:03 PM »
Command & Conquer is ... nostalgia?

I still play the hell out of the original! It's the best RTS there ever was!

Renegade ... could've been better. It's a little too silly for my tastes.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #6349 on: September 01, 2012, 07:26:12 PM »
A few years ago, I had to get a new machine because of overheating issues.  Iit would bluescreen almost every two hours during the summer, but never during the winter.  The tech support people I took it to couldn't make heads or tails out of it, since they worked in air conditioned rooms.

Well normal cases you get from the store only have one vent wish in in the back where the stock fan usually is.  I have two fans on bottom of my comp, two in front, two in back and two on one side along with the cooling.  My comp doesn't get above 55 Celcius and that is even running it x-fired with a heavy graphics game running.