Paul Pelosi is undergoing brain surgery after being attacked in his home.

Started by Vekseid, October 28, 2022, 04:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

The White House has released a press statement.

Quote from: The President is praying for Paul Pelosi and for Speaker Pelosi’s whole family. This morning he called Speaker Pelosi to express his support after this horrible attack. He is also very glad that a full recovery is expected. The President continues to condemn all violence, and asks that the family’s desire for privacy be respected.[/quote

The attacker was screaming for Nancy, who was in D.C. with her security detail (as #3 in the line of succession).

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.

Nyela

Definitely hope he recovers quickly and the nitwit who did this to him gets put behind bars for a long long time.
Clear Skies and Safe Flying!

Oniya

The attacker has been charged with assault and attempted kidnapping - I'm presuming from the wording that the kidnapping charge is in reference to Nancy, as it talks about 'a United States official'.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/man-charged-assault-and-attempted-kidnapping-following-breaking-and-entering-pelosi-residence
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nyela

I heard the same thing from multiple sources. Someone even said that he was in the country illegally but I haven't been able to find evidence that part's true.

Oniya

He apparently has estranged family in British Columbia, and was listed on San Francisco voting records as a member of the Green party.  I don't know how those records are populated, but it implies that he was registered to vote.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Nyela

Gotcha. yeah I had a feeling that was false since I wasn't able to verify it. I have so many things I wanna say but I'll be nice

Oniya

Paul Pelosi has been released.  While he's still under a doctor's care, subsequent to the surgery on his skull and right arm, the doctors are expecting a full recovery. 

Following up on the earlier post, it appears that the DHS has confirmed that the attacker entered the country on a 6 month visa, and has been here for over a decade.  He faces deportation to Canada after the verdict and any sentence.

Nyela

So glad to hear that Mr. Pelosi's been released! Sending all positive things his way for a full recovery.

As for the nitwit who did this, I hope he doesn't see the light of day outside of a prison for a Long Long time