You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 25, 2021, 02:07:38 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Suggestion: pronouns entry in profile  (Read 365 times)

Online Sara NilssonTopic starter

• Queen of teddy bears. Sherlockian sacrifice connoisseur
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • She/her pronouns
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Suggestion: pronouns entry in profile
« on: August 06, 2021, 01:46:13 am »
So, was thinking, with the upcoming changes. Perhaps instead of say ICQ or one of those lines have one for pronouns? People can leave it blank if they want, but I thought it might be good for those that don't use want to use the lord or lady tag, or even then want something else. I know I am always scared to get it wrong and I know we have a listing for that, but I don't know if everyone knows it exist.

Anyway, just a thought I had. Feel free to throw tomatoes at me now :)

Sara

Offline Blythe

• Genie
  • Carnite
  • [FtM: He/Him/His Pronouns]
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Suggestion: pronouns entry in profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 02:14:03 am »
So, was thinking, with the upcoming changes. Perhaps instead of say ICQ or one of those lines have one for pronouns? People can leave it blank if they want, but I thought it might be good for those that don't use want to use the lord or lady tag, or even then want something else. I know I am always scared to get it wrong and I know we have a listing for that, but I don't know if everyone knows it exist.

Anyway, just a thought I had. Feel free to throw tomatoes at me now :)

Sara

I'd really like this. I know we have a gender icon, but that's not actually the best indicator for a person's preferred pronouns. Just adding my voice in saying that I'd love it if profiles had a pronoun section. <3

Online Sara NilssonTopic starter

• Queen of teddy bears. Sherlockian sacrifice connoisseur
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • She/her pronouns
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 02:18:39 am »
I cant even see what the gender icon is, its too small for my old eyes. So i even forgot it was there.

Online Tolvo

• Trans Human
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • She/Her
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 06:32:56 am »
I think I mentioned desiring this long ago(I highly doubt I was the first to suggest it), I know I did for Discord(Which thank you mods for adding pronouns to names by request ^_^). This would be a great addition to the new system I think and very helpful. Which it wouldn't surprise me if it's already planned.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 12:22:41 pm »
I would love to see this. Probably the most helpful information that you can put there!

Offline Nowherewoman

• No fantasy is large enough to contain my dreams.
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Good is not a practical survival strategy,
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 02:38:29 pm »
I cant even see what the gender icon is, its too small for my old eyes. So i even forgot it was there.

I *believe*  Veks said the icon was going away, anyway. Could be misremembering.

Offline Totoro

• Fat snuggly cat spirit
  • Centurion
  • Enchanter
  • [They/Them]
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 09:02:06 pm »
I'd love this too. Mine have already ended up as my personal text but it would be nice to have that free again.

Offline Esoterica

• Your 'New' Best Friend, They/Them Pronouns
  • Liege
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 12:17:59 pm »
I agree this would be a good thing to implement. I think a lot of people would appreciate it. And is ICQ even a thing anymore lol?

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!!!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 02:25:12 pm »
And is ICQ even a thing anymore lol?

Even if it is (I don't think so), I know for a fact that most of the other messengers are dead.  If we're just wondering what to put where, I'd suggest putting Discord info where the old messenger icons were, and a pronoun field where the little gender icon is.  (Definitely a text field to allow for less common n/b pronouns.)

Offline Geraint

• RomanceCrack Dealer and Propigator of Plot Bunnies (when the spirit moves) Cunning Linguist and Dispenser of Doggerel ♂️ Avatar from Mith
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Location: Someplace Out of this World, be it Historical, Hysterical, Fantasy, Modern, Romantic, or Truly Twisted
  • "There's no rush...but I can't wait"
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2021, 03:02:12 pm »
Why can we not have room for pronouns for those who wish to be identified in that fashion OR the gender tags for those of us who would prefer to be identified in that fashion?

Online Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2021, 03:20:25 pm »
There's Unicode support for that, too!  ♂ (Unicode 2642)    ♀ (Unicode 2640)  So they could also be put into a standard text field.

Offline Geraint

• RomanceCrack Dealer and Propigator of Plot Bunnies (when the spirit moves) Cunning Linguist and Dispenser of Doggerel ♂️ Avatar from Mith
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Location: Someplace Out of this World, be it Historical, Hysterical, Fantasy, Modern, Romantic, or Truly Twisted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2021, 03:47:22 pm »
I may be doing it wrong, but that doesn't work in the profile section for me.  2642  or in this post

I'm typing 2642 pressing ALT and then X
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 03:51:59 pm by Geraint »

Online Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2021, 03:53:03 pm »
I usually use the Windows character map applet, because it's easier for me to scan a bunch of symbols than remember an arbitrary number, but Microsoft's support pages says

To insert a Unicode character, type the character code, press ALT, and then press X. For example, to type a dollar symbol ($), type 0024, press ALT, and then press X. For more Unicode character codes, see Unicode character code charts by script.
source

I know it has to be done from the number pad, not the 'top of the keyboard' numbers.

Offline Geraint

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2021, 04:04:39 pm »
I usually use the Windows character map applet, because it's easier for me to scan a bunch of symbols than remember an arbitrary number, but Microsoft's support pages says
 source

I know it has to be done from the number pad, not the 'top of the keyboard' numbers.

Apparently it has to be done in a document off site first ♂ and then pasted in here

My old eyes can barely see the first ones;  But these ones are more visible ♂️ ♀️ 

And it takes two shots to get either pair into the profile.  The first one gives an error message; the second try works.

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 04:31:03 pm by Geraint »