I'll give you the pitch of this great game, and then my personal experience.
What is Goal Line Blitz?
Goal Line Blitz is a web-based American Football MMORPG. We've written a custom football simulation engine to provide you with the ultimate football experience on the web.
Do you love fantasy football? Ever wished you could play with the pros? Join other football fans from around the world in building the player and team of your dreams, right here.
* Create a custom player, at any position on the football field, and assign any name you want
* Train your player from the ground up to be the type of player you want
* Gain experience from playing games to improve your player's abilities
* Sign with teams from around the world and negotiate your contract
* Create custom signature equipment
* And much more!
Own a Team
* Manage every aspect of a football team
* Set ticket and concession prices
* Improve your stadium with new seats, sections, and amenities
* Sign, cut, and trade players
* Set game-by-game strategy
* Play to win the league championship
* And much more!
Well I joined Goal Line Blitz last march, and I've been a feverishly loyal player since then. I've played other MMORPG's before, and got tired of them after about 2 months, but this has not been the case of GLB. Keep in mind the game is still in Beta, so there will be hiccups in the coding, but we're at the end of our 8th season now (each season lasts 40 days from game 1 to the end of the playoffs, this doesn't include offseason days, so it would be unofficially about 46 days).
I would suggest to anyone who signs up that you take a few minutes to go through the Player Guides in the FAQ's Forum. Also, the forums are very active, to reflect on the 100k plus active players of the game. Check it out.