You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 10:35:34 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: oWOD Mage, SW, superhero, historical (M/M, M/F, other)  (Read 1562 times)

Offline grdellTopic starter

oWOD Mage, SW, superhero, historical (M/M, M/F, other)
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:53:14 AM »
Note: My posting rate is far from frequent or, for that matter, consistent. Please keep in mind that I may do four posts a day or one a week (or even longer).

Not accepting new stories at this time.

If anything here interests you, please send me a PM rather than replying here and we can talk it through and see. Please check my O/O's first, though. Also please do not be offended if I decline - I am very picky about my writing partners.

All of that said...

Settings I like to play in:

Important note: with all pre-established settings, I play original characters ONLY. Do not ask me for a story with canon characters. Canon characters are fine for our originals to interact with, but I will not RP one, nor do I want my partner to.

Old World of Darkness - Mage: The Ascension

I was excited at first when the nWOD came out. Then I read through the new Mage rules and almost got sick. OWOD Mage is SO much better. If you agree, and would like to come up with something freeform (I don't think that a two person game really needs character sheets and dice, do you? - it's more about the setting than the mechanics, really), please let me know. Mage: The Ascension is one of my favorite RPGs EVER, and I hardly ever get a chance to play it.

I don't have any characters in mind, really, and can come up with something to fit. While I would prefer M/M, I could be persuaded to do M/F (note that it would be easier to persuade me to do M/F if I'm playing the F) with the right ideas.

Firefly/Serenity (M/M or M/F)
Only one of the greatest sci-fi shows ever to have too short a run. I have a character in the form of a male registered companion that I ran with for a little while in a group game, but my horrendous record with group games bit me in the end, like it always does, and I couldn't keep up. I wouldn't mind playing him in a one-on-one game, though.

Dark Superhero (M/M only)

I was never a big fan of golden age comic stories and heroes. Everything so squeaky clean. I prefer grittier, darker stories. I have a superhero character that I came up with for a Mutants & Masterminds game a friend was running that sort of became a favorite of mine. He's called "Firebird" and has fire/phoenix*-based powers. He's got a dark past and a rough life. He is also strictly gay. I'd like to use him again in a story, but have no particular plot in mind.

* - Not like Jean Grey's Phoenix. Like the mythical animal phoenix. And an extensive backstory based on said powers and their relationship to the mythical animal.

Ancient Rome/Greece/Egypt

I don't really have an idea for a story, I just want to do something in this era... It could be 300-ish or Clash of the Titans-ish or Spartacus-ish or just something new and original.

Star Trek

TNG or DS9 are my faves, but I'm always up for some Trek! ;)

Potterverse

I decided to give it a try in a one-shot to see if I liked it and it turns out I do!

Story ideas:

Yes, my Lord/Lady (M/M/F)
I haven't exactly picked an era in English history yet, but I'm thinking early 19th century, maybe? Still up for grabs, time-wise.
An arranged marriage isn't really working out terribly well for either party. They can barely stand to be around each other, and not only have separate bedrooms, but separate wings of the manor house. Enter into this hostile environment Jeremy, a startlingly handsome new junior footman. He dare not refuse any order given him by the Lord of the house, nor the Lady, and so submits to both of their advances in the bedroom, becoming the lover of both, even though neither knows of the others' activities. (Or do they?) So what is he to do when both demand his presence on the same evening?

This could be with only two players - one playing the couple and the other playing Jeremy; or with three players.

~ This idea is on hold. I may resurrect it at a later time. I am leaving it here so I don't forget it.

More to come! When I think of it...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:33:47 PM by grdell »

Offline FlaminGlory

Re: grdell's story ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 05:39:27 PM »
I rather like the first idea.

Offline Kunoichi

Re: grdell's story ideas - M/M, F/M
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »
That 'Detachable Penis' idea sounds really interesting. ^^;

Online Doomsday

Re: grdell's story ideas - M/M, F/M
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:57:00 AM »
Dinner Party looks interesting. I'd be interested in playing the female, if that's fine.

Offline grdellTopic starter

Re: oWOD Mage, SW, superhero, historical (M/M, M/F, other)
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 06:58:57 PM »
Extensive reworking and new ideas added.

Offline Rainbowtech

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 08:53:52 PM »
ed be. Story? Totally negotiable. This character is totally straight in my imagination. I simply can't put him with another guy - it just doesn't fit. So this will be one of my rare M/F stories with me playing the male.

Dark Superhero (M/M)

I was never a big fan of golden age comic stories and heroes. Everything so squeaky clean. I prefer grittier, darker stories. I have a superhero character that I came up with for a Mutants & Masterminds game a friend was running that sort of became a favorite of mine. He's called "Firebird" and has fire/phoenix-based powers. He's got a dark past and a rough life. He is also strictly gay. I'd like to use him again in a story, but have no particular plot in mind.

I love dark and gritty superhero tales, and I have a few ideas for gay super heroes. I just would need to know the mutants and masterminds rules before I would actually be able to create a character. I've never used M&M before, but would love to give it a try.

Offline samantha_cs

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 01:49:34 PM »
Old World of Darkness - Mage: The Ascension (M/M or M/F)

I was excited at first when the nWOD came out. Then I read through the new Mage rules and almost got sick. OWOD Mage is SO much better. If you agree, and would like to come up with something freeform (I don't think that a two person game really needs character sheets and dice, do you? - it's more about the setting than the mechanics, really), please let me know. Mage: The Ascension is one of my favorite RPGs EVER, and I hardly ever get a chance to play it.

I don't have any characters in mind, really, and can come up with something to fit. While I would prefer M/M, I could be persuaded to do M/F (note that it would be easier to persuade me to do M/F if I'm playing the F) with the right ideas.

oWoD Mage is my favorite RPG ever, and I'd love to do an M/M RP in that setting.