You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 12:01:42 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]  (Read 258232 times)

Offline Hemingway

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1450 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26:10 AM »
Didn't Gothic 2 include actual sex scenes, or am I thinking of some other game? I could swear they reviewed it on X-play back in the day...

Yep. Sonya, I think, down by the harbor. Good times ...

Offline SabbyTopic starter

« Reply #1451 on: November 03, 2010, 08:48:04 AM »
And yet San Andreas get's all the flak...

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #1452 on: November 03, 2010, 08:58:33 AM »
Wasn't that because San Andreas had 'hidden' it with that 'hot coffee' hack?  I haven't looked at the back (or even the front) of Gothic 2, so I don't know what it admits to in the warnings.

« Reply #1453 on: November 03, 2010, 09:13:54 AM »
Little tidbit of knowledge here, it's harder to remove something from a game then it is to bury it. They were adding the sex minigame, decided not to use it, and instead of deleting it, which can cause lots of issues, they just left the coding there but removed it from the game.

It took a hack and a modded console (If you had the Xbox version) to get to it.

Online Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #1454 on: November 03, 2010, 09:39:15 AM »
Oh yes.  Especially when a program gets as complex as a video game.  Frankly, I thought the 'hot coffee' scandal was blown out of proportion because you had to do something that the game wasn't supposed to allow on a console that had been tampered with in order to get to the 'bad stuff'. 

Offline msa24680

• There's no need to complicate. Our time is short. This is our fate, I'm yours.
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Like a bad star, I'm falling faster down to her.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1455 on: November 03, 2010, 11:34:05 AM »
Hey, new to the conversation, but I'm mainly playing Fable 3 and Mafia 2 right now.  :)

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1456 on: November 03, 2010, 03:22:39 PM »
I love the Laser RCW and duh it stands for Really Cool Weapon. I even have a recycler for mine so every for shots definitely yields a case I think. Get me some other stuff and I can press up some EC packs in no time.

Online Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #1457 on: November 03, 2010, 03:33:59 PM »
I love the Laser RCW and duh it stands for Really Cool Weapon.

Ah, so it's like BFG.  :-)

Offline hntergren

« Reply #1458 on: November 03, 2010, 04:37:52 PM »
Didn't Gothic 2 include actual sex scenes, or am I thinking of some other game? I could swear they reviewed it on X-play back in the day...

I don't think Gothic 2 had an actual sex scene. You might be thinking of The Witcher?

Yikes. Things I'm playing:
PS3 - Spider-Man:Shattered Dimensions
PSP - Ys Seven
DS - Suikoden Tierkreis (why, Konami? Why? ;_;)
PC - Starcraft 2. <_<
PS2 - SMT: Devil Summoner 2 - Whateverhisnameis vs. King Abbadon.

Offline Kaiser Maverick

« Reply #1459 on: November 03, 2010, 04:51:55 PM »
I don't think Gothic 2 had an actual sex scene. You might be thinking of The Witcher?

PSP - Ys Seven
PC - Starcraft 2. <_<
Maybe Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #1460 on: November 03, 2010, 09:45:30 PM »

PSP - Ys Seven
PC - Starcraft 2. <_<

It might be that.

I know it was with a prostitute.

And no, it wasn't San Andreas..it was a Swords and Sorcery kind of game on the PC. I don't think it was the Witcher, though, because there you only collect playing cards with nude women on them.

Offline Brandon

« Reply #1461 on: November 04, 2010, 09:43:28 AM »
well while I love the decked out laser rifle I got a plasma rifle last night (had the only mod for it forever) and now Im switching weapons. Funny thing is Im like level 12 and I havnt even gotten to new vegas to find the guy in the checkered coat. Much like fallout 3 I just like walking around and exploring the wasteland, although F:NV isnt as friendly with free roaming as F3 was

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #1462 on: November 04, 2010, 10:38:46 AM »
well while I love the decked out laser rifle I got a plasma rifle last night (had the only mod for it forever) and now Im switching weapons. Funny thing is Im like level 12 and I havnt even gotten to new vegas to find the guy in the checkered coat. Much like fallout 3 I just like walking around and exploring the wasteland, although F:NV isnt as friendly with free roaming as F3 was

Wait till you have to get 2000 caps to enter New Vegas....or get a Passport thing...(I went with 2000 caps..cause it doesn't tell you where to get the damn passport)

Offline Tonalberry

• Hey There Little Red Riding Hood, You sure Are Looking Good
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Patron Saint of Lazy Bastards
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #1463 on: November 04, 2010, 12:25:18 PM »
Wait till you have to get 2000 caps to enter New Vegas....or get a Passport thing...(I went with 2000 caps..cause it doesn't tell you where to get the damn passport)

I can't quite remember if I'm right in this, but in one of the shops in Freeside, I think it is, where you have two different guys, one sells guns and the other sells clothes and armor and such, I believe the guy who sells armor and clothes and other survival stuff also makes passports.  I remember buying one, even though I didn't really need it since I had the money.

Offline Brandon

« Reply #1464 on: November 04, 2010, 12:55:17 PM »

2000 caps is easy. I actually have around 17k right now because whenever I go to buy/sell I go to Novac and then play Caravan with the guy till I get all my money back

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #1465 on: November 04, 2010, 06:30:35 PM »
On just roaming around in New Vegas, anyone else find that the Mojave seems pretty tame compared to the Capital Wasteland? And even more so compared to the wasteland in the older games?

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #1466 on: November 04, 2010, 06:41:22 PM »
So..I'm cruising around steam, ya know, waiting till tommorow when I can pre-order black ops from it and start it downloading so it's ready to go by tuesday ( cause 24gb on this connection is gonna suck like hell)

And..what's that? Two games are free to play this weekend? You mean they aren't demos, but the full game?

....I think I want to marry Steam now.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #1467 on: November 04, 2010, 06:59:22 PM »
Wolfy, Steam has free weekends for various games all the time. I agree with you, though. I too have a Steam fetish.

Offline Brandon

« Reply #1468 on: November 04, 2010, 10:54:56 PM »
On just roaming around in New Vegas, anyone else find that the Mojave seems pretty tame compared to the Capital Wasteland? And even more so compared to the wasteland in the older games?

I fully agree. The way the NV map is built you usually get into these corridors as youre walking through the wasteland and this makes attack usually only come from 1 of two directions. Then there seems to be very little respawning enemies around most civilizations. If you take out a group of Gecko's theyre down for most of the game (if not the whole game). NV just doesnt seem dangerous or realistic when you walk the wastes

« Reply #1469 on: November 04, 2010, 11:00:33 PM »
And there's not enough robots. And the Ironsights move too much even when your skilled. And companions don't effect your Sneak Skill. And there's no minimap. And you can't kill kids. And the VATS action cam isn't always good.

I'm complaining about a video game =D It's so fashionable!

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #1470 on: November 05, 2010, 12:05:54 AM »
I fully agree. The way the NV map is built you usually get into these corridors as youre walking through the wasteland and this makes attack usually only come from 1 of two directions. Then there seems to be very little respawning enemies around most civilizations. If you take out a group of Gecko's theyre down for most of the game (if not the whole game). NV just doesnt seem dangerous or realistic when you walk the wastes

Some people prefer that realism..:P

Anyway..been playing FFXIV..and I must say, even on low settings..the game is damn beautiful. O-o

« Reply #1471 on: November 05, 2010, 03:47:04 AM »
Vanquished. It's a mans game.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #1472 on: November 05, 2010, 05:32:32 AM »
Vanquished. It's a mans game.

Then what are you doing playing it? *Nudges* xD

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #1473 on: November 05, 2010, 09:37:44 AM »
Hmm..I was planning to buy Black ops for Both Console and PC...Console for my friends on there, and PC for my friends on here...but now I'm not sure. xD

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #1474 on: November 05, 2010, 12:52:08 PM »
And there's not enough robots. And the Ironsights move too much even when your skilled. And companions don't effect your Sneak Skill. And there's no minimap. And you can't kill kids. And the VATS action cam isn't always good.

I'm complaining about a video game =D It's so fashionable!

I don't appreciate your sarcasm, Sabby! It makes me want to get my stick! My big stick! The wasteland is a lot tamer, and I think that's a very valid criticism. Or, not exactly a criticism, because maybe there are those who appreciate it. But it is pointing out my preference. I could point to all the things that make it seem so, but that would be somewhat useless. Bottom line, it doesn't feel like you're wandering a wasteland with scattered oases of civilization.

Wolfy. Ask yourself this: if your friends want to make you play an FPS on a console, when you could be playing it on a computer. With a mouse. Are they really your friends?