You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 12:03:20 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Lost Legions (OOC/Discussion)  (Read 7318 times)

Offline Desan

Re: The Lost Legions (OOC/Discussion)
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 09:23:20 AM »
I think it's interesting to start after the defeat. No one came back but nothing can be said on when and where a small group of disbanded soldiers died. And there were survivors, at least from the accounts I read.

The battle is the battle at Teutoburg. You can read about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Teutoburg_Forest. This places us in 9 AC, under Octavianus Augustus.

To sketch the story, we could start by running away, fighting with some German scouts, then finding by chance a Roman Villa (a farm essentially - not too likely to find one there..) where we could play a last stand - organizing the defense from storming German troops.

The finding the villa sounds tempting, but I was hoping what would happen would be like we were split amongst the chaos, somehow found each other one by one (or in pairs) and we moved "behind enemy lines" to get back to rome, always on the run, with some hiding here and there. Most of it would be stealth, with sneaky kills and such. The women, if any, would be german women who sympathized with us and helped us escape, hell a few of us could be wounded and they'd nurse us back to health (again if any women are still interested in playing.)

As for the ranks/positions I think we should get those hammered out later, once we figure out the backbone of the story at least. That way, when the backbone is created, the whole ranking and "I'm higher than you" persona could be placed accordingly.

Offline Lyrus

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »
My ideal would be a sort of running behind enemy lines, trying to get back to OUR lines, sort of thing. Along the way the story could manifest, thoughts, doubts, etc. etc.

Offline Christa

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 11:41:10 AM »
I would love to play a native woman used as a slave or concubine...if you're still willing to have girls.

Offline Desan

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 02:08:56 PM »
My ideal would be a sort of running behind enemy lines, trying to get back to OUR lines, sort of thing. Along the way the story could manifest, thoughts, doubts, etc. etc.

You have the idea now. Though our lines would mean getting back to rome since our legions have been annihilated. Know what I'm saying?

And we're always looking for more women.

Offline Praxis

• Don't worry loves. The cavalry's here.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • "Be a dissident. Who ain't kissin' it."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 02:30:22 PM »
I would like to be a veteran soldier/scout.

Please and thank you.

Offline Desan

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 02:34:13 PM »
So:

Lyrus-Veteran (Flag holder)
Desan-Recruit (infantry)
Ender- Veteran (Scout)
Aiden- Veteran
Federico- ?
Kroduk- Recruit

(I'll work on the women later once we figure out roles/whether or not we're going to be all together when we run or if it's better for us to split up then regroup)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 04:33:55 PM by Sir Desan »

Offline Kroduk

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 04:32:38 PM »
That's quite a few vets. Guess it maes sense that they'd have a better chance of survival. But yeah. Kro=recruit.

Offline Desan

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »
updated.

Possible women interested:

daylily
Thaleia
Anthea
Christa McGinn

I'll pm them in a few for confirmation if they are still interested or not =]

Offline Federico

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »
"the highest-ranking officer next to Varus, Numonius Vala, abandoned the troops by riding off with the cavalry; however, he too was overtaken by the Germanic cavalry and killed"

Hm, I could play a cavalry soldier - an eques. Horse lost, and ashamed for having been in the fleeting party. Could be a young one. So that makes him Cavalry - Recruit.

Offline AidenTopic starter

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 05:10:35 PM »
Nice all the roles seem to be falling into place pretty well, for the male characters anyway.

Desan is Pm'ing females interested, so I guess we can have separate sections for the "adult" oriented pairings for those who wish to lead it that way.

I see a "main" thread for the general story, my view it is like the movie "Crash"...in the end it all fits together, but I do want to keep the sex scenes in a different section.

Offline Desan

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 05:55:58 PM »
So:

Lyrus-Veteran (Flag holder)
Desan-Recruit (infantry)
Ender- Veteran (Scout)
Aiden- Veteran
Federico- Recruit (Calvary)
Kroduk- Recruit

updated

PM'd the women to see who's still interested.

Offline Desan

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 05:56:39 PM »
Nice all the roles seem to be falling into place pretty well, for the male characters anyway.

Desan is Pm'ing females interested, so I guess we can have separate sections for the "adult" oriented pairings for those who wish to lead it that way.

I see a "main" thread for the general story, my view it is like the movie "Crash"...in the end it all fits together, but I do want to keep the sex scenes in a different section.

I like that concept and think that may be the best way to play this out.

Offline Anthea

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »
I'm still interested !!!
No problem at all for a German lady. I'd like her to become a companion/lover of a veteran (it's something I've never really experienced until now), if, of course, one of them wants her.

Offline Duchess

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »
what roles tyou have open for the
 females?

Offline Duchess

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 07:24:06 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Rome

are u going to use these laws for the roman females?

Offline Desan

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 07:35:11 PM »
we're not going to be that specific or keep that close at least I don't think so.

As for roles...just pitch a few you think you'd like to try out in this RP and we'll discuss it

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 08:16:57 AM »
I'm still interested, Des.

And are we talking camp followers or Germanic natives (Celts) here?  History geekage ftw, but I need to know which angle I'd need to research. ;-)

Offline Lyrus

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 08:35:05 AM »
Camp out in open, evade enemy men searching for you, women and followers taggin' along, what's not to like?

Offline Desan

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 11:11:33 AM »
I would believe germanic celts since we are need to travel through germanic tribe territory.

*Peeks around for Aiden's confirmation* xD

Offline AidenTopic starter

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 11:15:07 AM »
Denied, all women will be robotic celtic clones with high weaponry attachment in the intimate areas.

*Kidding!*

Offline Desan

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 11:21:30 AM »
...with high weaponry attachment in the intimate areas.

*Falls out of his chair laughing*

Offline Anthea

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »
Good Lord !!!!!
*ROFLHAO* (while she still has it...)

Offline Desan

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 02:52:47 PM »
Ok so are the women in agreement that it's alright if they play german (celts) to say the least?

As for their roles I have

Anthea: German companion/lover with one of the men.

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 03:03:33 PM »
Denied, all women will be robotic celtic clones with high weaponry attachment in the intimate areas.

*Kidding!*

And, frankly, that sounds fun.  XD  Jeeeez.

Ok so are the women in agreement that it's alright if they play german (celts) to say the least?

As for their roles I have

Anthea: German companion/lover with one of the men.

Wherever you need me...lol
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 03:04:43 PM by daylily »

Offline Christa

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »
I would also like to be a companion/lover or concubine of one of the men, if that's alright.

And I'm a history major, although I don't know a lot about Rome.