You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 28, 2023, 07:45:40 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Searching within a topic  (Read 535 times)

Offline FourStellarTopic starter

Searching within a topic
« on: December 03, 2021, 02:44:03 pm »
Once a thread gets enough posts (replies) the "All" goes away and it is no longer possible to use a browser's search feature to find specific words within the story. Elliquiy's search feature returns everything within a board. Is there a way (even if it's a hack) to narrow an Elliquiy search to a particular topic by ID?

Offline Flower

• Hot Mess | Face Collector | Matchmaker | DKBB | TTRPG Nerd | Fanfic Connoisseur | She/Her
  • Centurion
  • Carnite
  • As Mortals Do
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Searching within a topic
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 02:57:49 pm »
Have you tried searching inside the search bar feature while in the thread? For example, if I search for the word 'dog,' in my finders seekers thread, it'll only bring back results from that specific thread.

Offline FourStellarTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 03:18:52 pm »
Not sure how I overlooked that. Thank you so much, Flower!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 03:20:05 pm by FourStellar »

Offline Geraint

• RomanceCrack Dealer and Propagator of Plot Bunnies (when the spirit moves) Dispenser of Doggerel       and Cunning Linguist
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Location: Someplace Out of this World, be it Historical, Hysterical, Fantasy, Modern, Romantic, or Truly Twisted
  • There's no rush ... but I can't wait
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 11:10:37 pm »
If you re searching a thread with very long posts, it can be quicker to click the "print" button at the top of the thread and then  press the "control" key and the "f" key together anywhere in the text input that is displayed.  That opens a small search bar at the bottom left of the window where you can input your search term. Using the up and down arrows on that search bar you can go directly to each instance of the search term without having to scroll endlessly.