A Fallen Angels Sanctuary (Toxic Relationships, crime, high society, dark story)

Started by Samael, May 06, 2024, 12:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samael

Some angels fall, some saunter vaguely downwards, and yet others dive into the depths willingly.

And then there is me. Welcome to my realm. I am Samael.

A little bit about me:
I am used to roleplay in various formats for the last two decades. Be that in IRC, instant messenger, discord and forums, so I have a bit of experience, but I freely admit, I love to learn new styles of writing and see how different people approach themes. I am smackdab in the middle of Europe, and my working times tend to be rather exhausting, which means there can be a day or two or more when I am just too burned out to write. The greatest chance for me to write is on weekends, when I can settle down and my brain isn't burned out from the daily grind, although I'll write whenever the muse bites me. So expect the unexpected!

As a first step I suggest a glance at my, you guessed it, On & Offs, which should should do a good job introducing you to my characters, the things I like and the ones I don't. I am rather easy going, so outside of the standard stuff, there is little that really makes me take a step back.

English is my second language, so I will probably make a mistake here and there. I hope you won't mind that. I am also always open to suggestions and take any help to get better at it. I have a great love for the English language, which is why I prefer to write in it instead of my native language.

I'm also going to preface this thread by saying that I am looking for really dark storylines, and look for people who can match that, or even push things further than I had envisioned them. This is fantasy, and, within rules, naturally, it is fun to safely enjoy all kinds of crazy storytelling and kinks. The usual rules, regulations and such apply here, of course.

The greatest pleasure I feel is if someone surprises me with where they take stories, so I also look for someone who isn't passive. I like to communicate about the story, where it could be going, what is to be expected, and what limits are desired, of course. Communication is key, here more than anything.

I will happily take the reins as Semi-GM, who moves the story forward, but I love it when my writing partner actively works with me, and tells me what they look for.

Any picture I may put up can be considered a suggestion, but not a must-use. It is usually just supposed to set the story, to indicate what kind of direction I'd like for characters to go. An inspiration. In the same vein I am rather open to using a character picture / face claims you may find pleasing. I am rather adaptable.

I also love detailed descriptions. The shift of sinews along a forearm, the bounce of an adam's apple, as a character swallows. The scent of their aftershave in the air, the pearls of perspiration upon their chest. The gleam within eyes as blue as the sea and as ravenous as a sharks hunger. I love it when scents, sounds, smells and physical reacts are given the air to breathe. It is sexy as hell to be given a real, detailed body to look and play with.

Stories I am looking for currently

"Toxic relationship squared"

Setting: Early 90s New York

Various criminal organisations vie for control of the city's seedy underworld. The cops are paid off, the officials look another way, and all under the surface, in the dirty, dark alleys and hidden underneath respectable bars and restaurants, deals are made. Millions exchange hands. Drugs, weapons and other illegal objects are freely traded between those who have the money or the access.

And in the middle between gang wars, glamorous parties and the addiction of the high society to ever greater entertainment, a man named John Marino is leaving his mark. (I shall play this character). Owner of a state of the art bar in Manhattan, he established himself within a few years as a go-to person for celebrities and their friends. There is no drug, no vice, and no pleasure he cannot provide for those who have the money to pay for it.

When he doesn't throw parties in his penthouse, or invites the crème de la crème to special occasions in his club, he can be found in the back of his empire, handling matters that are not for the delicate to know about.

Coming from a poor family, John had to claw his way up, inclusive getting rid of his former boss and taking over his business. To ensure the same does not happen to him, he is known to be generous to those loyal to him, and merciless to those who try to betray him.

Naturally he couldn't have achieved the rise into fame and power on his own. The person he has to thank for that is his bodyguard, first lieutenant and personal assassin (this is your character). His #1.

#1 is everything an up and coming mob boss can ask for. She is confident, fucking efficient and violent. She is arrogant, a sadist (and masochist) and clearly psychopathic. If there is a shred of empathy within her, it is not to be found in this life or the next. She is also helplessly addicted to drugs, alcohol and pain.

John is her employer, her drug dealer and her lover, all wrapped into one neat package, and the more he hurts her, the more she loves him for it. Quite frankly, she is more than a little broken, and it shows. But when she isn't going about to murder people in cold blood, she is at his side when he visits galas and parties. She sits next to him, while he speaks with politicians, makes deals with rivals and allies alike. She is his #1 and he leaves no doubt about it to anyone.

To say they are toxic for each other would be an understatement. It is merely a matter of time until they kill one another, but what a show it will be, eh?

Naturally this role will need a player who is eager and interested into really climbing down into the depths of depravity. Someone who will enjoy to play a broken sociopath, immersed in the depths of the criminal underworld and at the side of a man who'll only make her worse instead of better.

But oh, what fire there is in their unusual and extremely acidic and passionate relationship.

A few more photos for the mood and give a direction of purpose for the character designs.

I need to stress that these photos are well liked, but they are suggestions. I am more than happy to look at different character photos for both, as long as they convey the general atmosphere.

If you have an interest, please send me a PM. Do not answer in this thread.
On & Offs | Looking For... | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Sparking angel, I couldn't see, your dark intentions, your feelings for me
Fallen Angel, tell me why? what is the reason, the thorn in your eye?
I see the angels, I will lead them to your door

"Within Temptation - Angels"