You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 04:01:08 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]  (Read 258766 times)

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]
« Reply #2275 on: February 26, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »
Actually, as long as you keep your steam-ID and it's password, you can download Steam games that you've bought anytime to any computer. o3o
Yeah, but there's also the problem of: I have a limited monthly allowance on internet that I have to share (ten gigs) with other people. Which I'm hoping to get the consensus that they'll let me use the remaining five gigs (we just got ten this month) to use on the Dragon Age 2 demo on Steam.

Also my computer is five years old and only had a ram upgrade and some graphics processors put in last year.

And the computer is a dying platform. Gosh I wish I could just hurry up and graduate from college so I can get a job, move out, and get some cable internet. :(

The good news is I've pretty much learned how to calculate byte consumption.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #2276 on: February 26, 2011, 07:24:22 PM »
Oh god. Bulletstorm is KILLING ME.

"I think I do ..."

"As long as you do it quietly."

OH GOD.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #2277 on: February 26, 2011, 11:07:56 PM »
Oh god. Bulletstorm is KILLING ME.

"I think I do ..."

"As long as you do it quietly."

OH GOD.

xD Yeah.

So..Hemingway...Ya wanna make out? Come on..two rough, military dudes, snuggling out their woes in an elevator in a totally hetero way...

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #2278 on: February 27, 2011, 07:42:20 AM »
Gray is one of the cooler characters I've seen in an FPS. That speech/insane rant when they're about to crash was pretty epic.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #2279 on: February 27, 2011, 08:43:38 AM »
Teehee...

"I named him Wallington P. Tallylicker...and I never got to tell him. T_T He will be missed."

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #2280 on: February 27, 2011, 09:35:45 AM »
I'm just worried I'm going to keep playing, and the game will end.

My only complaint ( and it is a very minor one ), is that the points you get from skill shots don't seem to be that closely related to the difficulty of pulling off such a shot. Getting a Hotshot / Bluff kill with the sniper is way easier than, say, a Gunslinger skill shot with the revolver ( which requires you to kill more than one enemy, on top of everything ), but unless I'm mistaken, they're worth the same amount of points.

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2281 on: February 27, 2011, 02:18:15 PM »
I'm worried that Bulletstorm is just going to be absurdly short. I just want Dragon Age 2 to hurry up and get here. Lady Hawke is supposed to be generally hot from what I've read.

There we go. Fist it was the FemShepard, now it's Lady Hawke. Which is a throwback I'm sure. :)

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #2282 on: February 27, 2011, 02:47:50 PM »
Bulletstorm's campaign is supposedly 9 hours long. I reckon I'll finish it in about 7!

Female Hawke is also nothing like female Shepard, at least not according to my impression of her in the demo. It's the voice. Unlike FemShepard, she sounds ... soft.

Online Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2283 on: February 27, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »
Bulletstorm's campaign is supposedly 9 hours long. I reckon I'll finish it in about 7!

Female Hawke is also nothing like female Shepard, at least not according to my impression of her in the demo. It's the voice. Unlike FemShepard, she sounds ... soft.
They all can't be Jennifer Hale.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #2284 on: February 27, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
They all can't be Jennifer Hale.

Well, have you heard what she sounds like? I'm reminded of Leliana, only slightly tougher and with no accent. But still not what I'd call intimidating, as she should be ( or at least have the option of being! ). I was disappointed, frankly. With both. Male Hawke's problem is just that the voice is so forgettable, though. I always imagined he'd sound like Duncan from DA:O. Probably because they've both got awesome beards.

Online Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2285 on: February 27, 2011, 05:55:59 PM »
Well, have you heard what she sounds like? I'm reminded of Leliana, only slightly tougher and with no accent. But still not what I'd call intimidating, as she should be ( or at least have the option of being! ). I was disappointed, frankly. With both. Male Hawke's problem is just that the voice is so forgettable, though. I always imagined he'd sound like Duncan from DA:O. Probably because they've both got awesome beards.
Don't let the demo ruin your whole experience. Heck from what you say they don't even let you customize Hawke. (Which I'm sure BioWare would not leave out)

There's worse V.O. out there.

Offline Wolfy

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #2287 on: February 28, 2011, 06:13:39 AM »
Also, Poor Aussies...you won't be getting Mortal Kombat, unless they re-work it. :/

Offline Brandon

« Reply #2288 on: February 28, 2011, 06:31:21 AM »
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108040-Metroid-Motivates-Woman-to-Cosplay-After-Mothers-Death

:D Nice story.

Do not open that link! When I did it took me to the escapist and then I had a virus attack my computer from some link off of it

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #2289 on: February 28, 2011, 06:42:58 AM »
:/ That link is perfectly safe, as is the Escapist. I don't know what happened to you, Brandon.

Offline Brandon

« Reply #2290 on: February 28, 2011, 06:53:02 AM »
What happened was I opened it, it pulled up what looked like the escapist with a few pictures of a Samus aran in the blue skin tight suit. Then the site automatically opened up a new window and a virus hit my PC. One of those that claims it will run a free system scan for you and wont let you close out till you accept. I had to control alt delete and then restart my PC to get out of it. I only had that page and elliquiy open at the time, and I doubt it came from elliquiy

Im not saying you did that on purpose, I just felt a warning needed to be given before everyone opened it.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #2291 on: February 28, 2011, 06:56:07 AM »
I could have possibly been one of their advertisements...I have Adblock Plus, so I don't get them.

Offline Brandon

« Reply #2292 on: February 28, 2011, 07:16:35 AM »
Could be. Regardless people know what to look for if it happens to them now, so no worries

Offline SabbyTopic starter

« Reply #2293 on: February 28, 2011, 07:49:18 AM »
Also, Poor Aussies...you won't be getting Mortal Kombat, unless they re-work it. :/

This is why I have a mod chip. I'll get MK no problem.

Offline BeaconOfSpirit

« Reply #2294 on: February 28, 2011, 08:55:44 AM »
I am going retro today, and playing Tetris, on my original "heavy enough to be used as an impromptu mace, ugly and blocky as hell, and outdated technologically on a scale comparable to the abacus" Gameboy.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2295 on: February 28, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »
Does 'blocky as hell' matter much for Tetris?

:D

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #2296 on: February 28, 2011, 10:39:02 AM »
Dad Plays Portal - Part 1

Dad plays first video game ever..Portal. :D

Teehee...

There are 3 more parts to this video. :p

Warning: Wolfy is not responsible for any frustration you feel after watching this video. :p
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:43:17 AM by Wolfy »

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #2297 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »
Oh..my...Jeebus.

Adventure Call - Get Troll

Hilarious. xD
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:56:56 AM by Wolfy »

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #2298 on: February 28, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »
I hope Bulletstorm gets more multiplayer modes. I'd gladly pay for deathmatch DLC, or something. Anarchy mode would probably be tons of fun, except playing a mode where you absolutely have to cooperate and coordinate your kills to maximize your points ( which is the only way of progressing ), is next to impossible with three strangers and no communication.

Online Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2299 on: February 28, 2011, 03:30:09 PM »
I beat Enslaved yesterday. Wow. That was an awesome ending.