The Shimmering: Western/Fantasy? (Predators & Disruptor needed)

Started by Oreo, May 08, 2009, 01:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elunari

Hey Oreo, this looks like a fun idea and I'd be game to be your other Disruptor if its still open.  And maybe an Ordinary gal or gunslinger if I can have more than one character in the game?  PM me if you like and I can get cracking on some bios.
Ons/Offs                                 Plots and Desires  Updated 8/29/14!                               Absences/Apologies

The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it's like to live without it.

Elunari

Character Name:  Velvet

Appearance: 
If a well off lady of the night decided to take up gunslinging, you likely ran into Velvet.  She dresses better than those kinds of ladies, and if not for the rough boots and swords she likely would have been mistaken as such.  She looks to be in her early twenties still, her skin toned and bronzed from years in the sun.  She stands at just about six foot even, making her a bit intimidating.

Personality:  Velvet is an odd one, even among the Predators.  She often has a childish smile on her face as if she were just a girl or maybe just not all there.  Most of the time she just seems to look right through everyone as if they don't exist, but when she gets mad there is a sudden focus within them that's just damn unnerving when she'd been a docile empty headed female a moment prior.  But the oddest thing of all is that Velvet is mute.  Or at least that's the assumption as she never talks, though some say they've heard her make various noise from gasping to growling.  She isn't the least bit shy, but she doesn't attempt to mingle with folks either.

Faction: Shimmering Kingdom/Predator

Equipment: Blades, lots of blades.  A least six blades are hidden on her person at any given time.  A knife in her boots, disguised stiletto in her hair, a dagger strapped to her thigh.  The only blades always seen are the twin swords strapped across her back.  She has the knowledge to use a gun, but doesn't opt to carry one unless absolutely necessary.

Abilities/Skill/Style:  Velvet likes to get upclose and personal when killing.  And damned if that girlish grin of hers isn't on her face every time too.  Velvet doesn't dally or delay the inevitable.  Once her prey is brought to bay she simply kills it without a flicker of emotion crossing her features.  She's good at what she does, but for some reason if you asked her opinion about her skills she'd simply point to another Predator indicating they're far better than her (even if she did beat the pants off some of them at one point).

Short History:  Velvet's origins are unknown.  At the assumed age of 8 she was left on the doorstep of an orphanage in a velvet dress with a note pinned to the collar that read: "I can bear my Sin no longer."  The matron named the girl Velvet Sin when she couldn't coax a single word from the child.  Not her age, her parents, nothing.  It didn't take long to realize the potential power she wielded and she was immediately 'recruited' like so many others that become Predators.  Velvet learned quickly, too quickly and it set her apart from the rest.  She wasn't so much highly intelligent as she was highly adaptable.  It took only showing or telling her something once in order for her to memorize it.  The first time she went beyond the Wall they sent her with a partner as no one expected her to come back despite her skills, figuring she didn't have enough common sense to survive.  But to their shock (and horror) she returned a month later with the heads of two Slingers, one of which had gained a reputation for being too fast to kill. Her partner retold the events of what happened and swore he'd never be her partner again because she quote "freaked him out".  Needless to say she earned her right to be a Predator.
Ons/Offs                                 Plots and Desires  Updated 8/29/14!                               Absences/Apologies

The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it's like to live without it.

Douma

A corrupted innocence...

Character Name:  Sati

Picture

Appearance:  Steel encased in velvet, Sati gives no impression of intimidation at first glance. Small at only a couple of inches past five feet, seemingly fragile in her porcelain skin and childlike with her delicate features is the woman who possesses powers that others envy, fear and desire. Though diminutive, her limbs are sleek and her curves feminine rather than tomboyish. There is a defiance in her lambent golden eyes - a trace of a willful thread that weaves throughout her core. The rich copper of her long, thick hair only hints at the fire that smolders within this woman, held in check due to the rigid control all Disruptors must have.

She tends towards clothing that is revealing, yet still manages to convey some tiny level of modesty and naivete due to her natural bearing. Always in bare feet within the Tower, her choices often lend her a very slave or harem girl impression, because she enjoys the freedom of movement found in such flimsy garb.

Personality:  Soft-spoken, Sati is not one to raise her voice unless needed, but the tones manage to carry despite the lack of volume. She is an observer, a listener and ruthless when the situation calls for it. The sight of such a tiny creature wreaking so much damage and havoc upon her enemies is enough to give most pause, for whispered rumors to spread, and she takes advantage of the fact that she appears harmless with an efficiency that's well-hidden beneath the winsome smiles. Yet, there are other depths to her that few will ever learn...

Faction/Ranking:  The Shining Kingdom / Disruptor

Short History:  Sati was whisked away to the Tower at a very young age, showing distinct promise in her deep affinity for the arcane. Memories of her past life have all but faded, leaving her with only a singular keepsake to bind her to her mother and father - an intricate golden medallion that always adorns her neck.

It was a touchstone for those memories as she was raised to learn the ways of a Disruptor, until that was all she knew. The teachings, the focus and the inevitable conflict of power with other Disruptors became the sole facets to her life, leaving her ignorant to the world beyond the Tower. It was a lonely existence, leaving her with little choice but to trust no others but herself and those devoted to serve the Tower.

She grew into a very capable woman that could disarm anyone with her childlike, innocent appearance, leaving others to greatly underestimate her. Though she never took the offensive when it came to other Disruptors in their fight for power, her manner of defense was a swift, brutal and ruthless retaliation that left no chance for a repeat occurrence. She was powerful, and while it was never a fact flaunted, it was still a fact. Sati was a survivor, but a reserved one. If others left her be, then she would do the same. Should they ever cross that line...
“Choose silence of all virtues, for by it you hear other men's imperfections, and conceal your own.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

Ons and Offs ~ Musings ~ Dreams

Oreo

They all look good, I am going to open the OOC In about an hour. If you can post your profiles there, then I can get started on the actual RP either later tonight or early tomorrow.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oreo

A LINK TO THE OOC THREAD HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE OPENING POST HERE. PLEASE MOVE YOUR PROFILES TO THE OOC. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PM ME OR ASK THEM HERE UNTIL ALL THE PROFILES HAVE BEEN ADDED. ONCE YOUR PROFILE HAS BEEN MOVED, FEEL FREE TO BEGIN PLAYING.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Oreo

We are in need of a couple of Predators and possibly a Disruptor. Please leave a post or PM me if you are interested.

Drake Valentine

Predators? Hum, idea seems interesting to say the least. *Idly brushes some of his untouched and unposted creations.* Tempting.. ^^

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Oreo

Would love to have you Drake. Let me know. ;) I am also looking for an extra Disruptor, to create a power struggle withing the Tower.

Drake Valentine

Alright, give me some time to muse and I should have a bio up sometime by tonight. ^_^ *Shuffles off to work on charie.*

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Drake Valentine

Character Name: Unknown - goes by aliases such as Wolf and The Red Headed Devil
Appearance:
(( Rough Draft, will be extended ))
First glimpse alone can bring a holy man passing judgment, the righteous to blatantly believe that there are such things as devils. Wolf can easily arouse such assumptions from the very crimson locks of medium length hair, dousing themselves over his face; each strand distinctly cut to give him quite the exotic appeal. The left flank of his cheek is exposed, where one will find a scar racing down over his useless, exposed, gray eye. Much is left unknown with the corresponding cheek, as the hair along it keeps what may lay beneath concealed from view.  As for much of his face alone can give off a predatory look from the glimpses of arch, bushy, crimson brows, and the cold stare which radiates from his empty, visible eye.

Height wise, the Wolf stands at a fair five feet and nine inches, perhaps not the tallest of men out there, but he is content with being amongst the average. His body is of a medium build, fit with muscles through his years of training after leaving the tower, awarded by battle scars all abound  upon his form, one could say that Wolf isn’t the most dashing of individuals once one takes off those layers of clothes. Injuries from swords, form bullet wounds, stand as medals of honor along his lean and muscular figure. His lower body harboring similar injuries, but they are less in comparison to what his chest and back hosts. A glimpse of some of those injuries alone can lead one to see that this is indeed a man whom at many times crossed the line between life and death.

Clothing wise, his attires always fall in the variety, it depends on what his mood is feeling most for. Though depending on the attire, his equipment may come to be displayed out in the open or shrouded. Mostly one may find him dressed in a duster of some color, blacks, grays, or even a dark brown and usually he wears other colors from his pants or shirt to compliment his duster of choice. If he isn’t seen in a duster, then one can easily find his long machete bound along his lower waist line, clothed in a leather casing, the handle of it rugged from use. Normally the duster itself would shroud it from view, but Wolf has no care should it be openly displayed and from looks alone, it seems to be his only weapon. Furthermore he adorns simple ebony formal wear shoes; for his own reasons.

Personality:
Deranged. Meet the tower’s more dark side of underlings, Wolf meets the criteria of psychopaths with golden stars. If there is one thing that turns him on more, then it is the sight of blood, the heat of a battle, and at those times even he has hard times to decipher friend or foe. The only act of life that Wolf knows if that of fighting, he takes pleasure when others are hurt, when his foes are slowly dying at his feet. He takes utter joy and taking advantage of those whom can’t fend for themselves at times, usually this criteria falls into the poor misfortune, maidens. Due to many of his actions in towns outside the Tower, the rumor to one of his aliases was spread. From those whom witness his brutal methods of fighting, his morbid antics of even going as far to further gore his kills by disemboweling his opponents. If there truly existed a Devil, then many would say that Wolf is such a fiend. Even the title Wolf is fitting to his name, as he is a loner, often going out and doing whatever he sees fit, not holding himself to any other rules from Predators and loosely does he follow Disruptor laws. Fortunately, the Disruptor in which Wolf works under has taken an interested in the psychopathic man’s antics and this alone can spell further trouble to any Gunslingers, fellow Predators, or civilians that may rouse that lust of blood that Wolf harvests.

Faction/Ranking The Shimmering Kingdom/Predator (And some say Devil)

Equipment: A single machete and also a set of metal chains, but who knows what they are for, other then him, eh?

Abilities/Skills/Style: Wolf’s fighting style may come off as unorthodox compared to most Predators these days, and usually some may even question if he is a Predator at all. Though fighting itself has become an art for Wolf, one he has refined, and not with just a blade, but also with his entire being; using a variety of punches, kicks, and even throws. He has challenged many with weapons while refusing to draw his own blade, of course, he isn’t as foolish to openly fight people with firearms. Still, over the course of years, his hand to hand combat techniques increased, especially when he started aiming for Predators to duel with. His battle style can easily change with the situation he finds himself in, he is a tactical fighter and very rarely these days he will result into withdrawing his machete. For Wolf to remove such a weapon, an opponent should take it as a compliment on their behalf for the man to become serious.

Short History:
((I fail at histories. T_T ))
Unknown at best. Over the course of years there have been stories developing of a strange red headed man whom fought against opponents with his bare hands. Usually these are tales that originate from local bars, where drunkards would find themselves beaten to a bloody pulp and after awhile, many of the taverns start sharing similar tales. It is unknown if these rumors spread from travelers, still the tales of the Red Head Devil exist today.

Wolf is the Tower’s dark secret, he comes and goes at a fly when reporting to his Disruptor and over his course of history he contributed greatly to those stories within a pub or brothel or even streets of a random town in which he may wander within. In his life he came across many opponents, some in which he nearly met his end in confronting. Thus there has been plenty of near death situations in which he was fortunate enough to survive from or escape. With his years, there is no doubt he possesses plenty of interesting tales in regards to raiders, slingers, fellow predators, and other civilians. Still, Wolf isn’t one to openly disclose his past much with anyone, choosing to be more of a closed book.

Just know that if one passes through a town that happens to speak of a Red Head Devil rumor, chances are it holds some merit to it and there is a high possibility that Wolf has shown his face in that area.

Oreo

Crovonovin

Glad to have you on board!  Feel free to jump right into the roleplay with your introduction.  If I recall correctly, there is currently a train with two Predators on board already, so you could play off of that and have him being sent on a similar assignment as the rest.