Notifications

Started by Shewolf, August 02, 2023, 02:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shewolf

Yes! It has happened again. ;D
(This time it took them two years.)

My provider added webmaster@elliquiy.com to the spamfilter again.
I nipped it in the bud and immediately mailed and they have corrected it on their end.

:D Please, please, PLEASE (with rainbows) do not put me on the list for staff to turn off my notifications again because it is fixed. :D

Hamlowe

I'd be curious to hear who your provider is and how you got this nipped in the bud! I haven't gotten any email notifications since yesterday. Nothing going to junk, either.

Beguile's Mistress

My notifications have dried up, too.  No PM notifications or post notifications.  No a huge problem but frustrating and irritating!

Shewolf

Quote from: Hamlowe on August 02, 2023, 07:35:03 AM
I'd be curious to hear who your provider is and how you got this nipped in the bud! I haven't gotten any email notifications since yesterday. Nothing going to junk, either.

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on August 02, 2023, 08:09:21 AM
My notifications have dried up, too.  No PM notifications or post notifications.  No a huge problem but frustrating and irritating!

For me this used to be an annual thing where my provider (A Dutch one) would bounce the mail back, which puts E on some kind of black list because they supposedly are sending out unwanted mail.
So I e-mailed my provider to make sure they fixed it. They replied that e-mail should be coming through without a problem, so maybe it's not that problem this time. ??? (This is my third run with this.)
Staff here will also get get a request from Veks (presumably) to turn of the notifications and basically override my settings so that the mail doesn't keep bouncing until it is fixed.
It has happened twice that I had it fixed, everything worked again and then someone from E finally got to the task of turning off my notifications and me having to explain again that it has been fixed and turn that on again as well. Hence my (hasty) conclusion and action of thinking this was another case of spamfilter horror.
But now it seems others too are having issues and what I said above might not be the case at all. ;D
Funsies!

Beguile's Mistress

Google is my email provider.  @gmail.com

I did check my Spam folder and there is nothing there.

Hamlowe

For the record, My email is iCloud and I'm having the similar problem of nothing showing up either in my inbox (where they used to show up) or the junk box (where there's certainly plenty of junk!)

Shewolf

It seems we're all waiting for someone from Staff to help us out here. :-)

Until then:

Here's something to pass the time

Nephos

I was coming here to make a similar post. Yahoo is my provider and they were hours behind yesterday, but today I am not getting any.

Beguile's Mistress

In the past, when this kind of thing happened, it was not the email provider that was the problem.  In my 14 years here this has happened 5 or 6 times and Veks has managed a fix.  I'm hoping he can do it this time, too.

Britwitch

Have given Veks a boop to look into this from our end. ;D

Current status : Selectively seeking new stories

Beguile's Mistress

You are appreciated, Britwitch!  ;D

Vekseid

Someone was clogging the queue. >_>

Have performed queue plumbing.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. : )

Regina Minx

I had a few emails hit my inbox about a minute ago, catching me up on things that were posted and replied to and messages received that I didn't get notifications on.

Beguile's Mistress

Notifications are populating my email account as we speak!  :)

Vekseid

There were a couple thousand messages in the queue so it may take an hour or so for it to get through them all.

Hamlowe

Thank you Vekseid! I have indeed gotten all of the emails I was expecting to have received earlier.

Shewolf

Beguile's Mistress

Thank you for all your help.  Trapped in a nursing home as I am it helps to have things working so I can keep in touch!  ;D