hosting pics for plots

Started by The Dark Raven, May 30, 2009, 11:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

So I have a slight problem...

I have borrowed some images from the inspirational thread and would like to host them so I may link them in my Ideas thread with story ideas included. 

Are these already hosted somewhere that I may borrow the link for, or do I need to upload them to the wiki for hosting?

If I need to upload them to the wiki, are there size guidelines for pics (height/width...I save everything as a png file)?

Thanks!

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

jouzinka

Well, you can of course "borrow" the original link (though most people don't like the so called hotlinking and may block it or delete the image, so you'd end up empty-handed), wiki seems like a good idea, though I'd think of a free hosting where you can create your own album, return to it at any time to add something, sort the pictures as you wish and the like. Tinypic or Photobucket sound good to me...
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

The Dark Raven

Why I was asking about the wiki was because some images may not be completely tame...and that is frowned upon in places like photobucket.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

jouzinka

Ahaaaaaa, I see. :) Well, then I'll shut up, 'cause I don't know a damn about that. ;D

The Dark Raven

*giggles*  Thanks for the info tho :-)

Bliss

You can totally upload them to the wiki. Let me know if you need help with the mechanics of it, or tagging their category. :)
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Desan

Quote from: jouzinka on May 30, 2009, 12:07:26 PM
Ahaaaaaa, I see. :) Well, then I'll shut up, 'cause I don't know a damn about that. ;D

I'm sorry I had to lol on that one.
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

jouzinka

Quote from: Sir Desan on May 30, 2009, 02:49:33 PM
I'm sorry I had to lol on that one.

Aye, personally you can call me The Blonde. :P

Desan

And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

consortium11

There are also some adult imagehosting sites you can use. Off the top of my head there's both (NSFW) imagefap and messyshare.