You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:30:10 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Buddy List  (Read 595 times)

Offline Avis habilisTopic starter

The Buddy List
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:02:54 PM »
So just what is adding a person to your buddy list supposed to do anyway? I've got a few people on it & the only thing I've noticed so far is that their names are bolded in the list of people currently online that appears at the bottom of the main forum page. Am I missing something?

Offline Maeven

Re: The Buddy List
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »
That's basically it. *nods*

And then there's a little tab on their online status indicator. 

Offline Valerian

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »
If you look at your profile, you should also have the option to Edit Buddies on the left hand side.  That brings up a list of all members on your buddy list.

Offline Xillen

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 03:05:09 PM »
That's about it. On the Who's Online list, you can notice by their monitor shifting slightly to the right.

Offline Maeven

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 03:19:33 PM »
That's about it. On the Who's Online list, you can notice by their monitor shifting slightly to the right.

You know, I never noticed that! Nifty.

Offline Avis habilisTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 03:28:31 PM »
If you look at your profile, you should also have the option to Edit Buddies on the left hand side.  That brings up a list of all members on your buddy list.

I did spot that, thanks. I just wondered if there was some other function I was missing, like a speed-dial for PMs. Although I guess jumping to your buddy list does close enough to that.

Oh, & thanks for pointing out the indicator changes, Maeven & Xillen. Hadn't noticed that before.