Call of Cthulhu - "First Night" Interest Thread (Sorority sisters/sleepover/EX)

Started by Arcanist, December 05, 2022, 08:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcanist

First Night

The Roth Manor is located West of Arkham, just outside Aylesbury, Massachusetts. As the senior members of Berkshire University’s Pi Delta sorority, you have the privilege of spending the first night in the newly purchased chapter house. The manor is beautiful inside and out, consisting of three stories over a raised basement encased in rare woods and intricately carved ornaments. Impressive fireplaces were brought in from around the world, and sienna marble columns grace the entrance hall. Stained glass surrounds five sides of the octagonal mahogany staircase, illuminated from above by a large octagonal skylight.

The manor’s design is Victorian, but the combination of materials, cast iron galleries and complex roof system tie it to Chateauesque, a style based on French Revival. Clearly, the architect put his own twist on the style with irregularly shaped stone in multiple colors, steeply peaked roof lines, sculptural chimneys, Tudor arches, and carvings of animals and people everywhere.

Everyone sets up their sleeping bags in the library, thoroughly embracing the slumber party theme. The only exceptions are the house mother, Ms. Bates, and sorority president Debra who have both decided to each take one of the upstairs bedrooms. Ms. Bates says it’s because her back won’t last the night on that hardwood floor, and while almost certainly true, everyone knows that she absolutely hates the music that the girls listen to these days.

Debra says that she has always wanted to sleep in a canopy bed, but the rest of you suspect that it has more to do with her thinking that she’s better than the rest of you. The first few hours are relatively tame, with board games and several spirited rounds of charades, but once the house mother goes to bed at 10 PM sharp, the real party starts. By 10:30 PM, the music is cranked, the cherry schnapps is poured, and a joint is being passedaround. It’s not long before a pillow fight inevitably breaks out in the library to the 1979 hit “My Sharona” by The Knack.

During the melee, one of the girls stumbles into the wall next to the fireplace and accidentally grabs one of the old gas lamps. There’s an audible click, and the painting above the fireplace swings open to reveal a secret cubbyhole behind. Inside is an old, hand-carved witch board and planchette. As a thunderstorm kicks up outside and the candle lights flicker, you lay the board on the floor in front of the fireplace to have a better look.

The dark wood is polished to shine, and the planchette looks as if it’s carved of deep green stone that is so silky to the touch that it’s almost impossible not to caress it.

The Game
Just posting an interest thread for a one off game of Call of Cthulhu. As above, victims, I mean players play sorority sisters who dabble and "accidentally" summon the unknown. This will be an Extreme game and may involve player death, NC, Horror and typical extreme themes of what one would expect. Of course I am open to things PCs may be interested in. I will be using Call of Cthulhu 7th edition rules and looking for 5 players. Post interest below and pitch an idea of who you want to play and limits. Character Creation will come later.

I am sure many would have questions. Post your questions on this thread or PM me. I intend to start just before Christmas, but will break for the holiday period. I do encourage players to roleplay their part and contribute to the story. Posting frequently to be at least twice a week.

Thank you.
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Miroque

throwing my knickers to the ring! Got my intrest in Chutulu..and system game.. but WOW. Sororiety game in CoC...

Blackjack

So, not played the tabletop before but am very interested to try and more than willing to watch videos/wiki it all to please the Old Ones.

And as for my lady,

I'll be Marie-Claire 'Mazzie' Hudson, looking to graduate with an arts major. From Fresno, California, she's a fairly introverted person, happy with her own company, but isn't the type to just shy away from social gatherings. Vegetarian, although she was vegan for a week from the new year, she is friendly and was long considered the ideal babysitter from her little suburb.

Arcanist

Thank you for all of your interest. So could all of you, for the moment, just fill the below information

Name:
Faceclaim: (No anime style pictures please)
Major:
Personality:
Short History:
Kinks/Ons:
Offs:

(Also PM me on what you would like to possibly happen to your character)

Later I will ask all of you to create your characters. I also have some pre-generated ones that can be modified for use to your character concepts i.e. Art major, Athletics scholarship, Language Major etc

Beorning

My question: what is our characters' sorority like? Are we talking about, say, a stereotypical group of elitist party girls? Or something else?

I'd appreciate help here, as sororities are something I only know from American movies and TV...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Arcanist on December 06, 2022, 06:23:58 PM
Thank you for all of your interest. So could all of you, for the moment, just fill the below information

Name:
Faceclaim: (No anime style pictures please)
Major:
Personality:
Short History:
Kinks/Ons:
Offs:

(Also PM me on what you would like to possibly happen to your character)

Later I will ask all of you to create your characters. I also have some pre-generated ones that can be modified for use to your character concepts i.e. Art major, Athletics scholarship, Language Major etc

You want us to post our profiles here? Or PM them to you?

Miroque

And follow up question:

What is the year in the game? 2022? 1921? 1951? something compleatly different ?

Yours,
Miroque

PS: My application is baseline: foreign exchange student form europe. Majoring in (depends on the timeline)...

Arcanist

Quick reply:
Miroque - Year would be 1990s
Callie Del Noire - post information in this thread and PM me what you would like possibly happen to your character)
Beorning - Sorority - Not so much elitists. A typical sorority house, if that makes sense.

Callie Del Noire

Name: Emerald Anne Dante
Faceclaim: (Jessica Nigiri.)
Major: Theater Arts (special effects)
Personality: Bubbly and outgoing, anime otaku.
Short History: Growing up as a dedicated otaku, she discovered Cosplay at age 8. By 15, she had a following online of 100,000 followers online. She peaked for quite some time around that number and was inspired to improve her skills in costuming, prop manufacturing and make up, so picked a degree in Theater Arts and works extensively in the campus theater.
Kinks/Ons: Extremely curious about sex (Lesbian but Bicurious), switch, light bondage.
Offs: underage, bathroom games, vore, extreme bondage

ElayneTrakand

Ooh! Looks fun! If there is room for one more,

Name: Lauren Tiner
Faceclaim: Amanda Seyfried
Major: Dance
Personality: Upbeat and genuinely kind to everyone around her
Short History: Lauren was part of her high school cheer team and is now a part of her college dance company
Kinks/Ons: Non-con, bondage, choking, public use, forced nudity
Offs: Mutilation
A&A's

"When at 15, my girlfriends started dropping out of their beloved sports teams, because they didn't want to appear muscle-y, when at 18, my male friends were unable to express their feelings, I decided that I was a feminist." - Emma Watson

Beorning

Questions, if you don't mind! :)

Quote from: Arcanist on December 06, 2022, 10:29:09 PM
Miroque - Year would be 1990s

So... no cellphones or Internet?

Beorning - Sorority - Not so much elitists. A typical sorority house, if that makes sense.

Heh. As I said, I only encountered sororities in American movies and TV (they are non-existent where I live) - and based on them, the "typical sorority house" *is* elitist ;) So, I'll require some help here...

Callie Del Noire

Early cell phones, some internet. High speed started around ‘95 or so

Beorning

True. But it was a different kind of Internet than today... for once, it looked way crappier  ;D

Also, there was no social media, so I'm not sure that fits your character, Callie?

(not dissing or anything, just noting the discrepancy)

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire

Beorning

Seriously? I thought FB killed it completely...

Anyway, please help me out re: sororities. Do they all engange in humiliating hazing of pledges? What kind of people do they attract? As I mentioned, my reference pool includes movies and stuff like the Crazy Sorority Girl Letter (which was a real-life thing... but was it representative of what's going on in these groups?).

Callie Del Noire

They did some crazy hazing but the 90’s were the time when the consequences starting hitting home. I recall one frat getting sued into bankruptcy around’96 for lying to the cops about the cause of death.

ElayneTrakand

Quote from: Beorning on December 07, 2022, 12:18:24 PM
Anyway, please help me out re: sororities. Do they all engange in humiliating hazing of pledges? What kind of people do they attract? As I mentioned, my reference pool includes movies and stuff like the Crazy Sorority Girl Letter (which was a real-life thing... but was it representative of what's going on in these groups?).

There really is a spread. I'm currently a college student, and some sororities still very much do the go run naked across the street, get the leadership to O, hazing stuff. Those ones are more on the elitest side and go sleep with all the frat boys/eachother at parties, write racial slurs on walls, have a white face party etc. While others are more hey, we just work on maintaining x culture such as the Jewish frat/sorority. Some of my friends are in a sorority that plays dnd as a group. So there really is a spectrum even at the same school.
A&A's

"When at 15, my girlfriends started dropping out of their beloved sports teams, because they didn't want to appear muscle-y, when at 18, my male friends were unable to express their feelings, I decided that I was a feminist." - Emma Watson

Arcanist

Hello Everyone, I just noticed I made a mistake. It is in the Fall of 1980. So unfortunately, although there is the internet, most would not have access to it. Mobiles are nice chucky bricks :) Modern technology makes it harder for Call of Cthulhu adventures, especially the internet. However, in saying that, if this adventure is a success, there are going to be sequels to this. Call this adventure the first in a series.

There is a chance that your character may lose their sanity, die or both. I would like to make this clear. However, it does not mean that you leave the game straight away. I may need your help in other ways. It only means that you may need a new character for the next series of adventures if you so decided to join in.

I will post once a week until at least after the holidays. I will then increase it to twice a week, If you are unable to post, or wish to leave, please post on OOC (which I am going to start one) or PM me. Would really appreciate that. I am not in the States so I live in the future :) I may not be able to answer questions straight away but will do so as soon as I can. However, if I do forget, please PM me.

I do have a few requests
1. If you wish to play a language major, send me a PM
2. If you wish to play a foreign exchange student, send me a PM
3. There will be some encounters with the Supernatural. There will be encounters which would be sexual in nature and in some cases extreme. If you have misgivings about it. I would need you to have a discussion with me.

I will see what the interests are like on Monday and the characters that have been put forward.

Miroque

Name: Katariina Kivistö
Major: Physics and Math
Personality: Silent and bit introvert
Short History: Exchange student from Finland. She got an stipend to join University, on her prowess in Judo.
Kinks/Ons: NC, Bondage, Humiliation, Beastiality
Offs: Gore (in sexual situations), Vore
GM note: PM send

Miroque

@Callie Del Noire: Year 1980, not many Otakus in western world and absolutely zero celeb cosplayers...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Miroque on December 08, 2022, 12:48:06 PM
@Callie Del Noire: Year 1980, not many Otakus in western world and absolutely zero celeb cosplayers...

I know darn it. She’d be a lonesome fan girl waiting a decade for fans.