PM messages

Started by Lady Sakura, July 10, 2022, 01:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Sakura

Hi!

Random question - don't know if it's somewhere else but I had an issue with PMs yesterday, is there a max of how many PMs you can have in your inbox? I had a user say they tried to message me yesterday and site told them that I couldn't receive PM's. So I was curious. Since others messaged me with no problem, I tried to see what the issue might be and couldn't figure it out. I deleted a few messages and they were able to reach me with no problem, So again was curious if there was a cap on inbox messages.

Thank you for your time and answers.

Chasing Dreams

I don't think there is a limit. Did you accidentally block/ignore the member?
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Chasing Dreams on July 10, 2022, 01:23:24 PM
I don't think there is a limit. Did you accidentally block/ignore the member?

I checked that list and it was empty - However, I've only just met this user in a game so I didn't think that would have been the issue. My option, in messaging - was anyone could message me except those the block/ignore.  I was able to communicate with the user with no problem but only after I initiated a PM to them first and at the same time they got back to me when I deleted to messages (currently I'm at 2025).

Is there another option or place I should be looking?

Daeva

I am not 100% certain, but fairly sure there is no limit as myself have almost 11K PM's in my inbox as I never delete anything.
Absences Updated 6/15/22 Selectively Accepting New Stories
Ons and Offs & Current Story List | Desired RP's

Kakihara

Quote from: Lady Sakura on July 10, 2022, 01:27:18 PM
I checked that list and it was empty - However, I've only just met this user in a game so I didn't think that would have been the issue. My option, in messaging - was anyone could message me except those the block/ignore.  I was able to communicate with the user with no problem but only after I initiated a PM to them first and at the same time they got back to me when I deleted to messages (currently I'm at 2025).

Is there another option or place I should be looking?

I wonder if they might have you on their ignore list, because I think that's the only way, unless they have their one set to not be able to pm anyone other than buddies and such.  That's the only time I've had issue with PMing people is if you or they have you on the ignore list if you have 'Receive personal messages from' set to receive from all but those on your ignore list.  They may want to double check they didn't accidently add you to the ignore list when clicking on you.  But if it's listed for both of you to receive PMs from everyone but those on your ignore list and neither of you have one on the ignore list... not sure.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: kakihara on July 10, 2022, 03:44:14 PM
I wonder if they might have you on their ignore list, because I think that's the only way, unless they have their one set to not be able to pm anyone other than buddies and such.  That's the only time I've had issue with PMing people is if you or they have you on the ignore list if you have 'Receive personal messages from' set to receive from all but those on your ignore list.  They may want to double check they didn't accidently add you to the ignore list when clicking on you.  But if it's listed for both of you to receive PMs from everyone but those on your ignore list and neither of you have one on the ignore list... not sure.

I don't have anyone on my ignore list and when I messaged them; I was able to get a message back almost immediately. So not sure if it was a glitch. I'll have to check with them make sure they didn't accidentally put me on their ignore list - cause I only met this person recently.

Cold Heritage

Do you have your PMs set so that you can only receive them from buddies, maybe?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Cold Heritage on July 10, 2022, 04:35:37 PM
Do you have your PMs set so that you can only receive them from buddies, maybe?

Nope it was set to "Receive messages from all members except for those on my ignore list" Ignore list has been empty.

Kye

PM storage is unlimited, so it likely has nothing to do with the number of PM's you have (I have almost 25k.)  Might have just been an odd hiccup. 

Kuroneko

Quote from: kakihara on July 10, 2022, 03:44:14 PM

I'm the user Sakura was trying to PM, and nope, my settings are open. As Kye said, it was probably just an odd glitch.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh